We booked our trip 6 months ago. All of my communication via e-mail was addressed to Jim- the apparent reservations manager Centara Grand Beach resort.
Or so we thought !!
My subject heading never changed. A week before we left for our annual vacation my wife suggested we check that all was confirmed. Great idea. After a few e-mails and some phone calls we discovered that we had never booked at the Grand Centara . The website for Centara resorts was so confusing that even though our absolute intention was to book at the Grand Centara and my e-mails were directed to Jim @ reservations manager Centara Grand Resort it was never brought to my attention that the e-mail responses we received from Centara had
"ckr" quietly attached to the e-mail address .
Of course anyone would know that this stood for Centara Karon resort.
To top it all my credit card receipt was clearly from the Centara grand resort. I later established that they apparently use this as a central banking system.
We had no choice but to take our Centara Karon accomodation. The management of Centara group were un-sympathetic to say the least.
We tried to find other accomodation or to transfer to the Grand,this was not possible a the hotel was full.
Yeech ! The Centara Karon resort accomodation was like a 2 Star. Dated,old,noisy a/c etc...
Drunk guests shouting and beating each other up in the passage in the early hours. We called security afer about 15 minutes they arrived that just observed like watching a Muay Thai fight.
Our only saving grace was that we were only going to stay for 5 nights and our next stop was Club Med. Don't miss the Bamboo kitchen in Karon what a great restaurant we went for dinner 3 times in 5 days. lesson learnt.....check and double check !!! Oh by the way Supaporn at Centara Karon resort said that this kind of mistake happens quite frequently with travel agents and guests. It seems strange and sneaky that they can't make the booking system clear for us mere mortals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Karon Town, with an abundance of eateries and entertainment options at its doorstep and Karon Beach a short stroll away, the resort is perfectly located to experience the many facets of Phuket. As a destination in its own right, Centara Karon Resort Phuket fulfils every holiday aspiration, from pure bliss at Spa Cenvaree to active holidays and family fun with activities galore, yoga sessions, three swimming pools, waterslides and a kids’ club. This four-star resort, laid out within beautiful gardens backed by green hills, is comprised of four very distinctive residential zones. Couples and small families will find the rooms and Honeymoon Suites at the Terraces a comfortable retreat, and enjoy the option of ocean view or a private outdoor Jacuzzi; while families and groups of friends are spoilt for choice with spacious guestrooms set moments away from the waterslide and games of the Lagoon pool. The generously-sized one- and two-bedroom Cabanas feature a private terrace with a plunge Jacuzzi. As a fun place for families, the resort has a kids’ club with daily activities and three expansive swimming pool areas complete with three children’s pools for the younger ones to splash in, two waterslides and pool games. Pool parties are held regularly, and other activities include tennis and football. The resort also has two restaurants, a sports bar, and three swim-up pool bars A scheduled shuttle service takes guests from the resort to Patong, and Phuket International Airport is reached in less than one hour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Karon Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Karon Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Karon Hotel Phuket
- Centara Hotel Karon