“Fantastic!”
Review of Villa Thongbura

Villa Thongbura
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Bang Lamung
Reviewed 16 April 2017

Great location, not far from beach, great rooms with comfortable beds, Hi Speed internet. I had a room overlooking the pool on the ground floor. Next time I will book for a month!
Overall , a great experience.

Room Tip: Get a room by the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 April 2017

The hotel is located in a nice area, not too far from Jomtien beach. We booked two apartaments for our families by the pool. The apartaments were very nice, the poll area is absolutely stunning. We spend 4 weeks and we have no regrets regarding the hotel. They have a restaurant which can be quite handy, we ordered lunch neraly everyday and had dinner there sometimes when we were too lazy for going out. Breakfast was OK the first weeks, but after some time you get tired since they do not have that many options, Also it was not included, we pay about 150 bath per person everyday which can make it expensive after some weeks. The staff was very nice with us and our kids, very simple and honest people. June was a part of our cleaning staff and she took also care of our 8 months boy almost the entire period during the afternoon. They really connected and she cried so much when we left. i could not thank her enough for taking good care of him. If you are going there with kids I really reccomend hiring her.

Room Tip: apartments by the pool on the first floor are the best
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

This is my 3rd visit to villa thongbura but I won't be coming back again. Why? 1. The staff. Lazy, always playing in their phones and can hardly seem bothered to help guests. They struggled to smile or even give guests a simple greeting. 2. The hotel. What was once a beautiful place has been let go to waste. We had one of the more expensive "Thongbura" rooms. One night a cleaner left several bin bags in the corridor outside our room and had been opened by some animal. The reception area which once offered a grand welcome now was littered with all kinds of things the staff could easily tidy away. There just seems to be no management of the place at all. There are certainly enough staff, but they simply don't care about anything. Very very disappointing.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2016

Very nice place to relax, beautifull pool, with bar, hotel staff is excellent. Distance to Jomtien beach is cca 10 min. by walk. Roos is very clear an silent. I was there in march 2016. Excellent service.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2016

I enjoyed the resort greatly and found the Accommodation was very good and the staff helpful and friendly.
To begin with, we booked the wrong room on the internet, that was my fault and telling the problem to reception, they took us to look at a number of different room options, which we settled with a 2 bedroom suite overlooking the main pool.
After that, on leaving, I realised I left my passport in the in-room safe. I called the resort and they went to great effort to return my passport to my and also check I was the correct person.
The bedding was comfortable and We all got a good night sleep. The room was nice and large and we felt comfortable.
The resort is about a 10 minute very easy walk to the beach so we could sit on the beach in the earlier parts of the day, then return to the pool at the resort.
On the subject of the pool, I had no complaints. Having owned swimming pools most of my life, I know when a pool is off or not. The only "debris" I could see in the pool was the flower blossoms, which actually added to the experience. I made a point to feel the walls and the water-line and the walls and it was clean. I think that because the pool is mostly tiled in green, on first view, it doesn't look so great to someone who is used to blue or other colored tiles. If you looked directly at the white tiles, they were very white.
So in summary, we had a great time.
The breakfast wasn't what you would expect from a 5-star resort, but it reflected the room cost. The same restaurant did a very nice evening meal.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
3.8 km away
Baron Beach Hotel
Baron Beach Hotel
#1 of 21 in Bang Lamung

Been to Villa Thongbura? Share your experiences!