Casa Cubuy Ecolodge
US$136
US$140
US$219
  • Pool
Hacienda Tamarindo(Isla de Vieques)
US$201
Hotels.com
El Blok Hotel(Esperanza)
US$162
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsdown the roadother guestsoatmealfresh fruitan eco lodgethe ownerel yunquecoqui frogspuerto ricolarge tablenorth sideprivate trailthe main lodgemary anncommunal breakfastfellow travelerspack a lunch
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Casa Cubuy was a wonderful experience! The room and property were super clean and the views were out of this world! The best part though is listening to the coquis (frogs) when the sun goes down. It's just incredible. Super friendly and helpful staff. Great hikes right from the property. Would totally stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lexiejo70
Reviewed 27 June 2017

Wow! I just love this place!
We only spend two nights but I never felt so relaxed.
Breakfast was amazing! All made by the lovely hosts themself. You don't need to go hungry from the table that's for sure :)
A short walk to waterfalls and rockpools.
It's not a luxury hotel, but it has everything you need for an amazing time.
This place is a great basecamp to go out and explore El Yunque.
If I ever have the chance, I will go back!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

I almost don't want to review these guys because it was so amazing and I want to keep it all to myself. But alas, this place and these people were so great, I want them to have all the success in the world and their place to be booked all the time except when I need a room.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Linz K
Reviewed 31 May 2017

The pictures do not do this place justice! I cannot recommend this bed and breakfast enough.

First of all, I had some minor concerns since some people left bad reviews about the conditions of the rooms. I'll admit that if you're looking for a luxury hotel, this is not the place for you. However, our room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. This is not "a step up from camping" - definitely much better than that! We stayed here for our wedding anniversary, and I thought it was perfect.

Casa Cubuy is very private, quiet, with stunning views all around. We stayed in #5 which seemed to be the most private upper level room (though all have equally good views I think). We could see 2 waterfalls across the valley from our room, and hiked to both of them. We were not bitten by any mosquitoes, even sitting on our balcony past dusk and at sunrise. Breakfast was delicious and filling.

As for other food, we packed a cooler with lunch and dinner supplies, and the hosts were kind enough to let us use the communal fridge and their microwave. Ask before your stay if their restaurant is open; otherwise, come prepared with some food or snacks. There was another restaurant open about a mile down the road, which serves basic Puerto Rican food.

The hikes near the property are great, and we enjoyed them more than most of the more crowded ones on the north side of El Yunque (the main entrance). If only staying 2 days, I'd skip the north side of the park entirely. We did the lodge's private hike (leads from their property to a swimming hole at the base of a waterfall, and continues to more waterfalls), even taking a refreshing dip. We also did Los Prieto Falls (google for more info), which left from the south entrance's parking lot up the road from Casa Cubuy (we walked this, maybe added 15 minutes each way). This hike had some nice vistas and lots of interesting sections, not to mention barely any people even on a holiday weekend. It was a flat, easy hike and took us maybe 3 hours of walking slowly.

Come stay here, you won't regret it!!

Room Tip: The common area has stunning views, so getting an upper level room isn't necessary unless you want your views to be private
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for an adventure of a lifetime you will find it at Casa Cubuy! Located right in the middle of the rain forest it makes a good base for exploring El Yunque! The rooms are comfortable and the breakfasts delicious. We especially loved the "porridge". The innkeepers, Matthew and Marianne were welcoming and informative. Hiking is outside your door. If you are looking for a five star hotel look elsewhere, but if you are looking for an adventure then Casa Cubuy is for you!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family