Englehart Motel(Englehart)
US$105
US$75
US$70
Travelocity
All reviewsbasswalleyefishing tripnorthern ontariogreat fishingin excellent conditiongowganda lakegreat getawaygracious hostsspent a weekgreat weekscreened in porchvickiboatsscenerycottagepike
Reviewed 31 October 2016

Hi Vicki,

I wanted to send you and Larry a BIG thank you from our group for the outstanding week we had at Lookout Point Camp.

We've been hunting and fishing in the Elk Lake/ Matachewan/ Gowganda area for the past 10 years and we were all very, very impressed with your facilities.

As you know, our group prefers to fish on remote lakes which are more difficult to access - and more difficult on the body!

The Moose Manor was a much-welcomed sight when we came out of the Bush at night after a long day of hunting, fishing and working.

The spacious entrance area was absolutely perfect for reorganizing our gear, drying wet clothing and getting ready for the following day. The cabin was extremely clean and comfortable and the kitchen was awesome. And we have never seen a nicer fish/game cleaning hut on any of our travels... absolutely top notch!

We really appreciate the extra help and guidance you and Larry provided with recommending some new remote lakes and grouse hunting areas. These were great waters and trails.

We will definitely be coming back to Lookout Point and I would highly recommend you to anyone who is looking for lodging in your area.

All the best,

Bob

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
5  Thank rwzang
LookoutPointCamp, Owner at Lookout Point Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2016

Thanks for the wonderful review Bob. We were happy your week turned out to be so successful, but then you guys really put the time in. No matter what the weather, it wasn't hard to tell you love the outdoors. We look forward to your return, and thanks once again. Vicki & Larry

Reviewed 12 October 2016

I have been going to lookout point for 14 years and every time I leave it gets harder. I have stayed at many lodges in northern Ontario over the years and Lookout point is definitely my favourite.The cottages and the grounds are absolutely beautiful. Vicki and Larry always keep the grounds and the cottages spotless They always make you feel right at home and very welcoming. I have stayed in all the cottages at lookout point Camp and they are all by far the nicest cottages I have stayed in they have every thing you could ever need and more. I Fish only Walleye and every time I go to Lookout point I leave more than satisfied with my success. I cant wait to go back next year.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank jtY2793MW
LookoutPointCamp, Owner at Lookout Point Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

Hi Jason, and thanks for the wonderful review. I'm surprised you didn't post a picture of your trophy walleye - this is a great place to do some bragging! As always, great having you here - thanks again.

Reviewed 10 October 2016

My hunting buddie Brad and I just came back from our first visit to Lookout Point Camp and we were extremely impressed. We were there for Grouse hunting, although we weren't as successful as last year, we throughly enjoyed ourselves.
Vicki and Larry are extremely nice people, very friendly, accommodating, meticulous, detail oriented. Brad and I were welcomed when we arrived and our cabin, Bass Abode was in mint condition, extremely clean, organized, well appointed and well stocked with all the essentials necessary for an enjoyable relaxing stay.
Vicki and Larry were very accommodating, example: Since it was a very dull rainy cool day, we wanted to watch some Sunday NFL but there was a planned hydro outage in the afternoon. No problem, Larry delivered a generator to our cabin and we were in business, now that's going the extra mile for your guests.
Brad and I commented many times to each other how comfortable and cozy our cabin was, you could live there!!!
All the other cabins are also meticulously maintained as well, with attention to every little detail.
Larry was very helpful with suggestions where to try and find the birds, we had some success. He was always in motion, cleaning or maintaining the grounds and cabins. You can tell by the neat and well organized grounds that Vicki and Larry really care about their property and making a good first impression. There is no junk laying around, all the boats are neatly put away, firewood pile neatly stacked, equipment stored, you can easily see the care and compassion Vicki and Larry exude in everything they own.
I could write a book on LPC and Vicki and Larry, but in short.........You owe yourself a trip to LPC and enjoy everything about.
It's FABULOUS!!!!! Brad and I have booked for next year and hopefully for many years to come!!!

Room Tip: All the cabins are lakefront with screened in porches to be able to enjoy the outdoors without the bugs.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Paul S
LookoutPointCamp, Owner at Lookout Point Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

That's an amazing review Paul - thanks so much. Larry and I were happy to have met you and Brad, and we look forward to seeing you again next year. Thanks again!

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

If you want awesome relaxation in a comfortable clean cabin, this is the place to be. With an awesome lake view, awesome fishing and great hospitality it can't get any better then this !! As you can see from the fish, 7.5lb, 7lb, 6.6 lb small mouth bass!! 24" walleye x 4 and a fee 40" pike!! Gotta love this place!! Oh yeah, Vicky and Larry are awesome!! It's like it is our own retreat !! See you next year for sure
Malcolm and Curtis

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
LookoutPointCamp, Owner at Lookout Point Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2016

We love your enthusiasm. Thanks guys - see you next year!

Reviewed 8 August 2016

Second year at Lookout Point Camp and it was another week of rest and relaxation in fabulous accommodations. Talk about a room with a view! We were warmly welcomed as soon as we stepped out of the truck !

We rented Bass Abode once again. The cottage was immaculate when we arrived...thank you Vicki! Space offers two bedrooms with a spacious full bath, living room, diningroom and full kitchen. The cottage offers plenty of room to spread out and with four people we never felt crowded.

The most beautiful part of this cottage in my view is the screen porch allowing you to sit outside even when the mosquitos come out. The screen porch provides a table and chairs with ample space for coolers and gear. During the day there is plenty of room to relax and suntan on the outer deck which offers a nice bbq chairs and a small table.

The boat was in great shape and always gassed up ready to go...thank you Larry!

Fishing was good...those pickeral make you work for it though...probably why it's called 'fishing' not 'catching'.

Larry and Vicki are terrific hosts. They take care of their property and take pride in making sure your vacation is wonderful. Although they are doing things around the camp, they were never intrusive and when you did see them they were friendly and engaging.

Although there are other cottages we rarely heard anyone else ...we probably were the noisiest with our music and games on the porch but nothing out of hand or rowdy.

We look forward to returning next year...We have stayed in other places but we will reurn to Lookout Point again and again. The title of the review says it all...this is MY happy place ;)

OH one last thing I forgot to mention in the previous review as well as this one...THE BEACH! Wonderful area to swim with sand and if you are lucky the ducks will swim with you ;)

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine R
LookoutPointCamp, Owner at Lookout Point Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2016

It was great having you back Christine. Thanks so much for the wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you next year!