cons: nice slides and pools. location is not bad - between kata and karon. you can walk 10-15 minutes to arrive to the centers.
the hotel itself is very outdated: walls so thin you can hear everything going on everywhere (other guests or staff every time they pass the corridors for example).
the "kids club" was always closed with a sign saying "go to the reception in case it is closed" - when I went to the reception they told me it is a small room with a table to draw and a small TV. by the way the TV has only one channel for kids (cartoon network) which is not active in the morning.
the AC wasn't great and the refrigerator was even worse - not cooling very well and small. the hotel supply 2 bottles of water (like any other hotel we experienced in the area) but in glass bottles -we asked not to get those (small kids + glass bottles... not good combination).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Central located on Karon Beach, in the heart of Karon's popular shopping, dining and entertainment district, a minute walk away from the beach. Designed as a village with lush tropical gardens complete with restaurants serving both local and international cuisines. Phuket Orchid Resort & Spa offers a complete experience and a perfect choice for families with its family rooms, theme pools and Kids Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Phuket Orchid Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phuket Orchid Hotel Karon
- Hotel Phuket Orchid
- Phuket Orchid Resort & Spa Karon