what a lovely hotel. we stayed in a cabana room, a family with two small children (aged 1 and 4). the room was big with two fullsize beds (one for us and one for our child) plus a baby cot. it had every thing that you would like in the the room, flatscreen TV, DVD player etc. you arrive to the room through your walled private terrace that was a nice size with two sun beds shaded with lovely vines and plants. we booked a very reasonable priced (about £30 for two people plus 25% off wine if ordered in advance) surf and turf BBQ, which the staff set up in the private terrace, complete with table, chairs and white linen etc and we cooked for a romantic relaxing evening (please note that they need 24 hours notice). in the rear of the property accessed through the bathroom (but not a bath just shower) the again walled secluded large jacuzzi/ pool terrace which was nicely warmed by the sun. the jacuzzi/pool was walled which again was great for the small children, but also sunken to give some depth. each evening you phoned room service to order your complementry evening cocktail which they delivered with nibbles. it was worth paying the extra money for this room, it was soo nice having put the children to bed to relax in the the pool looking up at the twinkling stars above. the service was very good, the people couldn't do enough to help. the man who drives the electric buggies around deserves a special mention (sorry I dont know your name) who remembers at all times which room you are staying in, frequently gave us rides to the kids club/ swimming pool etc if he saw you around.
The cabana rooms dont come up on many websites so we had to book directly with the hotel on thier website but we still got a great rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Karon Town, with an abundance of eateries and entertainment options at its doorstep and Karon Beach a short stroll away, the resort is perfectly located to experience the many facets of Phuket. As a destination in its own right, Centara Karon Resort Phuket fulfils every holiday aspiration, from pure bliss at Spa Cenvaree to active holidays and family fun with activities galore, yoga sessions, three swimming pools, waterslides and a kids’ club. This four-star resort, laid out within beautiful gardens backed by green hills, is comprised of four very distinctive residential zones. Couples and small families will find the rooms and Honeymoon Suites at the Terraces a comfortable retreat, and enjoy the option of ocean view or a private outdoor Jacuzzi; while families and groups of friends are spoilt for choice with spacious guestrooms set moments away from the waterslide and games of the Lagoon pool. The generously-sized one- and two-bedroom Cabanas feature a private terrace with a plunge Jacuzzi. As a fun place for families, the resort has a kids’ club with daily activities and three expansive swimming pool areas complete with three children’s pools for the younger ones to splash in, two waterslides and pool games. Pool parties are held regularly, and other activities include tennis and football. The resort also has two restaurants, a sports bar, and three swim-up pool bars A scheduled shuttle service takes guests from the resort to Patong, and Phuket International Airport is reached in less than one hour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Centara Karon Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Karon Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Karon Hotel Phuket
- Centara Hotel Karon