“Grotto trip”

Taruga Benagil Tours
Ranked #1 of 7 Tours in Lagoa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Boat trip para visitar todas as 20 Grutas de Benagil. Saídas apartir da Praia de Benagil durante todo o ano.
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Supplied with waterproof jackets an life jackets before we set off, loved the high speed boat trip prior to meandering around the caves and grottoes which are a “must see” if you are in the Algarve , then high speed back to Lagos, loved it, didn’t get chance for a dip in the sea but took loads of fabulous pics

Write a ReviewReviews (1,032)
All reviews
"james bond"
in 4 reviews
"small boat"
in 10 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 5 reviews
"boat trip to see"
"life jackets"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

We had loads of fun on this boat ride. We took a private tour for 3 people. Our guide was Santos and he was awesome. He took us to amazing caves, told us the history of the place, he made it super fun. I totally recommend the experience. Hope you get Santos!!

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

After I was in a cave trip booked from Lagos I was very dissapointed. So I tried again with a tour from Benagil. It was amazing! Santos, our guy, was very funny and helpfull and nice with us. He told us a lot of stories abut the caves and everything was perfect! Please ask about him whem you book. I trully recomand this tour of 1:15 h. It's more than perfect! Thank you for a great day!

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We choose the 30 minutes express tour from Benagil beach and the route was amazing, we visited up to 8 caves with time enough to take pictures at all of them. Also we visited the famous Benagil cave which is the biggest and famous cave in the zone.
The price was 15€/adult and 10€/children

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed the tour! Visited numerous caves including the infamous Benagil cave. I would recommend the “Traditional visit” 1hr 15mins, to really get a good insight into all the nearby caves as there are loads! By all means go for longer if you wish, but I wouldn’t recommend going for any less time than the 1hr 15mins visit.

If you are worried about taking cameras, my girlfriend and I were fine with DSLR’s and phones. Just use a bit of common sense - don’t hang out of the boat too much when moving to prevent water splashing on your camera and make sure its secured. If taking photos/video on your phone then hold on tight while boat is moving. We were really pleased with how some of the pics came out. Obviously try sit at the front of the boat if possible so you don’t get peoples heads in.

Also might be worth phoning ahead to book over the phone in case its busy!