All reviews pub food shannon river boutique hotel generous portions mash lovely decor longford town half way bite to eat hake seafood chowder steak great meal black pudding lovely walk for sunday lunch top class
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

A group of us dined here on Sunday evening. Very pleasant staff and a very varied menu. All our dishes were delivered on time and we’re gorgeous. The seafood crepe is particularly good. Lovely deserts ended a great meal. We’ll definitely return to this busy and well run restaurant

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 January 2018

I'd heard so much about this place, I was really looking forward to a nice meal. As my title reads, it was all a bit "meh". We had pre-booked a table, so we were seated promptly - menus & drinks arrived in a timely fashion. It was all a bit downhill from that. I ordered steak, to my taste - unfortunately whoever cooked it had a different idea to what 'medium rare' should look like - it was on the well done side of things.
My mothers potato portion was cold - that was corrected quickly, with a new side portion arriving quickly & piping hot. Food portions were a good size.
Unfortunately, either staff aren't trained adequately for busy times, or there isn't enough staff. As the place filled up, they became distracted and weren't attentive. A couple sitting next to us were waiting with their coats on, payment in hand ready to leave - we got out ahead of them, having waited on the bill & paid cash.
Fine for a bite to eat...but no great shakes!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank CrankieMacker
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed two nights here on separate occasions. The first night I arrived very late, so we made key arrangements and everything went smoothly. The room was cosy, clean, and the bed was incredibly comfortable. The second night I was in time to make dinner, the steak was cooked perfectly, and the service was brilliant. Really nice little atmosphere in there I'd definetly recommend and would quite happily stay again. Thank you

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Sageyboy1
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

This place has a great reputation for a reason. Great homemade Irish heartwarming food, great bar and always a lively friendly atmosphere in this place while still maintaining its cosy country charm. Have eaten here many times and have never had a bad meal, I try to stop in whenever I’m in the area.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 December 2017

Having left Gorey early, the sight of Keenans of Tarmonbarry was so refreshing.I had the seafood chowder which was delicious and my husband had a top class steak. The Christmas décor was beautiful along with the pop up Christmas shop with owls and animals. Staff very friendly and welcoming.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple