Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ibisUS$27
PricelineUS$27
Booking.comUS$27
Hotels.comUS$27
Agoda.comUS$27
TravelocityUS$27
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 July 2019 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 9 nights in May 2019.
The hotel is well located, and sits back off of the main road. The beach is only a 10 minute walk away, and the hotel offers a complimentary shuttle bus service throughout the day to and from the beach.
The rooms were very clean although quite small. There was a definite lack of space to store clothes, with only one small wardrobe which only had one shelf. There were no drawers in the room to store things.
The pool area was a good size and always kept clean. Not sure whether if it was due to the time I was there, or whether it’s an all year thing, but there was a very large contingent of Russian people staying, not that it bothered me, as they were all very well behaved and respectful.
The breakfast was very good, and dining area was always clean and fresh. Reception staff were also very pleasant and keen to help and assist.
Would definitely stay here again if I were to return to Kata, Phuket.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank hucasl
Management7020, General Manager at ibis Phuket Kata, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2019

Dear hucasl,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Phuket Kata!

We take great pride in our hotel and it’s always a pleasure to read that our guest have enjoyed our product and services we offer. Yes, indeed the number 1 source market for the Kata area is from Russia and hence the large volume. We really appreciate your kind words of appreciation and valuable feedback.

Thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 28 June 2019

All other thing are very good.polite people at desk , Good locality.easy to access Kata beach,Karom Beach, View point also very near to hotel. Room are very clean .Food is very good. Indian restaurant located just at hotel entrance

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Curious32986113713

Dear Curious32986113713,

THANK YOU for staying with us and sharing your experience with fellow travelers.

Its great to read that you really enjoyed your holiday experience with us. We strive to turn moments into memories for all our guests and I am pleased to hear that our team delivered friendly and cheerful service. I will definitely share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Wishing you a nice week ahead!

Reviewed 23 June 2019 via mobile

Small room, small toilet/bathroom, amenities very very basic - 3-1 shampoo/body wash, hand wash, shower cap, that’s it. Pool okay. Breakfast buffet is very very limited, see pic only get to eat fried rice, egg and sausages for 3days stay. 2 fruits same for 3 days stay. There’s shuttle to the beach on timings. About 5-10mins walk to the beach, passing road so not okay if got kids to carry or walk. Hotel and room are clean. Reception and dining staff okay but not too helpful, majority looks unhappy, expecting more since only a handful of guests, Low season. Guests staying in Low season make your business running.

Outside there’s a good massage/spa, life saver, other than those pros, not recommending. So many other hotel/accommodation options, choose better for the price. It’s my birthday trip, reception saw on passport, duh, they also don’t care! Nothing special here honestly. Maybe other Accor hotel but not this.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank dangzig
Management7020, General Manager at ibis Phuket Kata, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2019

Dear Expatmomdiaries,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We appreciate your comments.
Please accept my apologies as we fell short of your expectations.Your review will be shared with the concerned managers and corrective action will follow .

As ibis is an economy brand our rooms are designed to be a compact with all basic needs for everyday travelers, this enables us to offer our product at a very competitive price. We do have a standard breakfast with Asian signature and the menu items vary depending on the rotational menu .

I hope your next stay will be more pleasant than the previous one. Your feedback gives us the opportunity to work on our shortfalls and enhance our facilities.

Reviewed 13 May 2019

We stayed as a couple for a week. The room we got had a mesmerizing view of the mountains. The room was clean. The Breakfast buffet had delicious varities. Although the hotel had no room service, it is surrounded by many restaurants and street food vendors. The Kata Beach is very close, its a 2 minute walk through a shortcut to the beach. Also, the hotel provides free shuttle services to and from the beach at various hours. The famous Kata Night Market is just a 5-minute walk away from the hotel. Around the hotel there are many tour agents that give away great deals. Overall, The hotel and the area is great to travel for couples and families. Would love to visit again.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank travellovers1321
Varun G, General Manager at ibis Phuket Kata, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2019

Dear Prabhy133

Good to read that you had a memorable holiday experience at the ibis Phuket Katha.

Thank you for sharing your experience on trip advisor, guest feedback is extremely important to us and helps us to understand what we are doing right and where we need to improve. It’s also great to read the team at the property catered well to your needs and provided you with great service. I will defiantly share your comments with the team.

Thank you for the review and looking forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.

Reviewed 10 May 2019

This was my first experience of a big hotel ; i usually prefer boutique or smaller places. This runs like a factory ; very impersonal. Not judging on basis of this but imagine i had to go up and down 7 floors (via lift) 3 to 4 times because my key card wasn't letting me inside the room. I had the room in one extreme corner of the floor as we were given a bigger room with kid. It was quite frustrating. The front desk people treated me like they were just not interested in helping me out ; they talked to each other in thai and then one of them asked me the question in english. This just left a very bad in my mouth. I am very respectful to people who help us out in any form and i expect that respect as well immaterial of any other factor.
The only thing that i stuck me was their focus on re-usables - the water bottles were glass bottles which were replaced every day rather than single-use plastic bottles, the shampoo, bodywash, handwash etc were filled up in the fixtures just like homes so that there is little less plastic waste.
My only grudge was the size of shower, my husband is 6ft tall and could barely fit in.
The location is quite nice in terms of night life as we could go to the Kata night market on one side and some amazing eateries on the other side. The beach is a different story though ; if you don't know which route to take, you could be walking for miles.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Rohini G

Dear Rohini G,

Thank you very much for the review and taking your time to share your experience with us .

Firstly please accept my sincere apologies for the lapse in service you experienced at the front desk . I have already shared your feedback with the Front Office manager and corrective action will follow .

Being part of Accorhotels we strongly believe in minimizing the hotel carbon footprint on the local environment and hence the various initiatives around the hotel. ibis is a standardized product and our rooms are in compliance with our brand standards. Also great to read that you liked the central location of the hotel.

Once again thank you very much for the review and Looking forward to your next visit.