US$257
US$234
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$320/night.

JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
US$181
JW Marriott
  • Pool
SALA Phuket Resort and Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$72
HolidayInn.com
US$281
US$195
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$127
Hotels.com
Phuket Airport Overnight Hotel(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
US$23
US$17
Agoda.com
1,363 results
All reviewswater parksplash junglesunset breezethe penthousethe club loungefree entrydeluxe family residencered mangoclose to the airportsunset restaurantluxury bedroombuggy drivershotel guestsitalian restaurantfamily holidayspecial thankskids club
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We transfered here from Patong beach (Holiday Inn) and were very disapointed. Whilst I had read the reviews before I left we thought we would give it a go. We were travelling with our son and daughter inlaw and 3 children and this place unfortunatley is not set up for kids. Apart from the water playground there is nothing for them to do and no shade anywhere including around the pool and within the water playground. The rooms were very nice but very sterile, needed some colour or decorations around, the bedroom window in the childrens room would not close and as we were on the ground floor that was an issue. The kitchen was still closed so eating was a problem as the only other restaurant up the road was too far for the kids to walk. The airport run way was closed than either the restaurant or the pool.

Whilst the Manager tried to be very accomodating to our issues they really need to re rate this to a 3 star and lower the price until they can bring it up to scratch. We ended up checking out and heading back to Patong where we had a much better stay. Very Disapointing.

Room Tip: As far from the runway as possible
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Denise R
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I have to disagree this is a lovely, relaxing, happy, helpful resort to stay at. If you treat people with respect & realise you are in their country & understand that of course they are not expected to speak your native tongue - you will find the people here are so helpful & friendly. The greeting we had by the Manager on reception was wonderful. Even when we went back later & had to speak to another member of staff, they went out of their way to try to understand what are needs were & meet them. Reception were quick to get the little free buggy that goes back & forth to the beach if you didn't want to walk. Or you could call them up from your room to pick you up. We personally liked the 10 minute walk at the most to the beach, to stretch our legs. The photo does not do the pool justice. It was superb, especially overlooking the sea which just made you feel so relaxed in the gorgeous hot weather. Even though some days were cloudy, you cannot blame the resort for that! Staff were a bit slow to ask if you wanted drinks around the pool, which I like as I hate it when they keep bothering you. We just called them over as & when we wanted one. Or walked to the restaurant & they bought it over to you. The beach was lovely & quiet. Swimming in the sea was spectacular as you looked back at shore & it was like paradise looking down the white sandy beach with the coconut trees. How relaxing! Paradise springs to mind. The only down fall was their was one restaurant open when we stayed but the food was wonderful. Having different theme nights or a choice from the a la carte menu. I have stayed in many a 5 star hotels & this is really good all except the fact it is next to the airport. Which is down to you when you book if you have done your research like myself. I took a pair of ear plugs & didn't hear the aircrafts once while sleeping. I felt fully re-charged after my first week in Phuket Island. We stayed at 3 different hotels while on Phuket Island & this was my most relaxing & quiet hotel of the lot of them. So glad I picked this as my first weeks stay to re-charge my batteries before moving onto the middle & bottom of the Island for the other 2 weeks. I will say that the majority of things to do are further down the island but if you don't mind travelling you wouldn't have come to Phuket in the first place. I would just like to say I am fed up with people moaning about their holidays instead of saying positive things about where you stay. Get a life 'moaners'.

There are lots of things to do on the Island. We did the Phang Nga (James Bond Island) by speed boat which was great as you got their quickly & saw other things too that you wouldn't necessary see by going on the ferry. We were taken to a lovely restaurant on a small Island where you visit a school & market as well. This tour was wonderful.

We also did the Phi Phi islands by ferry boat. It took about 2 hours but had comfortable seats & free drinks on board. We were then transported to Phi Phi Don by small boat to snorkel & have a lovely Thai buffet. Free time to swim, relax & snorkel. Another wonderful relaxing day.

Our party also did 2 dive trips & being a non diver I went along as well. The boat was with 'Sea-Breeze' & really comfortable especially for a non diver. I just did snorkelling! Lovely food, nice toilets which is a plus in a foreign country & friendly staff.

We did the 'Fantasea' show in the evening which is a must. Extremely well organised when you are their. Eat as much as you like buffet which I normally find are ok in places like this, but it was really scrummy with so much choice to choose from. I can be fussy but enjoyed tasting new things which were lovely. The show itself was really colourful, lovely & the animals were fantastic. It was so good & then the organising to get back to your hotel was brilliant.

If you do choose to go on any tours like we did - 1/2 day sightseeing tour of the island. Please choose 'Tour East' as they are the best tours ever. We had a lovely lady called 'Yoh' who was brilliant. She had such a great sense of humour & understood english fantastic. She also gave us a lot of tips like don't eat at the hotels & find the local restaurant which are like £1 or £2for Main meals. We felt the hotel restaurants obviously are more expensive than local restaurants, but still extremely cheap compared to England.

I could go on & on about all the things we did, like shopping at Central, Tesco Lotus, Premium Outlets shopping, elephant trekking but will leave it down to you what you like to do on a holiday. I will say that the elephant trekking is a great experience as well. All in all we had a fantastic holiday & can't wait to return to Phuket & of course stay back at Centara Grand West Sands Resort & Villas Phuket. Thank you to all the Staff

Room Tip: We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment which sleeps 6. Our party was 4 so it meant in the morning early risers could use the living room instead of having people sleeping in the sofa bed. Spacious with ample storage for everything. Large wardrobes & nice modern kitchen. Huge balcony with airers for drying your clothes. All in all lovely accomodation for a nice comfort stay.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ladywells
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We went to this hotel from 21-25/1. We were very happy. We played in the water park every day. We played on the slide, waves pool,lazy river and hot spring. The food was delicious but it was served slowly. The Spa was ok, but the therapist was coughing all the time. Inside the room, there are full set of Kitchen tools and a washing machine. The balcony is also very big. There is a big stand for you to hang all the wet clothes. we asked for a sea view room on the 7th floor, in front of us is the sea, but on the left, it is the run way of the airport. it was a little bit noisy. We could hear planes at night. overall , it is not serious.
We just went for the water park, so it is okay for us. otherwise, choose another hotel.
Centara Grand Beach Resort we went last time was much better.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2012

If we had known that the Airport is only 100 mtrs away from the hotel we could have saved the transfer cost and just walked over to the building site of a resort. Arriving at a tropical resort in Phuket you would expect some sort of a welcoming experience but instead you arrive via a single back lane at a Reception that clearly was previously used as Sales gallery for the property. I presume since the residential sales failed the Owners (Sir Terry Leahy) decided to turn it into a hotel. Well Sir Terry a hotel resort ain't a Tesco....

Curiously the Resort entrance Security Guard House isn't at the Entrance to the resort but on the Dive way in from of the 'Sales Gallery'. When we asked what this was all about we were told that have the Roundabout belongs to the Village and since the relationship isn't very good that didn't allow the Hotel to put up the Guardhouse at the Entrance!?

The Splash Jungle Waterpark is also a bit of a misnomer. It should be called the Concrete Jungle Waterpark. The only shade you get is from the Umbrellas, the few spindly palm trees do little for shade. The park is ok for about half a day, by then you have done everything several times.

Restaurant wise as per all the previous posts - an embarrassment for a resort. We went one evening up the beach to the new Holiday Inn Resort that just opened - what a difference. My bad for being so daft and book Centara.

The staff are friendly and nice, lots of smiles and Sawadee this and Sawadee that but that's about it. They either don't understand you or just haven't got a clue, most likely a combination of both.

Considering the abundant hotel choices in Phuket there are far better options available all-round and this place is definitely not one of them.

Room Tip: Forget about choosing a good room - pick a different Hotel
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Anuwat R
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Second time here. The resort is really new. And you see it: positive and negative sides included. Rooms are just fantastic! The service is not amazing as you would expect. They are new! They are learning. The oval swimming pool, next to the beach, is absolutely a dream. The best place to relax and suntan. The restaurant is expensive for Thai standards, however there is another restaurant 5 mins walking from there. Cinnamon restaurant: Thai and international food, western standards/quality and really interesting prices. Forget the resort's restaurant and go there!
Overall: great experience. I will go there again for sure!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends