Review Highlights
The best day out

We had the best tour guide, Nina! Funny and looked after us. They took us to all the places. Highly... read more

Reviewed 20 January 2020
garsket
via mobile
James Bond island

Booked this tour through an agent, no problem with transport, only one other family picked up. Our... read more

Reviewed 15 January 2020
MossyCardiff
Cardiff, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Phuket
from US$16.42
from US$30.80
from US$35.53
from US$143.20
More Info
All reviews james bond island viking cave fruit tour starts cold drinks take photos boat trip marina nina van
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

We booked with Phuket Tours and went with Crystal Sea Marine.
What can I say?? It was fantastic from start to finish, our guide was informative, very funny and Knew everything, we needed to know. Weather was slightly hit and miss but our guides kept us informed every step of the way. It may have rained and one of my boys rode up the front in the rain but the whole day was brilliant, absolutely loved it. The speedboat was an experience we won't ever forget, just great!

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed 20 August 2016

We felt we got a good price for this- 2000 baht per adult and 1500 for child. It was a full day with essentially five experiences.
It was noisy in the marina but this was due to other tourists not listening and keeping talking when asked to listen. It felt safe and they stressed the fact that they knew who we were, what boat we were on ( ther took a picture of us and did not try to sell it to us!) and that this information would be available to the authorities/ hospital should anything happen. I found that reassuring.
First we stopped at Hong Island when we were canoed around. Yes it was busy but it was good fun and our paddler had a great sense of humour and pointed out stalactite shapes to us; he also let my husband paddle us around too.
On to the Muslim floating village for lunch and an hour to wander around. Lunch was a simple Thai buffet to suit everyone's tastes and we had time to go into the back streets and walk around the mosque. Yes, lots of tourist tat to buy...just avoid if you don't want it and no one was pushy with selling.
On to James Bond Isaland. Again, yes it was busy but we got some great photos with only us in the frame so you can find your moment. It is stunning and we felt excited to be there.
On to a tiny island where we donned head torches and our guide led us through a cave tunnel to a central piece of land with mangrove trees- stunning.
Finally to the island where we would spend 90 minutes sunbathing and swimming. Our guide had timed it so that we were the only tour party left on the beach... We watched four boats leave. The sun was not really on the beach by that point but we had a swim and a walk and sat on our towels.
Overall, there were plenty of soft drinks provided during the day along with an offering of fresh pineapple in the morning and watermelon in the afternoon. The crew, captain and guide were all smiling, helpful and good fun. The journey back into Phuket marina at low tide was astonishing as they can only follow a narrow winding canal route or the boat gets beached - fascinating!
The speedboat was well maintained and going by this method, we were able to see everything in one day.
Highly recommend - we had a very special day out.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed 3 August 2016

We did this speedboat tour spontaneously when we got to Phuket, I was a little worried about what it would be like, but we had the best time. We were picked up on time, we road in the speedboat to an kayaking area which was beautiful, we visited James Bond island and had lunch on the floating town. We then went to another island and have coconut and pineapple drinks. Everything went smoothly (except the bumpy ride) and we enjoyed ourselves.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

I had mixed feelings after seeing all the reviews on trip advisor but I have them the benefit of the doubt and went with crystal sea marine after reading reviews that said it was fantastic. A day trip to Phi Phi was at the top of my list of things to do in Thailand and I wanted to research the different companies to try and find one that was excellent. Well, was I disappointed.

After spending more than an hour waiting miserably at the pier, instructions were shouted to boat groups at the same time making it very difficult to hear what was required of us. We were ushered out to the boat where they take your shoes (put them in your bag as your shoes get thrown in a large bucket and stay at the dock and when you stop at the islands you're expected to walk bare foot to the restaurant, through the toilets and over rocks. Maya bay national park is also full of stones and rough ground making it difficult to walk around and explore comfortably.

The brochure states that you visit all these beautiful places, but really you just drive past them with the boat, which I forgot to mention was extremely overcrowded. Everyone was filed in like sardines with each person so close you had to sit shoulder to shoulder with the other sweaty and agitated guests. The boat ride was rough and a lot of people felt unwell including myself and I am quite familiar with boats and the ocean.

The snorkelling stop is beautiful but it's a great example of damaged reef and is a rushed experience. The fish are only there because staff throw food off of the boat. My friend and I were bitten multiple times by the fish. We spent less than 20 minutes in the water before the boat had to leave.

Lunch was basic. Don't expect a full buffet.

Maya bay, the beach made famous by Leonardo dicaprios film the beach was absolutely stunning. Too bad we were only allotted 30 minutes and the place was full of boats and hundreds of tourists. We were then rushed off to khai island which is overrated and basically there to rip tourists off. There's no shade and you have to pay for chairs and umbrellas. We were given more than 90 minutes at this beach and were pestered continuously by people wanting to sell us cocktails, jet ski rides and ice creams. So many boats were lined up you couldn't see the water and there's that many tourists lounging around that you may as well be at Bondi beach.

I didn't learn anything interesting about the islands. There was no informative discussions from the staff, I felt like a cow on a cattle truck for most of the day and then staff expect you to tip.

The monkey men who anchor the boats and climb the sides were incredible at their jobs. But if you want a fun, calm, tropical experience I would not recommend this company. If you want to be squished up next to sweaty strangers, be rushed around and not get to enjoy the popular sites with decent time and space then do it.

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed 24 June 2016

I had booked for my family to travel to phi phi island through JC tours an agent and the tour was conducted by crystal sea marine speed boat on 21st June.

The weather was very bad and still they operated the boat. we travelled in a boat with 25 others. The guide didn't allow any one to sit in front due to weather which meant back of the boat was crowded.

After 40 mins of bumpy ride where at least 3 people were sea sick we reached the monkey beach was underwater and we couldn't get off the boat. Next stop was snorkelling near the monkey beach where the coral was very small and adding to it started to rain so couldn't see much. The boat roof was covered with canvas that was not water proof so once it started to rain it was raining inside the boat and we had to sit with an umbrella. ( luckily we had carried few with us)

The third stop was for lunch . no complaints .

fourth stop was viking cave , which we can only see from a distance and no one is allowed to go in.

fifth stop was Maya bay the highlight of the trip where we get 50 mins to stay in a crowded beach . We were lucky the weather was little better so the boat managed to go in side the bay ,otherwise this location is also out of bound.

last stop is Khai island which is just a remnant of damaged coral reef and if you are interested in seeing how much damage man can make to nature we can visit this island.

on the whole do a Phi- phi island trip is not worth it especially during the monsoon months. and do it only if have you nothing better to do with your money and time.

Date of experience: June 2016