US$80
US$68
US$76
US$57
Chanalai Flora Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$30
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$36/night.

Movenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket(Karon Beach)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$103
  • Pool
The Boathouse Phuket(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$134
US$132
US$201
US$148
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$214/night.

Mom Tri's Villa Royale(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$304
US$220
Priceline
Katathani Phuket Beach Resort(Kata Noi Beach)(Great Value!)
US$285
US$207
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
3,608 results
All reviewslotus wingsails restaurantthe executive loungethai thai restaurantdiamond memberkaron beachsea viewmain lobbyhuge propertytennis courtsjunior suiteandaman seatuk tukpublic beachshuttle bushappy hourbusy road
Reviewed 29 March 2008

Let me start by saying we are Hilton Diamond members and we notified the hotel beforehand that we were celebrating our anniversary.

Room: Our room had a great see view. The room number was 1241 and was in the Adaman wing. It was right near the check in and closest to the pool near the ocean. The room was large with a nice patio. The bathroom had one sink and wasn’t extremely large and had a few bugs. The shower is a little tough to navigate for westerners but we figured it out. Also there is only a tub with a shower. Not a Jacuzzi or anything but that was fine. The room had a safe, dresser and spacious closet. The beds were comfortable we had two fresh waters replaced each day for free in the room. A nice touch when you were hot from a day at the pool. The room also has a mini fridge. The location of the room was great. There is a Saitong wing which is a little walk to the main area. I would say no more then 3 minute walk but none the less it was a walk to get to where the action of the hotel is.

Pool: We spent all the time at the pool where we could see the ocean as well as lay by the pool. This pool also had a diving board and nice diner where you could get food and drinks. We never ordered the food or drinks. There are 3 pools altogether. One other pool had a slide but we found out the hard way this is for only children under 12. We went down this slide and cracked our elbow on the bottom of the pool. The other pool had a basketball hoop which could be fun. The pools all have umbrellas to use as cover. The other two pools also have more trees. This is nice if you are looking for additional shade.

Location: We really liked the location since we could easily walk to shopping and restaurants in Karon. It was about a 10 minute walk and it was hot but we didn’t mind the little exercise. If you head out towards the ocean and take a right and walk about 5 minutes you will find a nice market. More to come on market prices below. If you really want to go where the action is take a taxi to Patong. Walk out the back of the hotel towards the beach and before you cross the road you will find Taxi’s and they should charge 300 BHT to the beginning of the Patong area. They say 400 BHT to the middle but not sure I believe that. More to come on Patong below. We enjoyed staying in Karon and traveling to Patong. We went twice to Paton and enjoyed it but I would not want to stay in that area. If you want to be in the heart of the go go world then stay in Patong. Personally we’d rather visit and retire to our nice hotel.
When you get off the place in Phuket stop at the Hilton area and they will set you up transportation for 650BHT. Book the guy for the trip back. Taxi’s cost 800BHT if you don’t arrange the pickup.

Executive Room: This was great for us. We got nice breakfast every morning and they have two computers set up with internet access that you can use. They had happy hour each night from 5-6:30 and had drinks and food during this time. Some great sunsets can be seen from the executive room. We ended up eating such large breakfasts and snacking at happy hour we actually didn’t go out for nice dinners while in Phuket.

Beach: The beach is across the road and Hilton employees will stop traffic to help you cross. We didn’t spend a ton of time at the beach but you can rent chairs for 200 BHT a piece. I think that is correct. I sat down and realized I had no money and the guy was asking for 200 BHT. The water is extremely comfortable. They also have parasailing and you can rent jet skis. We inquired about the jet skis and they cost 1500 BHT for 30 minutes. You couldn’t negotiate on this. I tried.

Karon Market: The Karon market has everything from T-Shirts, jewelry, purses, jeans, shoes and homeware. Here is what we bought and what we paid.
Wallet: Starting Price – 400 BHT Paid - 150 BHT
Prada Purse: Starting Price – 1800 BHT Paid – 600 BHT (This took some time to negotiate)
Designer T Shirt (Paul Frank): Starting Price – 400BHT Paid - 150BHT
Harley T-Shirt: Starting Price - 300BHT Paid – 200BHT
Gucci Sunglasses: Starting Price – 800BHT Paid – 300BHT
Jewelry Bracelet: Starting Price – 199BHT Paid – 300BHT for two
Didn’t Buy Adidas Zip Up: Starting Price – 1200BHT Could have Paid – 350BHT
The Karon market is about 1/50th of the size of the Patong market. It had a lot of the same items. Believe me you will see a lot of the same things over and over. We waited to the end of the trip to make a lot of our purchases as we got a better understanding of the floor.

Patong: This town has everything from bars, restaurants, suit makers and everything you might possibly want. Be prepared for everyone to hassle you to come look at their shop. Also, everything is cheap, cheap. We did a little shopping here and had dinner one night. I bought some suits from a place just past the Holiday Inn and down an alley way. The name is G. Boss (64/5 Soi Kepsub Near Horizon Hotel) Taweewong Rd. I went immediately when we got to Phuket. I had one fitting then tried everything on a day later and had final adjustments. So I went 4 times altogether. This probably isn’t necessary but wanted to make sure these fit. HE wanted 18,000 BHT for 2 suits and a sports coat. We paid 14,000 BHT. The suits look nice and I hope they last a long time. I read about this place on Tripadvisor forum. Be prepared to negotiate and if you want to party this is the town to do it. Make sure to walk down the road. Just where the beach ends there is a huge road closed to traffic and it is bar after bar.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
6  Thank dtchicagotraveler
Reviewed 28 March 2008

i stayed here two years running its fab place everything local we made friends with local bar owner in karon bar called the snook bar all staff very friendly ralf who owns bar very helpful.
food was wonder ful in the hotel and out lai moi in patong is fab fish resturant the lobster to die for.the pools very good can get crowded the pool boys so helpful in general hotel is what you expect a hilton to be i stayed in both saitong wing and andamen both very good rooms the maids are excellent to .i fell in love with thailand and cant wait for a thid vist.

Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed 25 March 2008

The thing that was in my mind when I returned was "I'm just coming down from heaven".
The hotel is great. Very big. Lost's of nature. I felt like in the movies. Wherever I went it was exotic, and modern at the same time. Pools all over the place. The food was fantastic, the employes very friendly, little english, but very friendly. I changed room. The first was ocean view, witch I defintly recomend. The other was garden view. I liked that this one was even much more beautifully designed inside. Atention to the details, as a 5* hotel should have. Very nice.
I was walked around the place by Udon - a taxi driver. Because I was very impressed with his patience and amability, I asked his number, and place it here. Udon P.: [--]. He has a beautifull car, and the best thing was that he, waited for me to do shoping, and told were to buy what I wanted, and price negociable!
Regarding the hotel, specially the conditioned air, daily when I returned from trips, I found the room clean, and the conditioned air on. That made the room wetty. If you like that way it's ok. If not talk to the room cleaner.
It's a must to take trips to islands... I went to Phi Phi [great snorkelling, and Phand Nga [James Bond], but I regret not going to SImilan Island for scuba dive. There are ALL a must.
That's all.
Enjoy Phuket, it's just amazing

• Stayed: February 2008
5  Thank Activescop
Reviewed 11 March 2008

The Hilton is ideally located across the street from Karon Beach. Karon Beach is quite a bit less crowded than Patong Beach but with all the same things to do...except the "go-go" bars. Patong is only a 15-minute, 400 baht taxi ride away.
The Hilton is a sprawling resort with beautiful grounds and friendly service. We had no problem finding chairs by any of the pools. If you are a Hilton Honors Gold or Diamond member you will receive access to the executive lounge. The lounge has a free hot breakfast, afternoon tea and, best of all, happy hour. Wine is expensive in Thailand so we consumed our share every night at the happy hour. The lounge also has free Internet access. The best place to catch a taxi is by the beach entrance. We preferred a taxi to a tuk tuk because it's a steep climb over the hill to Patong. The drivers were all helpful but I would recommend one in particular if you want to tour around for the day. Mr. Somchot Phuangprang [-]. He is a Phuket native, speaks English and drives safely.
There is a fun shopping area and restaurants about a 10-minute walk north from the hotel up the beach road. Bargain when shopping and expect to pay 50% of their first offer.
There are massage ladies by the beach and in town. The beach massage was 400 baht ($12). These are all legitimate, not sex parlors - those are in Patong and you can tell the difference. Beach chairs rent for 100 baht ($3) per day.
We stayed at the JW Marriott before the Hilton and there was quite a contrast on location. The Marriott is in a very secluded area north of the airport. It is a five star resort with a quiet beach and world-class service. However, it's quite expensive and Patong and Phuket City are one hour away. We personally preferred the Hilton because of location

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jkhbird
Reviewed 25 February 2008

Stayed at the Hilton in Saitong Wing with sea view. It was a lovely room, and great view. The staff were all very polite and welcoming. The only problem with this hotel was that on the second week of our stay it was getting busy and there weren't enough sun beds around the pools even though there are 3 pools to sit round. The area in Karon Beach was great, just away from the hustle and bustle of the main Karon Centre which took 5 mins to walk to. If you want more of a lively night out go to Patong which is very lively. A taxi costs 300 bht (around £5 depending on exchange rate). The bars are buzzing and there are plenty of restaurants. We went to Bangkok first for 3 nights which helped to split the trip up. That was a different experience and would recommend it. We did a twin centre through Virgin which was excellent and well organised even though they use in-house travel agents. Thai Airlines however was not very nice. The plane was tatty and the tv screens were limited (we could only see one from where we were sat which was situated on the middle wall). However, there were plenty leg room and the meals were ok. Maybe next time I would try and save more money and go business class which costs around an extra £750 pp one way but would be well worth it. Overall the holiday was excellent and the Thai people are lovely (even the Thai girls and ladyboys!)

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple