Phuket Airport Overnight Hotel(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$23
SALA Phuket Resort and Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$128
US$255
Marriott
US$258
US$234
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$290/night.

JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
US$181
  • Pool
US$314
US$326
Agoda.com
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$127
Renaissance Hotels
US$87
US$77
Hotels.com
1,364 results
All reviewswater parksplash junglesunset breezethe club loungethe penthousefree entrydeluxe family residencered mangoclose to the airportsunset restaurantluxury bedroombuggy drivershotel guestsitalian restaurantfamily holidayspecial thankskids club
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Amazingly spacious, beautiful 2 bed apartment with fully equipped kitchen & great views.
Neighbouring internal refurbishments round starting @ 7.30am !!! forget a peaceful lie in.
Water supply switched off almost daily.
Air con stopped working one night.
Multiple pool choice - great but questionably clean.
GREAT free kids club - loved it.
Breakfast - a hugely disorganised bun fight with 100's of Chinese - VERY stressful - lots of pushing, shoving & tables not cleaned or ready.
Splash Jungle - great - but swim up pool bar filthy & smelly with lots of algae.
Apartment blocks ignored international fire regulations.
Stairways with dirty dishes sat there for days on end.
Many staff did not speak English - this resort is aimed towards Asian customers (the minority of Westerners spotted complaining in Reception).
Toilets in restaurant area with no hand washing water & no toilet roll every day (with staff also using them) !!!
If you don't mind being on the airport runway - this resort has a lot of potential - but it is not currently run to an acceptable standard for the price charged.
Please also note that some apartments are privately owned & there is nothing the management can do if a private landlord wants to carry out refurbishments above/below you at unacceptable hours.
Different cleaning team visiting your apartment at different times each day - lack of continuity.
Mixed feelings - could be so good - just not sorted yet.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Andreas K, General Manager at Grand West Sands Resort & Villas Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

Dear Moo

Warm Greetings from Phuket

Thank you very much for your review and I am glad to hear that many aspects of your stay met your expectations and that you found our rooms amazing and the Kids Club great. I am truly sorry for the shortcomings. Many of your points mentioned have been addressed by now, e.g. the pool cleaning is outsourced, English training started and others. However one point I beg to differ, all our accommodations and buildings are fitted with modern fire systems in regulation with local and international requirements and we are inspected up to 3 times a year by an independent safety company, based on UK regulations.

Again thank you for your feedback and I sure hope to welcome you again in our Resort in the future, with improved service.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

we stayed 4 night at poo vila 3 bedroom. Something good something .....
1)The villa is big with good design , the pool is big and clean but jacuzzi is very dirty and out of order.
2)The room facility is good but daily maintainance from house keeper is not professional. ( eg wait until 2 pm for clean the room, and look like the don't change any bed sheet or towel before days )
3) The club is very small with limited food and beverage compare with another centara hotel.
4) Lots of people every morning at the breakfast line (especialy chinese people)
breakfast line is empty after 9.30 for every morning for my family ( what's the hell ? )
5) We had complained about breakfast line with on duty manager but no good responsibilty was detect every morning.
6) The hotel is the middle of nowhere, good if you don't want to go any places.
7) The best of the trip is SPLASH JUNGLE ( fun park with many toys ). You can has the direct access from the hotel everyday if you stay in the hotel ( for free )
8) Many Thai tourist complaint the same as me in Thaiand travel webboard name

PANTIP.COM/BLUEPLANET

Thanks god ,they have many people feel the same like me.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear Sir or Madam

Greetings from Phuket and thank you very much for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our Villa, Water Park and you had a good experience. However I am sorry to hear about the remaining points mentioned. As you stayed with us back in May, we since then did improve a lot of areas you are mentioning in your comment. E.g. the Jacuzzi being removed, the Club moved to a better and bigger location (Villa) and we do serve breakfast now in 2 restaurants, rather than one, which then did increase as well our operations for breakfast and the service.

I hope you will stay with us again in the future to give it a try with an improved Resort. Again thanks for your feedback and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

I believe the original purpose of buildings was for "condominium" or "resident"! It is really not for hotel. You really need to re-decorate and make it to be "hotel". This is the WORST Centara room I've ever seen. You better remove "Grand" out from the name!. I went to "Grand" at Pattaya, to the "Grand" at Kata beach, to Centara Chieng Mai and they are real hotel. I booked this room...described in hotel website "... Deluxe Suite 1 Bedroom has an area of 70 square metres, with a spacious living and dining area, fully-equipped gallery kitchen, and bathroom with a Jacuzzi ... " but my first sight in the room was terrible and there is no Jacuzzi! got problem on the toilet didn't work after 1st use! Breakfast area / seat / food supply could not support guests coming during 0800-0900AM!
The only good thing was Splash Jungle Water Park, without it you will be out of hotel business!

Room Tip: Change your mind, better go to other hotel at the same cost. You can come and access the water park by one time pay.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JPAsit
Andreas K, General Manager at Grand West Sands Resort & Villas Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2012

Dear Khun Pasit

Warm Greetings from Phuket

Thank you for your feedback and I apologize that you felt our room description was misleading. We do have indeed very spacious rooms in our inventory with most of them providing full equipped kitchens, laundry facilities etc. I will try to follow your original booking and see what did occur as well as checking our maintenance log for your challenges mentioned.

Again thank you for your comments and best wishes to Chon Buri. We certainly hope you will come back to us one day and even if you choose only to visit the Waterpark I would be happy to hear from you before. Please contact me on gmcgwp@chr.co.th at anytime.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

I booked this room based on a co-worker reco, who had stayed at another Centara resort. MISTAKE!!! This property was recently purchased by Centara, but if this is emblematic of their other properties I will never use this brand again.

Check in problems seem to be a common thread in reviews, and ours was the same. At 7pm ( 4 hours after arrival) we finally checked in to a room far far away from anything. A solid 10 minute + walk to anything food, pool, gym or water park. Don't be fooled by the "convenient buggy" shuttle service hype, you can call ...they rarely come.

The Villa: Deferred maintenance would be a encouraging description of the room condition. Open electrical boxes, crumbling wood, in operable jacuzzi, and an enticing pool. Be careful parents, your kids will only stir up the dirt making it cloudy! Nice TV and all light switches work, if that is important to you. Spacious but generally not clean. The windows hadn't been cleaned in months, and mopping etc, was only cursory. Nice towels to be balanced in this review.

Food: Breakfast is pandemonium. Busloads of people descend, and there is no place to sit except outside in the sun. Lot's of flies inside and out. It's hard for the staff to keep up, but they try as the free buffet gets unloaded onto plates. Dinner is not good as you only have the choice of downstairs or upstairs (slightly different menu). We ate offsite the last two nights and were much happier.

Service: The staff tries hard to please, but they are just overwhelmed. Constantly complaints, mean they are always juggling. I felt sorry for them.

Waterpark: This is fun, and not so crowded. Great for a day, but not enough to warrant a reason to stay in this hotel.

Centara: Why would they buy this place? It is RIGHT next to the airport, the beach is not that great, and the place is falling apart. We never felt relaxed unless we were off the property which says something. Relaxation is hard when you have a long hot walk, jet engines, and questionable rooms nagging you. They should not market this property under any worthwhile brand name. If this is any indication of Centara, then I will never choose a resort managed by them again. Read the reviews, caveat emptor.

Room Tip: Villa's are far away, have bad maintenance, and are not clean.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Scottsing

Dear Sir or Madam

Warm Greetings from Phuket

Thank you very much for your feedback here on Tripadvisor. I truly regret, that we didn’t handle things better and have followed up with my Team to ensure that we learn and develop from your comments. We do pride to be part of the Centara Group and please do not your recent stay reflect on the whole group. On most of your challenges I did reply on the previous posts and as we are aware, we did start already the progress of blocking and repairing most of the Villas as of 2 weeks ago and tackled the buggy problem. And as you mentioned, I do think we make our guests aware of our location and the close approximity to the airport, thus the rather short transportation time.

Again I am sorry for our shortcomings and I am sure if you give us another chance in the future, you will see a greatly improved product.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Most of the resort staff need to be re-trained! The restaurant for breakfast serving is far away from most of the deluxe room but the buggy service was only served for those who stay their night at the villa but not for the deluxe room ( this is what i heard from their staff). The hotel located beside the airport and all we can hear was the noices for air plane taking off and landed through out the day. Is not worth for money at all to pay this kind of money and stay in a resort like this. The jacuzzi bath tub was spoilt and even we informed thier staff to send maintenance for checking they just promised out of the blue. Food was lousy and dirty there are fly we can even found inside the restaurant. This is the one and only hotel that rate to be 5 star but i found lots of thingys which can't even up to a 3 star standard. The house keeping staffs even grab to take for the lifts first before the customer and we have to give way for them to take the lift as well. Terrible is the only word that i can say.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Desmond T

Dear Desmond

Greetings from Phuket

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to hear that you did encounter challenges during your stay. By now we did supplement the resort with extra, bigger seated buggies and since the last few weeks it does run rather smooth, please be assured that they are not only for the Villa guests, as our dedicated Villa Team have their own buggies. As for the airport noise, this naturally due the location can be observed but the majority of our guests actually will not be disturbed and the feedback is in general well in line location wise. I did pass on you comments about our food offerings to our Chef, however I do think lousy is clearly a bit to harsh, as I eat there myself nearly everyday and the food quality is well received from the majority of our guest.

Again I do apologize that we came short on your expectations on your recent stay and please be assured that we do everything we have improved our services already and seek further to do so. We sincerely hope you will be back one day, so we are able to show you our development.