“Mr D's a 1950's American Treat” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 30 Restaurants in Attleborough
Price range: US$5 - US$40
Cuisines: American, British, Diner
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wymondham, United Kingdom
“Mr D's a 1950's American Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

Mr D's Diner is an American style 1950's diner. It is situated on the southbound carriageway of the A11 on the same site as the BP garage. You can also get to it from the northbound by taking the exit just past the shell garage crossing over and back down again. There are no advance signs so be careful not to shoot past. I understand they are looking at more signage to make it easier to turn off.
I just love the retro style, 1950's bubblegum colours of pink and blue for the seating, the recessed neon lights in the ceiling and that fabulous Wurlitzer jukebox playing music from the era.
There is even a Harley Davidson in the foyer area.
Me and my wife are regular visitors for a Saturday morning breakfast. These are superb with the coffee that just keeps coming.
On this occasion we booked a table for 11 for a friends birthday meal based on our breakfast visits, convincing all concerned this was the place to go.
What a great night we had with everyone impressed by the quality of the food, the service, friendliness of the staff, the atmosphere. Not one complaint, but if you wanted to complain about anything then it would be that not everyone could finish their meal as the portions were so big. In my opinion the value for money is outstanding.
They have a very good drinks and cocktail menu as well.
We will certainly be using this a regular haunt, oh we already do!!
Oh Did I mention free wi-fi too.
I would recommend booking in advance as it does become very busy particularly at weekends.
Take a look for yourselves here http://www.mrdsdiner.co.uk/

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Wayne R

Denholm, United Kingdom
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

We popped in for a meal it was very busy but were quickly shown to our seats, there is a simply an awesome selection of cocktails (non-alcoholic and with alcohol) The drinks arrived quickly whilst we waited on our starters! The diner is easy accessed from the car park,and the décor is amazing (red white and blue) for America) and I wont spoil all the secrets but pay attention to the photos on the wall! see if you can spot a theme! Starters arrived and were duly polished off! We had nachos and prawns and spicy peppers with cheese, (they were really really good) Main course for me was the T-Bone steak and it was a really full plate of food some thing I have never seen or tried before was sweet potato fries they were amazing this along with a very nice steak,mushrooms, salad,and coleslaw made for a fantastic meal.Pudding selection was a challenge -what one to have? again there is a great selection of puddings- I went for the Knicker bocker Glory! and if I had to complain this is where it would be not enough ice cream for me but to be fair the lack of ice cream was compensated by loads of fresh fruit!

Would I go again - Absolutely! staff were very friendly and were really busy but were always smiling and very polite.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank kcurrie1965
“Great food, great service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

A fabulous 1950s diner. Great service and even better food. I had smothered chicken, fries and coleslaw, hubby had an American dog, fries and mushrooms. The coleslaw and mushrooms came as side orders which was plentiful so we were actually able to share both and have some of each. Really liked the 50s design, decor and music. I will be returning. Next time with friends for a night out.

2 Thank Supervisor65
“All round excellence!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012 via mobile

Warmly welcomed upon arrival and service was very friendly and swift even though restaurant was busy.
Food was of a high standard and excellent value for money.
Atmosphere was friendly and fun with music from jukebox playing in background.
Can not think of any negatives, and I did try!

2 Thank Hungrydriver35
Milton Keynes
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

My boss and I called in at Mr D's for breakfast.

And we were really impressed by the decor and service.The fat boy breakfast was well worth the money.
I didn't eat again that day.

It was nice to eat in a clean new restaurant.Eaten in a few tired Little Chef's before.

I used to deliver Harley Davidson's so it was great to see one up close again.

If im ever up that way again I will be sure to call in.Good Luck for the future. Loved the pick up truck too!!!

• Visited April 2012