All reviews underground parking the kitchen across the road hervey bay short walk to the shops easy access relaxing break bedroomed apartment fully self contained new managers main bedroom sea view great position night stay washing machine and dryer bed was comfortable home away from home
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We have just returned from staying 3 nights in the Charlton Apartments, Hervey Bay, and enjoyed our time there. The apartment was clean and tidy with the complete set up of washing / cooking facilities which were great. The lounge and dining room area was spacious and the kitchen was a good size too. We had chosen a 3 bedroomed apartment as it was my Husband and I, one of our daughters and also my parents staying there. My parents had the main bedroom with a walk in wardrobe and ensuite which was nice and big as was the room with the two single beds. The second bedroom with the queen sized bed which we had was not very big at all but was comfortable.
The only issue we had was the lack of hot water. The first morning we stayed only 2 out of the 5 of us managed to get a hot shower. This was really frustrating as we were all getting ready to attend my Grandmother's funeral so were all on time restraints. I was surprised at this considering the apartment could have slept 6 people but the hot water supply only managed to do 2 people. There was however a sign in the main bathroom that said the apartment had a small water tank - but definitely not big enough for the amount of people the apartment could accommodate!
In saying this our stay was pleasant and I wouldn't hesitate to go back should we want to stay in Hervey Bay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
David J, Manager at Charlton Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

Thank you for your feedback - here at Charlton Apartments we value our guests comments and suggestions.
We do apologise for any inconvenience caused to your family at such a stressfull time with the Hot Water system and hot showers.
The apartment HWS has a 120 Litre capacity, unfortunately the heating regime is controlled by the electricity tariff Ergon Energy has locked us in on and HWS does not reheat during on-peak times, only off-peak, also due to space constraints we are unable to install any larger HWS units.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

After having an awful experience and making a last minute booking on the road at 6p.m., we were so glad to have the helpful manager waiting for us when we got there. The room was clean and well provisioned. It's close to lots of lovely cafes and restaurants and right across from the beach.
It was well priced and the staff were very helpful.
Would definitely stay here again. Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ToniS608
Reviewed 10 April 2012

As a returned client I could not find my family and I staying anywhere else at Hervey Bay when we visit. The service and staff are friendly which seems to be lacking in many other facilaties of this calibre. With a short walk to the main restaurants and shops along the waterfront as well as the beach just across the road, the location is ideal for families and couples. I've stayed in a couple of varied appartment layouts and all were clean, comfortable, modern and fully equiped. I would not hesitate in recomending Charlton Appartments to anyone considering a stay at Hervey Bay, be it business or a vacation. My family and I know we will always come back to Charlton Appartments as we know our accommodation needs are always guaranteed.

Room Tip: The appartments at the rear of the complex are great if privacy is what you want. The second floor appartments have great views with bigger balconies and are quieter. All rooms are open plan.
2  Thank Lionel B
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We were very happy with our stay at the Charlton, we are regulars to Hervey Bay and the Charlton is in the perfect location close to shops. Torquay beach allows you to swim at the beach at any time of the day. The Charlton is well priced and the staff were very accommodating to our personal needs. We have booked again for our next holiday.

1  Thank Jodi S
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Have stayed several time at the Charlton we love the relaxed atmosphere with wonderful views of the beach, plenty of restaurants within walking distance, the apartments are well maintained and clean, the pool and surrounding gardens are lovely. Dave is a top bloke and goes out of his way to make sure we have a great time. At the end of the day there is nothing like sitting on the balcony overlooking the water. We will definately being booking again

2  Thank Suellen444