Monarch Hotel(Johannesburg)
Genesis All-Suite Hotel(Johannesburg)
US$84
US$63
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$74/night.

US$90
US$71
US$132
US$99
  • Pool
The Reef Hotel(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$53
  • Restaurant
US$271
US$249
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$276/night.

US$394
US$379
Agoda.com
All reviewsgrant avenueenjoyed my stayshopping centrehotel is locatedbalconypeetandrejohannesburgsparamenitieshoughtonkeylinenssecurity
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Thank you to the really wonderful staff at the Ascot hotel for a wonderful experience
Excellent service you guys really know how to make the guest feel so special and really welcome. I want to go back to Johannesburg to experience this wonderful hotel once again

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
asc0th0tel, General Manager at Ascot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Wow - what a wonderful review

It puts a huge smile on our face when guests write such lovely things about us

We really hope to see you and welcome you again to our boutique hotel

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Visited Johannesburg on business from Sunday to Wednesday - what a little gem of a hotel. Central to everywhere that we needed to get to. Situated in somewhat of a run down street in Norwood but turn around the corner and you have divine little eateries everywhere with that whole CT feel about it. I think the area, from what I could see, is on the up. Our room - well suite - cos we upgraded was very nice and comfortable with the most amazing bed that won't let you get out in the morning. One of the best hotel beds I have ever stayed in with nice pillows. Home from home. The staff were absolutely amazing and couldn't do enough for us. Parking is off site but within minutes gates were opened and we were parked and safe. Not the best area in Johannesburg but great value for money. Great breakfast, good coffee and the smiling staff made it all that much better - well done Ascot Hotel - you are doing something right because it was also very busy. Hats off to you.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
asc0th0tel, General Manager at Ascot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review.

We are so glad that your stay with us was inviting and that you benefitted from our service - we put a lot of effort into ensuring our guests are made to feel extremely comfortable and welcome.

Thank you once again, for taking the time to review our little boutique hotel and we hope to welcome you again soon

Reviewed 22 August 2017

A very warm welcome from the excellent staff on reception made my whole stay in Jo'burg more enjoyable. My room was showing its age slightly, but the balcony, location and welcome more than made up for it. The magazine was a nice touch!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
asc0th0tel, Manager at Ascot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review on our hotel.

We really enjoy reading reviews of this nature as it makes our jobs so much more worthwhile.

We agree that our rooms at 6 years in are showing their age slightly and we have an exciting project in the pipeline which includes a full refurb of all rooms - we cannot wait to begin this process

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon

Regards

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I usually select my own accommodation when travelling for work purposes, however this time due to the last minute nature of my trip the accommodation arrangements was made by the admin team. The room was minute (that wasn't a problem considering my other issues), there was no mini bar in the room (I spent 5 days there, I really needed one) and before arrival we were informed that there was secure parking, however my car spent the duration of my stay on the road - furthermore the area isn't the best - in the day time it seems fine but at night it's scary. I've never been so afraid during a business trip in music life before.

And to top it all off I was asked to settle my account on arrival, so when I was unhappy with the conditions, the establishment was not bothered about assisting me as they had already received their money.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
asc0th0tel, Manager at Ascot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to express your opinion on our hotel.

I believe that our staff went above and beyond to assist you in making your stay as pleasant as possible from telling you about our secure parking next door to explaining how we did not choose to put you into a deluxe room (which DO NOT Have mini bar facilities) - this was booked by your admin team. We also would have gladly moved you into a Superior Room that has a mini-bar if this was arranged beforehand.
The area is perfectly safe and I am not sure why you found it scary at night - as there are a number of restaurants and cafes etc along both sides of the road - so it is an urban environment with restaurants surrounding. There are also a number of patrons who visit these restaurants day and night.

We were also instructed to take payment on arrival from all of our guests within this group

Our hotel can not be all things to all people - so thank you for your constructive criticism
and luckily it was only for 5 days!

All the best

Reviewed 9 August 2017

To Andre and his wonderful team, a big thank you for making sure our farewell party was incredible. I have worked in events for many years with various vendors and I have never come across such a great venue with staff so amazing that go the extra mile, the restaurant was set up beautifully, the staff were attentive, helpful and friendly, even our guests couldn't stop complimenting venue and staff, I highly recommend the Ascot hotel venue for events for 60 guests and below, you wont be disappointed:-) A big thank you:-)

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Many Thanks for your wonderful review

We are so pleased the you had an amazing event - The Ascot prides itself on ensuring that our guests enjoy every minute of their function

Our venue is small and intimate which allows for a fun night for all - to be had

Once again thank you and we hope to host you again soon

Regards