“A Place of Peace, Love and Relaxation”
Review of Chateau Margarite

Chateau Margarite
Reviewed 3 August 2017

The Chateau Margarite Hotel was a great experience for my husband and I. Mr. Cornel and Margarite were very helpful, provided great customer service and resources while in Montego Bay, JM. We enjoyed the hotel environment and peaceful atmosphere. We had an opportunity to have an conversation with Mr. Cornel, Margarite and the servers: shared stories and laughs together. Everyone there were respectable and humble. There was a lot of love at Chateau Margarite, it is truly a family away from home.

Matthew and Kendra Spain

Room Tip: Rooms are Clean, Relaxing and Comfortable
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kmarsha27

Reviewed 15 February 2017

We had a wedding here. We use to go there all the time, and I remember the owners saying come back and do your wedding here, so we did. Unfortunately, it was the worst decision we made. The owners double charged us because we were from america, and made everything complicated for us during the entire time. I just wanted to get the wedding over with thats how complicated things were. Were Jamaican, and we had a friend of ours call back and ask for the same accommodations and the owners gave them a decent price. These people are not honest. I use to go there a lot and I thought they would have been fair, and it was a nightmare. I just thank God that it still worked out even through all the complications. I spoke with the owners before I went to montego bay and they told me I didnt have to bring much, and when I got there it was a different story. I will never go there again.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

A friend and I arrived in Jamaica on Christmas and were worried about where to eat since our hotel was a little remote. We were more than pleasantly surprised to find the Chateau. They were unbelievably hospitable providing us with great food for lunch. Great jerk chicken. Came back for supper and there was a wedding going on. Margaret still served us and showed us around. Our visit there turned a somewhat nervous situation into a great start to the vacation. Highly recommend.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2016

When I stayed in September 2016, it was not a good experience.

- There was no actual address for the hotel in our reservation. We got to the right general area, drove around for a while, and then asked some locals, who pointed us to what turned out to be an old location no longer in use by the hotel.
- We waited around at the old location for a few minutes trying to figure out what was going on with the seemingly deserted building when someone happened to show up who told us that the business was now using a different property. They gave us directions to the other property about a mile away.
- We get to the other property. It's right on the coast highway, which is convenient I suppose, but means there's some road noise.
- We're shown to our room. It seemed hastily assembled with a door that's clearly a residential front door with glass in it that's been papered over with newspaper, and a rusted over minifridge.
- Meanwhile, after some struggles getting their credit card system to behave, they end up double charging me because it turns out their booking company had already charged me a week before but they didn't know that.

Overall we had a decent enough night of sleep once we found the place, etc. Breakfast was mediocre, but did the job.

The proprietors seemed to be trying hard to provide a good experience, so I can't fault them for that, but they clearly did not have everything ready to go with their new location when I showed up. Maybe a month or two later the experience would be smooth, but it was not for me. Also, the prices were high compared to what I paid elsewhere in Jamaica. Maybe that's just Montego Bay, but the other places I stayed were comparably priced yet markedly better experiences.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

My stay at Chateau Margaritas was home away from home.
Mr. and Mrs. Di went all the way out to ensure that everything was perfect. Being Vegan, I was a little concerned as to what I would eat. Miss D took care of that.
I truly enjoyed when they picked coconut from their tree and served it.
My stay was memorable. Being there for 11 Day was worth it.
It is very affordable for family, couples or just solo.
May God continue to bless you both.
Natanyah

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Natanyah P

Been to Chateau Margarite? Share your experiences!