JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
US$156
JW Marriott
  • Pool
US$429
US$390
Mai Khao Beach Bungalows(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
US$25
Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$353
US$278
Sawadee.com
US$438
US$228
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$686
US$351
Cancelon
1,367 results
All reviewswater parksplash junglesunset breezethe club loungethe penthousefree entrydeluxe family residencered mangoclose to the airportsunset restaurantluxury bedroombuggy drivershotel guestsitalian restaurantfamily holidayspecial thankskids club
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We booked 2 unit of penthouse pool 3 bedrooms for a 3 nights stay at this hotel in early Aug. We email confirmed the hotel once week before the trip that we would have late check-in at night. Unfortunately, the hotel reserved 1 unit of room only for us when we arrived. We waited for another unit of room for a long time but it seemed that they have no other available room and then gave us a terrible and poor quality room...almost everthing inside the room is broken .............. broken windows in dining room (we have young kids--very dangerous), broken doors, broken wardrobe, broken kicthen cabinet, dirty floor, TV and wifi could not function etc. We requested the change of room immediately but they said no spare room and could not help at that night. We finally got another room after we complained seriously the next day. We requested the refund of the first night for the poor quality of room but they said they would feedback to their manager and let us know then but finally we got no response of their manager when we checked out 3 days later. Sooooooooo poor service and not a 5 star hotel!!!

1  Thank Mrs_LauC9
Andreas K, General Manager at Grand West Sands Resort & Villas Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Dear Ms. Lau

Warm greetings from Phuket and thank you very much for your post. I am a bit surprised to hear that one of our Penthouses you stayed in, did appear like described in your comment. I inspect most of them at least once week on their condition and cleanliness and none of them fits your description. As for management response, I am afraid I was on Holiday myself, however back on property and contact me anytime on gmcgwp@chr.co.th and I am very happy to discuss your feedback further. I am truly sorry that we did not live up to your expectations on your recent stay and I am looking forward hearing from you.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

I visited hotel with family in early Aug,2012. I seemed to have a nightmare through my whole stay.The pool wasn't clean , the furniture was a little too old and some were broken,waiting almost 1 hour for check-in,food is so so. It's not worth to pay almost 300 usd for this hotel.Try some other hotel!

13  Thank Kluea

Dear Sir or Madam

Thank you very much for your feedback, however I am afraid due to the very short comment I am not really able to look into the matter or find points for us to improve. We are always glad to listen to our guests and are more than willing to learn and develop in the future with your help. I am deeply sorry your recent stay with us did not meet your satisfaction and please accept my apologize.

With Kind Regards from Phuket

Reviewed 6 August 2012

We spent 3 nights here. As a regular Centara customer, we found that this hotel is way down below the standard of Centara Group. Have to wait for 3 hours for us to get the room which was not clean. Shower was clogged. Buffet dinner for 599.- baht was very poor quality, hair in food from the newly brought in item (so it must be from someone in the kitchen). We only ate some fruit and opted for a 1/2 mile walk to a small restuarant outside the hotel. Breakfast was even poorer, it was like mass produced for prisoners, bacon was burned together in a lump. For the outdoor tables, cats were allow to walk on guests tables and drinking milk from cereal bowl while they went to get other thing in the buffet line. The hotel is too big and guests has to be transported between their rooms to the restuarant by golf buggies. True that they had acquired additional carts but when we are waiting for the cart to the restuarant in front of the reception desk, we asked the staff and found out that there are only 2 drivers for the whole resort. The hotel is very much understaffed, they need to fix this problem quickly. I'd read other reviews from TripAdvisor on this hotel and was expecting the the problems from others had been fixed but they still exist. Apart from the water park, this hotel is comparable to other 2-stars hotels in Phuket. It will be a while for us to use Centara again.
My advise to others who will be at this hotel, rent a car from the airport since the hotel is very far from anything and it will be way cheaper than taxi. Also cook your own meal, since there is a kitchen in the room already, buy raw meterials for cooking at Tesco supermarket or 7-11 near the airport before coming to the hotel.

9  Thank Travelwfam
Andreas K, General Manager at Grand West Sands Resort & Villas Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Dear Sir or Madam

Thank you very much for your comments here on Tripadvisor and I truly regret that we didn't handle things better and I have followed up with my team to ensure such a situation does not recur in the future, especially for the breakfast service. As we are a very vast and open property to keep the natural surroundings intact, we do have the occasional stray cat in the resort which then unfortunately in addition will be fed by our guest, so they will stay around. Indeed for the carts, we did increase the fleet and added last week an 11 Seater, we do have a team of 8 bellman and drivers for the resort which should be sufficient in the peak areas, plus a rented local special bus for the mornings to cover the breakfast times and didn’t had an issue since. Again I do apologize if we were not able to meet your expectations while staying with us, but please be assured that these challenges do not reflect on the overall Centara Brand, which as a regular guest you are for sure aware of.

Again thank you for your feedback and we hope you will stay with us again in the future to prove to you that we able to deliver as we promise.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

I've had several visits to Phuket on both business and leisure occasions, and have been to a number of four-star and five-star hotels in Phuket. Nonethless, every hotel I've been to seems pretty much similar to each other without any vivid impression remaining in my mind EXCEPT one five-star hotel at which I've felt every single dime I spent was tremendously worthwhile.

And that hotel is "Centara Grand West Sands Resort & Villas Phuket".

One thing that I like the most is its location which offers a great deal of privacy and authentic tranquility suitable for those who wish to flee from hectic and haphazard life in the city. I visited there on leisure with a couple of close friends and I felt that the atmosphere really enabled me to be relieved from the stress that I accumulated during the frantic weekdays at work. The moment I stepped out of the van and entered the lobby my friends and I were presented with warm Thai wai and genuine smile from all the staff at reception desk. This sense of hospitality really reinforced the feature of being Thai-operated hotel chain and it is quite rare among other brands.

My feeling was heightened when we were greeted by the General Manager (Andreas). This is one of the few hotels I noticed that the GM came to greet the guests on his own. I am particularly fascinated by how spacious and comfortable the room was. It was impeccably clean and tidy. I felt so relaxed being cushioned and chatting with my friends in the living room. It is fully equipped with a complete array of facilities and amenities including a kitchenette.

My friend kept on saying how large and state-of-the-art the jacuzzi was. She was like spending hours in the bathroom!!!

I am pretty sure that breakfast experience is one of the greatest excitement for many travellers including us. I always look forward to how magnificent the breakfast buffet line is every time I stay at a hotel. The breakfast at Sunset Breeze Restaurant at West Sands was more than I anticipated. It didn't look like breakfast that I used to have at some other hotels. Instead, it was more like a full range of scrumptious food which is usally found at a grand dinner. The food is attractively displayed at distinctly-categorised stations. (The Chinese-style barbecued pork with egg noodles is highly recommended. So yummy!!!!!). I am certain that you will not be disappointed and will rejoice in having breakfast at this restaurant every morning during your stay at West Sands. I am particularly impressed with the service rendered by Miss Dao (the Restaurant Manager). Besides her warm smile and magnificent hospitality, she was capable of describing the gorgeous-looking dishes about which I was curious.

What you cannot miss when staying at West Sands is the Water Park called "Splash Jungle". It is one of the primary reasons why we chose to stay here. And it is the key feature of this hotel. It contains a lot of exciting sliders. A lot of fun and a marvelous opportunity for photography in your lovely Facebook. And I could see that the staff paid considerable attention to safety and security in the water park. They were very attentive.

As I said, we were all impressed with the tranquility here. The moment I lied down comfortably on the deckchair by the beach with a cool zephyr from the sea, I felt that I wanted to remain in that position forever and have my mind drifted in my reverie. Really unforgettable. I will definitely return to Centara Grand West Sands Resort & Spa Phuket!!.Next time I am thinking of bringing my parents with me.

Room Tip: If travelling in a group, you are strongly advised to choose Deluxe Family Suite. Good price and nice atmosphere.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ratchadet S

Dear Khun Ratchadet

Warm Greetings from Phuket and thank you very much for your very nice review and I will gladly share your comments with my Team for further encouragment. It was indeed good to meet you on arrival and I wish I would have the time for all of our guests to do so, this unfortunately is at times not possible as much as I would like to.

Again thank you ever so much for your kind words and we are certainly looking forward to welcome you back soon and yes please, bring your parents.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

Me and my partner bought a 7 day deal to stay at the grand west from an australian scoopon website, it was our first trip to thailand and we thought we were getting a good deal. We found out after that most places in thailand are relativley cheap. We arrived at night and they wern't ready for us, but it didn't take them long to sort it out. The staff were lovely though, so were the rooms, they were large and clean. I loved the bed and had no dramas with anything within the room. We had free wi-fi. The hallways were a little more grubby though. In the morning we saw the hotel grounds, there was a large rubbish pile in a neighbouring house at the entrance of the hotel which was off putting. There were many buildings within the complex but it seemed very empty... like there were only a few others staying. The buffet breakfast was good but the other meals were pricey. I enjoyed the quiet beach and pools though. We walked outside the grounds though and found cheap food, definetly worth a try. The area had beautiful surroundings. We were a short drive from the airport and right next to a water theme park which was fun! My only problem was being so far away from the action of Patong and having to travel there and back, which was tedious. 7 days was way too long to stay here. A day or two at the end of our trip would have been perfect.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacqueline J
Andreas K, General Manager at Grand West Sands Resort & Villas Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Dear Jackie

Warm Greetings from Phuket

Thank you very much for your feedback and I am happy to hear that you did enjoy your stay, had many good experiences and that especially my Team looked well after you. We are currently on the garbage problem with increased pick up schedules for housekeeping and extra trash cans around the resort. The resort for certain still has some way to go for completion as you mentioned and this areas are planned to completed next year. Location wise, you are fully correct, we are not in the middle of the action, so to say and rather on the quite end in Phuket, transport can always be arranged however. Again thank you for your feedback and we are sincerely looking forward to welcome you back soon.