Englehart Motel(Englehart)
US$104
US$124
US$101
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$115/night.

US$86
US$81
US$69
US$67
All reviewsbasswalleyefishing tripnorthern ontariogowganda lakegreat fishingin excellent conditionspent a weekscreened in porchvickihostsboatscottagepikesceneryamenitiesdocks
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Our fishing group was supposed to go to a different location, but with the late spring the ice was still on the water. So we had to scramble at the last minute to find a place. I remembered I had seen Lookout Point on line and had inquired about it at that time, but we decided to go back to our previous destination. I made a quick call and we got lucky and got the last cabin available. Boy am I glad I called. Before we even arrived Vicki had arranged for us to get a larger cabin so we would have more room. We didn't really know what to expect, but when we arrived we were instantly impressed. Larry and Vicki were quick to meet us and show us around. Everything was A1, from the clean and fantastic cabin to the docks, fish hut and manicured grounds. Thou the fishing was a little tough on the main lake due to the late spring conditions we tried one of the surrounding lakes and quickly caught a few meals and our limit. We had a fantastic trip and were so impressed we have already booked for next year. Larry and Vicki were quick to answer any questions we had and helped out wherever they could. I highly recommend Lookout Point for a fishing or vacation destination. Now if I can talk the wife into driving that far I just might get back up there this summer. Thanks for the great time Larry and Vicki

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jamie H
LookoutPointCamp, Owner at Lookout Point Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Hi Jamie. What a wonderful review - thanks so much! So happy to have been able to accommodate you last minute like that and even happier that you've booked for next year. You're going to love Moose Manor.
It was great meeting everyone and we look forward to seeing you next Spring. P.S. Any pictures?

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Can’t say enough about Lookout Point Camp. My wife and I didn't know what to expect but we had hoped to have a nice quiet week away from the city and enjoy a week of fishing, reading and general relaxation. What we got far exceeded our expectations! The accommodations were super clean, comfortable and well equipped. We enjoyed our cozy comfortable cottage that had all the comforts of home but with an abundance of rusticity and charm! Our favourite spot was on our deck enjoying the breathtaking vista of the beautiful Gowganda Lake as the sun set in the evenings or in the morning to listen to the loons croon their hellos over the stillness of the lake in its morning mist. Our hosts, Vicki and Larry went out of their way to make us feel at home; you truly felt you were visiting family! No question or request was a bother and if they didn't have it, then Vicki or Larry would have an alternative solution. The fishing was great, the accommodations perfect, and our week away memorable enough to get us excited about planning another visit in the future!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ND613
LookoutPointCamp, Owner at Lookout Point Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thanks so much for that. I must say...if we ever decide to print out brochure's again, we'll definitely be picking your brain. Seriously - we enjoyed your company and look forward to seeing you again. Thanks again! Vicki & Larry

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Another trip to Lookout Point Camp and another amazing trip. I haven't been up in September for a while, but this trip sure didn't disappoint. The smallmouth bass, bellies bulging, had the feed bag on for sure. I've never caught so many 5lb + smallmouth in my life. The last couple of days the weather turned northern-Ontario cold. We were prepared with our survival suits, but the bass definitely slowed down. The one bonus, the northern pike turned right on! The cool air made us appreciate the comfort of our cozy cabin - having a spacious, well-equipped kitchen to make some comfort foods to sit by the view and enjoy a beer (or two) by. We also had an amazing birds-eye view of an experimental weather balloon launched from Timmins. And here, for a while, we'd hoped that the aliens were landing for a few days of good fishing too. Larry and Vicki, up to your amazing great standards as usual.

Room Tip: We stayed in Bass Abode this time. It's great for a smaller group of three or four, because it's still very spacious. You don't feel like you're on top of each other. And, the view is beautiful. Plus, call me superstitious, but Bass Abode seemed to = amazing smallmouth fishing!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Bobcaygeon_Steve
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This was my second year staying in Gowganda at Lookout Point Camp. I look forward to our trip every year, the 9+ hour drive is 100% worth it! The cabins are immaculate, the view is amazing and Vicki and Larry are one of the nicest people you will ever meet!
I couldn't ask for a better place to holiday! We WILL be back next year!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank vtyndall
LookoutPointCamp, Owner at Lookout Point Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

We enjoyed having you here and hope to see you back. Thanks very much for the wonderful review!

Reviewed 28 August 2013

This was our 9th year going to Lookout Point Camp with our very large family. As always we have the best time there. The beach is ideal for everyone especially kids! The fishing is fantastic to which my son took me fishing for the first time and I caught a PIKE with a worm and bobber! The accomodations are fantastic and very clean. Our hosts Vicki & Larry were wonderful as usual! i highly recommend Lookout Point Camp it is for everyone. It is so good that my three kids cannot understand why we can't live there...haha

Room Tip: Although we have only stayed in two of the cabins, they are all great!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Heather G
LookoutPointCamp, Owner at Lookout Point Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thanks so much Heather. You have a beautiful family and we always look forward to your August visit - see you in 2014!