Finest Playa Mujeres(Playa Mujeres)
US$464
Finest Resorts
Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa(Playa Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$135
  • Pool
US$440
Excellence Resorts
US$353
Hotels.com
US$409
Bookit.com
Hotel Riu Dunamar(Playa Mujeres)
US$216
  • Breakfast included
Sea by C - Adults Only(Playa Mujeres)
US$100
Hotels.com
US$153
Travelocity
4,329 results
All reviewslupita loungela amadaplunge poolaroma restaurantlupita restaurantbeachfront casitastory casitaaqua vivaroom servicenatura barocean view terracesushiboutique resortswim up barbeach conciergeseasons toursswim up suite
Reviewed 19 January 2018

For many reviews, the five-star system is inadequate. There is an awful lot of space between a 80% rating and a 100% rating. I am giving a five-star review as reflective of an overall experience probably most objectively deserving of a 93-4% rating. This is my second (and final) version of my review as Trip Advisor allows not editing and every typo, spelling error or poorly chosen phrase lives on in TA infamy until the apocalypse.

The physical space is beautiful and perfectly maintained. The rooms spacious and intelligently appointed. We had a first-floor casita with gleaming pool. Good fortune placed us in the single room closest to the beach. The room could use a touch better maintenance (not cleaning), but I picking-nits. It was equipped with an indoor jacuzzi and a decent size private outdoor pool. Some people have complained about the bathroom; they are wrong; it is fine and affords the privacy that matters.

The pools are lovely although we did not go in them as we had our own and always prefer the natural beauty of the Caribbean Sea. The beach is lovely, but not spectacular. There is some seaweed on windy days (our arrival and departure days happily). A good seat can almost always be found and when we were there (Jan7-14) the resort was over 90% capacity.
The service is exceptional although at times a touch too cloying. There is no need to ask six times a day if all is copasetic. The waiters at the beach were excellent and we almost never waited too long for a drink or snack. Room service (breakfast only for us) was timely and good for room service.

Food is good for an all-inclusive. I am a food snob, but recognize a restaurant competing for customers will always have more incentives for excellence than one with a captive clientele. I do not expect Le Bernardin and if you do, your expectations are out of whack. Food was fresh, tasty and appropriately cooked. Drinks were not strong, but when you are having a dozen in the sun each day, that is not a bad thing. They are happy to bring shots if you wish to adjust the proportions. Lupita lounge was the entertainment focal point of the resort and a wonderful space. Considering the quality of the resort, I’d love to pay $100 more a day and take the food to the excellent level, but I am from NYC and I understand a resort cannot cater to my individual tastes. I have heard the resort is contemplating some ill-informed charges and moving to a standard all-inclusive nationality based Epcot dining system with a French, Italian, Chinese place, etc. Allow me to stand athwart history yelling stop. The resort is in Mexico, the restaurants should be Mexican and more authentically so (maybe highlighting regions of the country). Do you see a lot of French, Italians or Chinese people around? I didn’t think so. Yes, the restaurants would have to have anodyne dishes for pedestrian palates, but that could be achieved in the context of vibrant Mexican restaurants. The Mexican culinary heritage is excellent, the ingredients diverse and robust and authentic food would attract more people than are lost. The dress code needs to be enforced more aggressively. Unsurprisingly, men are the problem. Women, as they care what look like, usually dress very nicely. My sex seems to have a hard time putting on pants and real shoes. I know, I know adulting is hard work. The resort is very well appointed, the guests could do a bit better in the evening at least.
Everyone at the resort looks happy and relaxed. People are clearly having a good time and most respect the low-key vibe of the resort and those who don’t usually only did so for brief periods
The biggest negative is the fact that tipping is not really included even though it is alleged to be. Everyone tips and it is understood that one should. This is annoying as it often requires having cash in a place where the lack of having it would be very convenient. I saw two people completely soak their bills in the sea and one run over the beach as the wind took his. I actually saw people tipping for every drink. We had no energy for this and just gave the server $10 USD for the day. I would prefer the resort raise its prices and make it a true all-inclusive or add a pooled tip line at check-out or check-in where I could just write in $300 and be done (we probably went through near that in small tips). As an example of the problem, I performed a controlled experiment. I usually tip housekeeping at the end of stay. I noticed two days in, we were not getting the silly towel animals and rose petals that I had heard of. Left an interim tip and viola. I just want to forget about money at an all-inclusive and I think a change in policy would be wise. When obtaining so many small bills, it was also important to inform the teller I was not frequenting a strip joint as that many singles is usually a giveaway.
The cigar selection is small, but well-chosen and fairly priced. Pascual who seems in charge of matters tobacco is fairly knowledgeable and very friendly. Sadly, I was not there when the resort had Behikes. Alas some things are not meant to be.
The current State Department travel advisory is non-sense. Unless, you seek trouble, nowhere in the tropics is this safe and you will feel safer than most places in the first-world. Despite the bloviating for our president, the Mexican people were uniformly friendly and exhibited zero hostility to Americans.
As an aside, walk around the adjacent marina to see some truly spectacular ships. You will be happy you did.

If you are an adult couple seeking classy, quiet romance, natural beauty and serenity, you will love this resort. We certainly intend on returning. It may be the most well rounded all-inclusive we have experienced.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Patrick G
Excellence G, Manager at Beloved Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Dear Patrick,

First and foremost, allow us to thank you for choosing Beloved Playa Mujeres as your vacation destination and for taking a valued time to share your experience with all Trip Advisor readers.

We are delighted to read that you had a deserved remarkable all-inclusive experience at Beloved Playa Mujeres. Thanks for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation with us and mentioning the beautiful facilities & ambiance and the quality of food & drinks encountered that made your stay so enjoyable. We also would like to congratulate for your engagement, which helped us identify specifically a point of improvement encountered during your stay.

Will be a great honor to welcome you again in a near future and provide, once again, a memorable experience.

Receive our warmest regards from Cancun!

Reviewed 19 January 2018

Just returned from a week at the Beloved Playa Mujeres. Awesome service and food.

Only buffet is for breakfast at Aroma restaurant the rest are a la cartes with no reservations necessary. Room service has major selections and quick service.

Quiet and peaceful boutique resort. Only 109 rooms. No wrist bands or towel cards needed. Always a lounger or sun bed available on beach or pool areas. Food and drink service available at beach or pool.

Spa was so relaxing! Did the hydro circuit then couples massage — best combo ever.

Will be recommending to my clients looking for a relaxing and refreshing holiday.

Stayed: January 2018
5  Thank rosa519

Dear rosa519,

Allow us to thank you for taking the time to write this review in which you share your experience at Beloved Playa Mujeres with all Trip Advisor readers.

We are very pleased to know that had a memorable stay at our boutique hotel and our colleagues were able to provide a friendly and attentive service, exceeding your expectations. Thank you for your positive remarks regarding your delighting experience at our spa! We are also looking forward to welcoming you again and provide another memorable vacation!

Receive our warmest regards from Cancun!

Reviewed 19 January 2018

The service was good Isabel - Susanna - Jared.The food is corect but the plates are cool.... The resort is to small Only 4 restos No french and Italien restos,.WHY.........
Beach is nice but to many objects blocking the view... Section 1 is to noisy for old people... Excellence at Playa Mujeres is definitely better
Martin Blanchard

Room Tip: Avoid section one.....very close to the party !!!!!!!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
10  Thank mblanchard2018
Reviewed 18 January 2018

We've barely returned from our 2nd stay at the Beloved, and are already planning our 3rd. This is definitely the kind of place you want to come back to over and over again. The ambiance is sophisticated, the rooms are large and comfortable, the amenities provide everything you need and more, and most importantly, the staff and service is simply exceptional - so much so, we feel compelled to mention a few who really stood out [although it's hard to pick, all staff is so awesome :)]. First, our beach concierge, Jared - he actually remembered us from our 1st visit, names n'all, and was genuinely happy to see us back. Then there is our waitress, Brenda, at the Aroma - it only took her 1 dinner to remember ALL of our special preferences - we didn't have to ask twice. And of course, the front desk manager, Jenny - correspondence with her is quick and seamless, she is SO welcoming and accommodating, honoring our special pre-travel room request TO a T. We had an amazing vacation, will recommend to all my friends and family. Can't wait to return!!!
Vladimir & Emma

Stayed: December 2017
2  Thank Vladimir338
Reviewed 17 January 2018

We normally don't return to the same place twice but after our wonderful stay here in June we decided to return this January. I can honestly say that this vacation was perfecto .... flawless! This time, as we pulled up in our transfer to check in and were greeted with champagne and cool towels and the sound of "welcome home", we truly felt as if we were returning home. So nice to see those familiar, smiling faces of the employees who make Beloved an exceptional place to vacation. Every one of them goes above and beyond to make your stay relaxing and memorable. Truly.

We booked the same swim out suite we had before as we liked its proximity to everything. As mentioned in previous reviews, I don't think there is a bad room in the place. The suites are spacious, comfortable, and spotless. We liked the ability to walk out of our terrace and go directly to the pool (which was heated by the way). Waiters were there to never let our drinks run dry or our tummies go hungry.

We spent each day on the beautiful beach (a treat for us as we left the frozen tundra of the Northeast and the "bomb cyclone"). The weather was perfect for us ..... upper 70's low 80's and sunny ..... everyday. We soaked in every minute of the glorious weather and spectacular view of the turquoise water. We love this beach ...... camped out on our beach bed and chaise lounges with Eduardo attending to our every need (again .... always a drink and food provided with a smile). Each day there was a special food prepared on the beach (paella, ceviche, burritos, tacos, etc...). You could also order from a menu. Perfecto.

Our breakfast was split between the buffet at Aroma (if you can't find something to eat that you like here ... well ..... I don't know what to say). The buffet is bountiful with made to order omelettes, Mexican specialties, sushi, fresh fuit, pastries, and list goes on and on. Mimosas, bloody marys, French press coffee, cappuccino, fresh juices, etc.... to quench every thirst. Our other breakfast spot was the Isla Grill ....you just can't beat the view! Service was always given with a smile and we especially liked the motulenos and huevos rancheros here.

We normally ate our lunch on the beach with the special Mexican food of the day or from the menu (yummy ceviche, guacamole, and the pizza is surprisingly good here!). El Mar was also a favorite spot for lunch ..... if you like pulpo (octopus) this is the place to get it. Delish!

Dinners were equally wonderfully prepared, presented, and served at El Mar, Isla Grill, Aroma, and Lupita. No complaints at all (and we are foodservice professionals). This is not your typical all-inclusive where buffets abound. This is ala carte service that is both creative and flavorful. Fresh fish/seafood at El Mar, steaks at Isla Grill, upscale Mexican at Lupita, and Mediterranean flavors at Aroma. If you get a chance, ask for the flaming coffee to top off your meal ....... what a wonderful presentation!

We only ordered room service once during our stay but it arrived in a timely manner and the food was tasty.

Since we stayed 7 nights we had the option of enjoying a meal at the sister property next door -- Excellence. We ate at their Lobster House and were not impressed .... it was an extremely windy evening (my salad actually blew off my plate lol!) and the waiter could not put the windscreens down because they didn't have the crank stick to do it. Weird. We couldn't wait to return to our Beloved.

My husband likes to sail and took out the hobbie cat several times during our stay (this is included at no extra charge). We also took the bikes out on our own (they also give morning tours) ...... the path from the gate up to the other end (where the Secrets resorts is) is a nice ride (or walk/run). You can see parrots, monkeys, and even baby aligators on your ride. This is a safe and beautiful area. There are other "free" activities you can partake in .... such as kayaking, snorkeling, yoga, etc...... There are also excursions you can take for a fee. Do as much or as little as you'd like :-)

We love the laid back atmosphere of this property. We are not into the "drunken Cancun party scene" .... if you are looking for that .... this is not the place for you. If you are looking to be pampered and catered to this is the place to be. Everyone is treated like a VIP. Everyone.

Although tipping is included, I would encourage folks to tip these hard working employees who will make your stay here memorable. We happily tipped although none expected us to nor would they give us any less service for not tipping. We believe in blessing hard working individuals. That's just us.

We love this place so much that we will be returning again next January. Until then we will excitedly anticipate the sound of the words ..."Welcome Home" :-)

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
9  Thank lowdenpicker

Dear lowdenpicker,

First and foremost, allow us to thank you for choosing once again Beloved Playa Mujeres as host of your getaway and for taking the time to share your experience with all Trip Advisor readers.

We are really impressed in reading your detailed and amiable review regarding your experience with us and to know that you had a well-deserved relaxing time at our hotel. Thank you for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation and mentioning our beautiful facilities and the enjoyable moments that you had by the beach which made your stay memorable.

It will be a great honor to welcome you “home” again next January and provide another amazing experience.

Please receive our warmest regards from the Beloved Family!