Free cancellation until 27/07
US$91
US$88
The Beach Motel Hervey Bay(Torquay)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$71
US$68
  • Beachfront
The Palms Hervey Bay(Torquay)(Great Value!)
US$53
US$51
Book now, pay at stay
US$107
US$104
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$24
US$23
Tower Court Motel Hervey Bay(Torquay)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$66
Buzers(Torquay)
US$34
US$30
  • Pool
Hervey Bay Colonial Lodge(Torquay)(Great Value!)
US$77
Priceline
Bayshores Holiday Apartments(Torquay)(Great Value!)
US$65
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Shelly Bay Resort(Hervey Bay)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$95
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I spent a most enjoyable week at Delfino Bay Great rooms that opened wide to the wonderful breeze. I personally could live in the apartment permanently. Andrew and Diane were great hosts and made us feel part of the family. The rooms were spacious, clean and bright and beds were excellent. the pool was great being elderly I was able to get in and out of the pool. It is close to shops and eateries, everything was in walking distance. We were a mixture of friends staying in 2 bedroom apartment and we did not feel we were over crowding each other. I would recommend the Delfino Bay Resort to everyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We recently returned from a 5 night stay at Delfinos and I must confess I am slightly perplexed by a previous writer’s bad experience. Our unit was clean, comfortable, on par with what we would expect from 3.5 star holiday rental and equipped with all the things necessary for a pleasant stay.
During our stay this time, there was demolition work taking place to the restaurant at the front but it was not intrusive and wasn’t heard from our rooms. The only affect it had, was that we had to use the rear entrance to the underground car park, instead of driving out via the front of the building for 2 days.
We have now stayed at Delfinos 7 or 8 times (as a couple and with other family members) and regard the managers, Diane and Andrew as friends. They are always extremely professional, courteous, friendly and helpful with advice on how to make the most out of a visit to Hervey Bay.
We can say quite honestly that we have stayed in various styles of rooms there and have not once struck one that we weren’t happy with. With the caveat that it is a holiday resort not a 5 star hotel.
During this last visit we chatted with numerous guests as we passed them in the reception area, and it appears that most had stayed many times before and there seem to be a lot of regulars. Kids seem to be making full use of the pool, table tennis area and videos from reception.

We find Delfinos is located in an ideal spot - walk across the road and you find a beautiful, safe and extremely long beach, great for kids and long walks. Along the extremely long esplanade, there are plenty of coffee shops and shops to explore, tennis courts and water sports hire shops. Worth a trip down to the marina to walk around, eat or book a boat trip.

We will definitely be back when we feel the need to recharge our batteries.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rory A
Reviewed 18 November 2012

We had a little difficulty finding someone at check in but after that a good welcome.

The car parking is under the motel and down a steep (short) driveway. After getting into the secure car park we went up to the room in the lift. It was awkward to get to our room using the luggage trolley so I did not use it when we checked out.

The room though large was a bit of a disappointment as it did not have a microwave and there was no wifi (not even any that could be paid for though there was a chargeable internet PC in reception). There were few channels on the TV.

The room was not made up while we were staying though maybe that is that is usual though we were not aware if that is so.

Room Tip: Be careful if you have heavy luggage that you can get it easily to the room. We had to negotiate a heavy awkward door and a steep slope to get to our room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Basic accommodation, which is all we had planned for. However we have milk and a fridge but no coffee, tea, cups or glasses and just had my worst shower ever with a dribble of water versus it coming gushing out of hand basin tap. Choose a sponge bath instead. Personnel helpful and friendly. Location next to two restaurants and beach across the road. However I would not return because of shower.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Kim A
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I arranged to stay at Delfinos last year over Christmas - and had the worst experience. I found the hotel conditions way below par, and the manager rude and unfriendly.
Having just come back to tripadvisor one year later I see that Delfinos still has plenty of positive reviews, I don't understand why I was the unlucky one...?
To start - we collected the keys from an envelope at the closed hotel reception counter.
On entering the 2 bed apartment we found the unit ridden with ants, and filthy with outdated furniture.
It was absolutely impossible for us to stay there. When we tried to discuss this with the resort manager, all I got was verbal abuse about how I had ruined his christmas day - not thinking how his run-down units and filthy accommodation had ruined ours.
In later correspondence, I tried to resolve the issue of my paying for 2 nights accommodation which I could not think of sleeping in. The manager did not make any amends.
I have been left 300 dollars out of pocket for services that I didn't use all.

Word of advise - stay away from Delfinos.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family