“MARMITEVILLE - You will either like, it or hate it......but try it before you make your mind up..!”

Pierre & Vacances Village Fuerteventura Origo Mare
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lajares
Reviewed 5 December 2017

We just returned late Saturday 2nd December 2017 into Stansted after spending a fortnight here in a villa, with a hire car.

I've read all the reviews for the past few months whilst we were there, and that is why I have called this place 'Marmiteville' as it seems so many different things to so many different people.

Ok, that said, here's OUR honest view based upon our first-ever stay here:

Position on the Island - Remote, yet self-contained. It's a 15/20 min easy drive into Corralejo town. The village resort is situated in the middle of no-where, alongside a 'surfers paradise' beach but forget walking outside of the village boundaries as it's at least 3 MILES to the nearest huddle of local residents houses, and another 2 miles to the nearest small local village. But, THATS THE POINT OF THIS PLACE people......

Get away from it all, really, just bugger off into the desrt wilderness and enjoy the nature, the surrounding land visually, the surf beach, go for a walk, climb a nearby volcano, get away from trains, offices, stress, wet and cold weather, etc....in other words appreciate what it was built here for. BTW, weather, in the past 14 days we've had 12 days in 25 to 28 deg wall-to-wall sunshine every day and two that were around 20 deg. At the same time my home town was 2 deg or less.......

Resort Itself - The resort is self-contained; all you might need for a week or two weeks stay is right in-front of you, if you look for it. Small shop filled with 'essentials', restaurants for the self-caterers who don't wish to cook, cafes same, Gym, nicely laid out, all equipment in good workking order and no extra charge, Games Room with full sized Table Tennis equipment set-up, separate room with pay-for games in them like Air Hockey, Motorcycle Racing, etc and more. All of these places nicely decorated yet EMPTY every time I went over to them during the day...!

Reception and Main Area - Reception staff are excellent, great welcoming attitude and could not do enough for us to make stay any better. Mind you, I had close evidence of what they had to put up with from some stayers on a daily basis and it made me cringe....as Isaid, they could not have been better (Paulina and Davina, I'm speaking about you two - first-class job, well done..!)

The reception runs into the Adult Pool area - nice place to sit, nearby bar and pleasant surroundings and then into the Main dining Hall for the All-Inclusive stayers (we were self-catering) and I took a walk through there on a couple of meal times and the assosrtment of food was huge, it looked to my eyes very edible and i would have quite happy to grab a fork and knife and sit down with some grub. There were options of having food cooked for you, plenty of choice across a number of genres; Salads, Pasta's, Cold Meta, fresh Cooked Meats ans so on, with staff on-hand to help and more importantly replenish accordingly. All-in-all, I was impressed.

Crater Park - aka 'the Kids Area'..! Situated adjacent to the recetion and away from the quiter adult area is the kids plaground and what an area, water slides, wave pool, enterainment crew, kids bar area, infact everthing you could want to spent a day with your kids on holiday, and every time I saw the place it was pretty full of smiling faces..!

Our Villa - #309 was superb, not like any other we have stayed in, in the Canaries (wev'e been to Lanzarote, Tenerife and Furteventura exclusively once or twice for the past nearly twenty years and this is the best damn villa I have EVER stayed in; trust me I would move out to here and live in it for the rest of my days, it's THAT good. When it's better than my home, it's good......

It's European constructed with dry-walling, none of this traditional block and cement screed covering anywhere; kitchen fitted with Dish Washer (!) Washing Machine (!) perfect cutlery, and clean??? The place is SPOTLESS overall, the maid's come in every day, the upstairs bathroom is a showering Wet-Room (!) downstarirs is a 'normal bathroom/toilet, spotless again. There is a safe (pay extra for, didn't think that should be the case, it should be in the price) but it was fine.

The Maids did a great job we thought and we had regular bedding changes and that sort of thing; it all seemed so automatic that we didn't have to worry about anything. Nice that.

The Village Area - It's a purpose-built village, with the Reception at it's hub and the villa's stretching out around it in identical circular road's, each another layer of road on the first one and stretching our quite some way - this place is BIG make no mistake.

But, that means that they cannot have every villa fully occupied all-year round; we have been there in late November/early December and they wern't all occupied, but I bet that changes dramatically in June, July and August..!

The thing is that eavery vallas has an external anti-burgrary system and that is steel shutters that come down over all the windows and as they are painted black, against the pretty terracotta colour finish to the villa's, they stick-out like a sore thumb and when closed and all the villa's in a row it looks like an urban abandoned estate, boarded up - sorry, but it does. Yet, these steel shutters are YOUR safeguard against having a 'visit' from some unscrupilous fellows intent on getting in; when they are down, I could not move them upward from the outside if I tried, and I did on more than one occaision.

So, whilst we were they most of the stayers were situated in the rows nearest the Reception Area, and why not?

BTW; we had our 'own' gardener who visited over a few days and looked after the frontage and the side garden and did a great job I thought.

So, there you have it; would we visit again..? Resounding 'Yes' we would.
Did we enjoy our fortnight? Yes, we did.
Was it worth what we paid for it? Yes, it was.
Was it what we expected from the pre-holiday 'blurb'? No, it was much BETTER.

We have just had the most relaxing holiday in years...well done Origo Mare we say..!

Room Tip: Ring the Resort before you book it, they are very helpful...........
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank bryanandsandy
Origomare, Director General at Pierre & Vacances Village Fuerteventura Origo Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear Bryan,

While reading your comment, my pride was increasing every line.

All the members of our staff work really hard to offer a service of quality, and your descritpion of your stay has made all the efforts worth.

We will be more than happy to welcome you again, for another wonderful vacation, and hopefully we will get the 5-star rating? :)

Thank you Bryan, hope to see you soon.

Jesús Vázquez
Front Desk Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,697)

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed here in Nov 2017, very nice place, clean and very pleasant. The village is isolated so if you want some action a car would be needed. We were just there to relax and had half board, the food was well cooked, hot and well presented, dishes for everyone. As it was off season the place was not too busy, which was good for us. The staff were very helpful. The cocktails were a bit like they came out a bottle rather than made beer was good! I would recommend this place to chill and relax take half board as the small supermarket can be expensive.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Origomare, Director General at Pierre & Vacances Village Fuerteventura Origo Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear Helen,

Thank you very much for your comment. We love when clients go home with such a good perception and memory of their stay with us.

We will be more than pleased to welcome you again!

Regards

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Visited this complex today with a view to staying on our next trip to Fuerteventura.
Some parts are like a ghost town. Roads have been barricaded to prevent access to derelict buildings. Pavements are not fit for purpose and the whole place looks as if it will shut down without warning (which could happen pending the legal action in place which I discovered after googling)
It’s in the middle of nowhere and I couldn’t see any point in wanting to stay there.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Geordie,

We appreciate all comments, though it is always recommendable to saty at least one night to have a real vision about our service.

The areas shut do not belong to the hotel, but the ones we are responsible of, are well taken care of.

There are a lot of points to want to stay with us, we are sorry you could not see them.

Regards

Reviewed 30 November 2017

myself my husband and three children age 2,6,7 stayed for a week.

NEGATIVES;
our 2 bed villa was at least a mile walk to the main reception and restaurants and entertainment area. that was a really hard job when you have to walk it a few times a day with three small children

Our villa was not cleaned for 3 days on the 3rd i had to call reception to ak how often they get cleaned and they advised me each day.that wasn't the case for us even though i put the GREEN can u clean my room please (on my front door)

The brother and sister from Argentina that works in the mavricks bar in the evenings, HE is one of the most rude moody unprofessional person i have come across.
myself and my family on 2 separate occasions was treated disrespectful. his attitude towards my self and a few ALL INCLUSIVE guests was disgusting.i asked for a drink he made it then handed me a bill when i was Waring my green band when i showed him the band he threw the drink down the sink!! that was the first occasion.. on the second we walked in the bar at 11.50pm ask for drinks that he made again then he handed me a bill again. i said i am all inclusive, he said the all inclusive has stopped and we are closing in 15mins. so we had to pay for our drinks!!

5 families got broken into while we was there and their safes was taken out of the room. for this reason we carried our passports and money with us at all times. the one day we thought we lost them and went to reception for help and advice and they was useless.

POSITIVES

The resort is very family orientated, The animation team was outstanding especially ANITA and Angelina.

The all inclusive food and drinks was ok for the money but i would go self catering next time as we ate out a few times. we had a stake in the mavericks bar the first night and it was outstanding.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank myles_12
Origomare, Director General at Pierre & Vacances Village Fuerteventura Origo Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your opinion after your recent stay at Origo Mare.
We are sorry to read that we could not meet your expectations regarding some aspects of your stay.
Fuerteventura is a very safe destination with a low deliquency rate. Unfortunately robberies can occur, as in every hotel around the world. However all the necessary measures have been taken with the concerned guests.
We usually receive many compliments on our staff kindness and professionalism but regarding your comments we will check the respect of the protocols with the concerned departments.
Again, we would like to apologize that we could not meet all you expectations and we hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.
Sunny regards.

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

We have just returned for a brilliant week staying here. Yes, the place is very remote (it does look like the surface of the moon) but hiring a car is very easy and the roads are easy to drive on, very quiet. Google maps was very helpful! We believed the water park was going to be closed while we were there but were delighted to find it open. It is a fantastic place for kids to play and easy for parent to relax as there is a shallow area for wee kids and plenty of life guards on duty.
We were in Oasis 7 which is one of the furthest out areas, we were on the second last row but it was only a 6-7 min leisurely walk to the centre if you followed the road. You could also easily cut through the middle and it would only take you 5 mins. Our pool was closed but directly opposite was Oasis 3s pool which was open. The water was freezing but you did get used to it.
We were bed and breakfast and found the food available at breakfast to be great. There was a huge selection and we were never disappointed.
Some of the pavements are broken but they are in no way difficult to walk on. It was very quiet while we were there but the unused villas weren’t boarded up they just had their shutters down. Our villa was spotlessly clean and had everything you could need for self catering. The only down side is that you don’t have much privacy from your neighbours.
I didn’t get any feeling that the resort was run down at all and the village centre is just lovely!
The shop is small but is just there as a convenience shop as there is a very good supermarket an easy 10 min drive away.
I would imagine that is would be a very different experience during peak times and during school holidays but that goes for all resorts.
I would definitely return.
Oh and the weather was between 24-28 degrees.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank saraisleofiona
Origomare, Director General at Pierre & Vacances Village Fuerteventura Origo Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Dear Sara,

Thank you so much for your detailed review about your stay at Origo Mare.
We are very happy to read that you had a great stay with us and that you could enjoy all the hotel facilities. Thanks a lot for your kind words. Your satisfaction is the best reward we can obtain. We would be more than pleased to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards from all the Origo Mare Team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lajares
72.2 km away
38.8 km away
Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive
Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive
#28 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen

Been to Pierre & Vacances Village Fuerteventura Origo Mare? Share your experiences!