“Pleasantly surprised!”
Review of Amazing Bike Tours

Amazing Bike Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Mountain Bike and Road Bike Tours in the Kingdom of Thailand. From half day family rides in Phuket to ten day Epic road bike tours across the country. Multi day mountain bike tours include a variety of activities such as kayaking, Hiking and wildlife spotting trips. Many guests on the multi day bike tours joke it is really a food tour of Thailand with cycling in between all the great cuisine.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Earlier this week I went on a half-day ride through the Phuket countryside with my teenage son. We booked the bike trip the day beforehand when it became apparent that we weren't going to find space on a Phi Phi island snorkeling trip. How lucky for us! From the nice Trek mountain bikes, to the mildly challenging course through rubber plantations and pineapple groves, to the friendly and knowledgeable guide, to the entertaining company of our fellow riders, it was a very pleasant way to see a different side of Phuket. We especially enjoyed our visit to the gibbon rehabilitation center. The bike tour was a highlight of our trip to Phuket.

2  Thank GlobalGrays

Reviewed 7 February 2012

We went with our 3 teenagers and had a great day on the Kon Yao Noi ride. James and Ninop were nice guys and looked after everything. We arent riders and the ride was quite managable with one hill that was a challenge but the rest of the day was pretty flat roads at a not rushed pace.

2  Thank BeamMeUp_Melb
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We had a wonderful time cycling around "Little Long Island" and had probably the best Thai lunch on the Island that we had the whole holiday.

Thanks James, you have inspired us to do more cycling in the future

2  Thank Michelle A
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Compared with the usual beach stuff, the experience is unusually great. We in a group of 12 cycled half a day and had a lot of fun on the way, country road, beautiful dock, interesting turtle hatchery, lunch at a small restaurant in the middle of nowhere but serving the best food I have had in Phuket , Chinese temple in the jungle, refreshing shower in the waterfall... Defintely saw another side of Phuket, which is rarely known by most of the touirsts. The staff was very friendly , safety-conscious and professional. Unusually amazing experience!!!

3  Thank seven1207
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I booked the full day Turtles and Waterfalls for my husbands Christmas present as he socially races mountain bikes in OZ and thought he would enjoy the day out. I had agonized whether to book this trip of the Ko Yai island trip, but James suggested this trip as we were staying at Mao Khai and the start point was very near out hotel. The advise was spot on as I didn’t want to spend ages in a van getting to the start.

The tour was very well organized and the bikes well maintained. James made the day fun and made sure that he spoke to all in the group. There is always one staff member at the front of the group and one at the back. You can go as slow as you want (or need to go) and stop as you desire to take photos.

Lunch spot was great and food was very good and lots of variety. Whilst there were hard parts the ride was definitely ‘do-able’ for those with average fitness. The end point of several down hill kilometers ending at the waterfall was perfect.

It was great to ride through the rubber plantations and the backroads away from the tourist areas.

I liked the fact that James and his staff rode the same bikes as us and didn’t turn up on “flash jobs”.

As I booked directly I did find paying via Paypal a little annoying – but I understand the need for money up front.

Thanks for a great day out.

1  Thank Lou_and_Paul