US$75
US$67
Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa(Karon)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$97
Hilton
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

US$115
US$102
Movenpick.com
US$64
US$57
The Boathouse Phuket(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$135
Chanalai Flora Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$121
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort(Karon)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$185
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Mom Tri's Villa Royale(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$293
US$238
US$190
US$144
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$196/night.

Katathani Phuket Beach Resort(Kata Noi Beach)(Great Value!)
US$259
US$210
  • Beachfront
All reviewsno elevatorkaron beachbeach towelsair connice pooltvphuketbahtadjoinedmotorbikerates
Reviewed 15 January 2017

This would be my 3rd or 4th stay at Bamboo House. Nice and clean rooms. Great location. Just 5 minutes walk to the beach. The sidewalk is a better bet on the other side of the street. This side of the street has its walking area taken up by the motor bike parking. Pretty good breakfast. They need to do a better job of replenishing the food. Breakfast options for multiple tastes - European, Western, Asian, etc. Wifi in the room worked well. They also gave a 20% discount for food at their restaurant. Nice pool and places to lounge. You can't put a drink from the pool on your room tab as it is separate from the hotel. Odd. Beware, no elevator! Rain umbrellas and beach towels with a bag for use at the beach in each room. Watch out for transportation fees! They (hotel and outside vendors) wanted to charge me 1200-1300 (early morning) to get to the airport. I used Grab Taxi and got there for 800 baht. Uber doesn't work in Phuket. The transportation rates of tuk tuks is outrageous. Karon to Patong Beach 4.9 km is 400-800 baht. I paid 190 baht with Grab Taxi but couldn't get a return so forked over the 400 baht. Painful. Ice cream at McDonald's was 40 baht but it was only 18 baht in Chiang Mai. Life in a tourist area during peak season. Phuket is getting too expensive for me.

Room Tip: There's no elevator so choose wisely. There are rooms below ground level too. I prefer high rooms for the view and quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 January 2017

Found this place accidentally nearly 3 years ago. Been back ever since.Sadly this yearly trip to Phuket it is booked :( Love its quaintness, off the main road and can barely hear traffic. small pool. beautiful rooms all with bamboo theme are kept immaculately. I will miss not being here this year.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent!
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2017

We stayed at The Bamboo House for 5 nights in December. We are not strangers here, we loved this hotel, every time we visit Karon we stay for at least 3 nights -this time we decided to stay longer.

We were upgraded when we arrived - this meant we had one of the 5th floor rooms with a balcony , we had never stayed in this room so we were very happy but there is no lift (Very hard to walk the stairs to your room after being outside in the heat) and the superior rooms are a little bigger as they do not have a balcony.
The reception staff are very helpful and cheerful and so are the cleaners. The hotel cannot be faulted (apart from no lift)

The restaurant you have your breakfast in used to be lovely - lots to choose from and the option to have eggs / omelettes....not this time! The restaurant and the hotel now have different owners, this is very clear by the way the restaurant staff treat you in the mornings. A lot of the time we were waiting for the food to be replenished (this was normally 8am) the food on offer was a lot of noodles and pancakes. Most mornings I just had toast. I don't understand why eggs are not offered any more - there are chefs in the kitchen and they prepare fresh pancakes so why not omelettes and eggs?
In the morning breakfast starts at 6am - at 5am the restaurant were playing there music ready for breakfast , I could hear this and couldn't sleep through it.

Overall the hotel is completely let down by the joining restaurant and the staff that work there. One morning my partner was accused of already having his breakfast when he hadn't (this made us feel uncomfortable).

Its a shame as the hotel staff are nice but due to the breakfast staff we wont be visiting the Bamboo House again.

If you are looking for a room in a central location with NO breakfast then I would recommend the Bamboo House, there are plenty of perfectly nice restaurants close.

Room Tip: The lower rate room doesnt have a is more spacious than the higher rate room - also not as many stairs to walk up every day!!
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2016

We stay here for 6 nights, on arrival, we just wanted a good night sleep. The room was on the top floor up 6 flights of stairs, no lift. I request another room of which the following morning we were lucky and were able to change to one on the reception level, which was great as my wife was getting over a torn calf mussel.

Thank you very Bamboo house staff.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Cant fault the food, it was of great quality and very tasty. 5 stars for food quality.
Now the service was not great.. felt quite left out. Firstly they brought me a wrong cocktail and i really felt as if it was my fault that they gave me the wrong thing! No appology..
Then once i paid the bill we were not offered clean towels like everyone else.. i know its a small thing but my child really needed it!
Girls are all lovely but really lack of attention is disappointing.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family