4,584 results
All reviews lupita lounge la amada plunge pool aroma restaurant lupita restaurant story casita beachfront casita room service ocean view terrace aqua viva natura bar sushi beach concierge boutique resort swim up bar seasons tours swim up suite
Reviewed 19 January 2018

This experience was so relaxing all around, despite the chilly January weather. We originally only meant to stay one night, but after moving to our other (planned) resort stay, we rebooked another two nights and returned the very next day.
This adult-only resort is clean and quiet. The staff is friendly and dedicated to your vacation. The food is also healthy, and is good for those of us who prefer to "eat clean" on our holiday. Fresh juices, sashimi, and smoothies are available at every meal/restaurant. We also LOVED the fresh smoothie stand near the pool area. Of course, all international and domestic drinks are included in your stay. There's also no need to wear those annoying wristbands.
Don't forget to make your appointment with the spa! Each guest receives a complimentary Hydrotherapy with their stay. So worth it!

Room Tip: Book your hydrotherapy early!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Carissa E
Reviewed 19 January 2018

For many reviews, the five-star system is inadequate. There is an awful lot of space between a 80% rating and a 100% rating. I am giving a five-star review as reflective of an overall experience probably most objectively deserving of a 93-4% rating. This is my second (and final) version of my review as Trip Advisor allows not editing and every typo, spelling error or poorly chosen phrase lives on in TA infamy until the apocalypse.

The physical space is beautiful and perfectly maintained. The rooms spacious and intelligently appointed. We had a first-floor casita with gleaming pool. Good fortune placed us in the single room closest to the beach. The room could use a touch better maintenance (not cleaning), but I picking-nits. It was equipped with an indoor jacuzzi and a decent size private outdoor pool. Some people have complained about the bathroom; they are wrong; it is fine and affords the privacy that matters.

The pools are lovely although we did not go in them as we had our own and always prefer the natural beauty of the Caribbean Sea. The beach is lovely, but not spectacular. There is some seaweed on windy days (our arrival and departure days happily). A good seat can almost always be found and when we were there (Jan7-14) the resort was over 90% capacity.
The service is exceptional although at times a touch too cloying. There is no need to ask six times a day if all is copasetic. The waiters at the beach were excellent and we almost never waited too long for a drink or snack. Room service (breakfast only for us) was timely and good for room service.

Food is good for an all-inclusive. I am a food snob, but recognize a restaurant competing for customers will always have more incentives for excellence than one with a captive clientele. I do not expect Le Bernardin and if you do, your expectations are out of whack. Food was fresh, tasty and appropriately cooked. Drinks were not strong, but when you are having a dozen in the sun each day, that is not a bad thing. They are happy to bring shots if you wish to adjust the proportions. Lupita lounge was the entertainment focal point of the resort and a wonderful space. Considering the quality of the resort, I’d love to pay $100 more a day and take the food to the excellent level, but I am from NYC and I understand a resort cannot cater to my individual tastes. I have heard the resort is contemplating some ill-informed charges and moving to a standard all-inclusive nationality based Epcot dining system with a French, Italian, Chinese place, etc. Allow me to stand athwart history yelling stop. The resort is in Mexico, the restaurants should be Mexican and more authentically so (maybe highlighting regions of the country). Do you see a lot of French, Italians or Chinese people around? I didn’t think so. Yes, the restaurants would have to have anodyne dishes for pedestrian palates, but that could be achieved in the context of vibrant Mexican restaurants. The Mexican culinary heritage is excellent, the ingredients diverse and robust and authentic food would attract more people than are lost. The dress code needs to be enforced more aggressively. Unsurprisingly, men are the problem. Women, as they care what look like, usually dress very nicely. My sex seems to have a hard time putting on pants and real shoes. I know, I know adulting is hard work. The resort is very well appointed, the guests could do a bit better in the evening at least.
Everyone at the resort looks happy and relaxed. People are clearly having a good time and most respect the low-key vibe of the resort and those who don’t usually only did so for brief periods
The biggest negative is the fact that tipping is not really included even though it is alleged to be. Everyone tips and it is understood that one should. This is annoying as it often requires having cash in a place where the lack of having it would be very convenient. I saw two people completely soak their bills in the sea and one run over the beach as the wind took his. I actually saw people tipping for every drink. We had no energy for this and just gave the server $10 USD for the day. I would prefer the resort raise its prices and make it a true all-inclusive or add a pooled tip line at check-out or check-in where I could just write in $300 and be done (we probably went through near that in small tips). As an example of the problem, I performed a controlled experiment. I usually tip housekeeping at the end of stay. I noticed two days in, we were not getting the silly towel animals and rose petals that I had heard of. Left an interim tip and viola. I just want to forget about money at an all-inclusive and I think a change in policy would be wise. When obtaining so many small bills, it was also important to inform the teller I was not frequenting a strip joint as that many singles is usually a giveaway.
The cigar selection is small, but well-chosen and fairly priced. Pascual who seems in charge of matters tobacco is fairly knowledgeable and very friendly. Sadly, I was not there when the resort had Behikes. Alas some things are not meant to be.
The current State Department travel advisory is non-sense. Unless, you seek trouble, nowhere in the tropics is this safe and you will feel safer than most places in the first-world. Despite the bloviating for our president, the Mexican people were uniformly friendly and exhibited zero hostility to Americans.
As an aside, walk around the adjacent marina to see some truly spectacular ships. You will be happy you did.

If you are an adult couple seeking classy, quiet romance, natural beauty and serenity, you will love this resort. We certainly intend on returning. It may be the most well rounded all-inclusive we have experienced.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Patrick G
Excellence G, Manager at Beloved Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Dear Patrick,

First and foremost, allow us to thank you for choosing Beloved Playa Mujeres as your vacation destination and for taking a valued time to share your experience with all Trip Advisor readers.

We are delighted to read that you had a deserved remarkable all-inclusive experience at Beloved Playa Mujeres. Thanks for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation with us and mentioning the beautiful facilities & ambiance and the quality of food & drinks encountered that made your stay so enjoyable. We also would like to congratulate for your engagement, which helped us identify specifically a point of improvement encountered during your stay.

Will be a great honor to welcome you again in a near future and provide, once again, a memorable experience.

Receive our warmest regards from Cancun!

Reviewed 19 January 2018

Just returned from a week at the Beloved Playa Mujeres. Awesome service and food.

Only buffet is for breakfast at Aroma restaurant the rest are a la cartes with no reservations necessary. Room service has major selections and quick service.

Quiet and peaceful boutique resort. Only 109 rooms. No wrist bands or towel cards needed. Always a lounger or sun bed available on beach or pool areas. Food and drink service available at beach or pool.

Spa was so relaxing! Did the hydro circuit then couples massage — best combo ever.

Will be recommending to my clients looking for a relaxing and refreshing holiday.

Stayed: January 2018
5  Thank rosa519

Dear rosa519,

Allow us to thank you for taking the time to write this review in which you share your experience at Beloved Playa Mujeres with all Trip Advisor readers.

We are very pleased to know that had a memorable stay at our boutique hotel and our colleagues were able to provide a friendly and attentive service, exceeding your expectations. Thank you for your positive remarks regarding your delighting experience at our spa! We are also looking forward to welcoming you again and provide another memorable vacation!

Receive our warmest regards from Cancun!

Reviewed 19 January 2018

The service was good Isabel - Susanna - Jared.The food is corect but the plates are cool.... The resort is to small Only 4 restos No french and Italien restos,.WHY.........
Beach is nice but to many objects blocking the view... Section 1 is to noisy for old people... Excellence at Playa Mujeres is definitely better
Martin Blanchard

Room Tip: Avoid section one.....very close to the party !!!!!!!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
10  Thank mblanchard2018
Reviewed 18 January 2018

We've barely returned from our 2nd stay at the Beloved, and are already planning our 3rd. This is definitely the kind of place you want to come back to over and over again. The ambiance is sophisticated, the rooms are large and comfortable, the amenities provide everything you need and more, and most importantly, the staff and service is simply exceptional - so much so, we feel compelled to mention a few who really stood out [although it's hard to pick, all staff is so awesome :)]. First, our beach concierge, Jared - he actually remembered us from our 1st visit, names n'all, and was genuinely happy to see us back. Then there is our waitress, Brenda, at the Aroma - it only took her 1 dinner to remember ALL of our special preferences - we didn't have to ask twice. And of course, the front desk manager, Jenny - correspondence with her is quick and seamless, she is SO welcoming and accommodating, honoring our special pre-travel room request TO a T. We had an amazing vacation, will recommend to all my friends and family. Can't wait to return!!!
Vladimir & Emma