US$256
SALA Phuket Resort and Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
US$137
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
US$109
  • Pool
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$131/night.

US$273
US$157
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$194/night.

US$316
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
US$116
Hotels.com
US$70
US$58
1,390 results
All reviewswater parksplash junglesunset breezethe club loungethe penthousesunset restaurantfree entryclose to the airportdeluxe family residencered mangoluxury bedroombuggy drivershotel guestskids clubfamily holidayegg stationitalian restaurant
Reviewed 13 October 2012

We stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed it very much. The beds were SO COMFY, would happily go back just for that. The bath in the room was quite good as well. However the room was quite small, wouldn't be so bad if your a couple but 2 friends travelling together, it was a bit small. It that was ok though, as we spent the whole day at the Splash Jungle Water Park - we you get free entry to. We had dinner at the Italian restaurant which we both enjoyed. The breakfast was also very good.
Best thing is its so close to the airport - so for our morning flight we didn't have to get up too early.
The grounds were very clean and tidy.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Andreas K, General Manager at Grand West Sands Resort & Villas Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Dear Sir or Madam

Warm Greetings from Phuket

Thank you ever so much for your warm review and I am sincerely happy to hear that you had a good stay with us. Yes the beds are very nice indeed and we have a lot of good comments about their quality. Glad to hear that you fully enjoyed the Waterpark and that our Italian Restaurant and Breakfast was very good and met your expectations.

We hope to welcome you back soon in our Resort to enjoy the Waterpark and beds a bit longer.

With Best Wishes from the Island

Reviewed 12 October 2012

Disappointing:
- 65 sq.m. for Deluxe room is a JOKE! Totally rip off! I have stayed in a 45 sq.m. room and it's even BIGGER! Here, I'd say 30 sq.m. and that's it.
- Deluxe room is just a connecting room for Deluxe suite!
- Almost an hour dealing with front office to explain how deceiving it was- I was even asked for the source of this size info- please check your own website, and please stop deluding people.
- Buggy never came, unless you started from the lobby.
- Dirty room upon arrival! We checked in 1 hour later (standard check in time is 2 pm)

Satisfying:
+ Free entrance of Splash Jungle
+ Comfy bed! - we slept well (in the new room)
+ For us, location is excellent- away from the crowd. Though a bit noise from the runway, but it was fine
+ Various buffet line, not the best though

Eventually, we got upgraded to a bigger room, however, it took like an hour to get this done.

I'd never come back, or would rather stay at neighboring hotel like Holiday Inn Maikhao!

After all, what does 5 star really mean?

Room Tip: Avoid Deluxe room if you do not want to feel like sleeping in a box, you've been warned! Or easier way, stay at Holiday Inn Maikhao!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Sir or Madam

Thank you very much for your review here on Tripadvisor and I appreciate your positive comments, however naturally I am truly sorry to hear that our rooms did not meet your satisfaction. In average our deluxe rooms feature around 65 sqm of total space, this might vary a bit due to location of the room, like corner, stair case etc. Please don’t forget that the complete area is measured as living space, meaning rooms with corridors might appear smaller than they really are. To call it a rip off, its not justified and rightly as you mentioned all our guests have free entry to the Waterpark .

Again thank you for your comments and I do wish you a great stay at the Holiday Inn next time your plans bring you to Phuket. This is not meant to be negative, as I honestly only wish for any guest arriving in Phuket to have a great Holiday and if we are not the place, I truly wish you can find the one which meets your needs.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

From the time we arrived to the time we left we were treated as family, the resort staff and management were always helpful they catered to our every need. The deluxe room we stayed in was very well appointed, clean and fresh. The hotels ammenities are excellent from the pool to the water park to the kids club, my son absolutely loved the water park. We would definately recommend this resort to our friends.

Mark Chiciak

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark C
Andreas K, General Manager at Grand West Sands Resort & Villas Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

Dear Mark

Warm Greetings from the Island

It was a pleasure meeting you and your family here at the Resort and I am truly happy to hear that you had such a great time with us. I certainly will pass on your comments to my Team for further encouragement.

We all hope to welcome you back soon and please bring some cakes next time you visit.

With Best Wishes

Reviewed 10 October 2012

Yes this hotel is isolated and next to the airport but nevertheless my husband, my 2-year old son an I loved this hotel.

We had booked a room with separate bedroom.
Our room was located in block 6 and overlooked the aquapark. The rooms are large and modern but sober.
As the rooms have floor to ceiling windows my son stood gasping at the aquapark every morning.

Altough the hotel is next to the airport, the noise of the airplanes did not bother me.

I do not think that the food is overpriced, but drinks are rather expensive. But than again what do you expect in a 5-star hotel?
We received a few bottles of water in the room every day since you can not drink water from the tap.
For breakfast there was plenty of choice: Western and Thai dishes, warm as well as cold. There were serval kinds of cereals, fruits, pancakes, french toast, rice, bacon,...
For dinner they offer a buffet 3 times a week: Italian, BBQ and Thai. It is true that there are almost no alternatives in the neighbourhood.

The guest of the hotel came of alle area's of the world: China, Japan, Thailand, Russia, USA, Australia, Europe,... This is nice because I absolutely hate those hotels were the majority of the guests come from the same country.

I can understand that some people are dissapointed about the service and style of the hotel. There are 5-star hotel with more personal service and more beautifull rooms.

We were very pleased with our stay in the hotel and we will come back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Dear Jessy

Warm Greetings from Phuket

Thank you very much for your lovely and very fitting review of our Resort and I sincerely happy to hear that you had a great time with us and your husband and son loved it, especially the view to the Waterpark... We are aware that we still have to get better and honestly comments like yours are highly appreciated from my Team as it shows we are on the right way and getting better.

Again thank you for your feedback and we are all looking forward to welcome you back soon.

With Best Wishes from Phuket

Reviewed 6 October 2012

Firstly, I don't understand these reviews that complain about the isolation. Surely when one plans a holiday, you research the location before making a decision?
We stayed in the heart of Patong and had a ball, then went onto Centara to unwind. This is what this beautiful place is all about, the beach is gorgeous, the grounds well maintained (no mean feat because it is huge) and if you wish to go elsewhere, there is a bus to Patong and Turtle Village. Airport noise is not an issue when it means that you have such a short trip to start that sad journey home.
Our penthouse suite was sublime, we stayed as a family with 2 kids under 12 and with another couple. Everyone had their own bath, TV and balcony - then there was our own plunge pool with divine views. The room and pool were serviced beautifully every day.
A couple of things went wrong - the husband got sick but was well attended to by the nurse on site, the toilet blocked (probably because of the husband's illness) and this was fixed immediately.
The water park was the highlight for the kids - they will talk about it for years to come.
We felt like royalty on our arrival and were made to feel at home immediately. Fon took care of us throughout our stay, escorting the kids to kids club and checking in with us to ensure all our needs were catered for. All the staff were fabulous but Fon was amazing, she is a treasure to Centara, her beautiful smile and gorgeous nature will never be forgotten.
We hope to return and I hope Fon will be there to greet us again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank tanyat48
Andreas K, General Manager at Grand West Sands Resort & Villas Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Dear Tanya

Warm Greetings from Phuket

Thank you ever so much for your warm review and I am truly happy to hear that you had a great stay with us. Especially that our Team was able to make an impression from the Nurse to K Fon, I will personally bring a print out of your review to her to thank her for her great services. I sure hope you will visit us soon again, so that the kids not only talk about the Waterpark but can go again to have fun on the slides and the aqua play.

Again thank you for your review and Best Wishes from Phuket