Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreamsUS$550
Booking.comUS$550
FindHotelUS$408
Trip.comUS$541
HurbUS$316
Destinia.comUS$638
All reviews kids club fs diego facilities server adults vacation pool resort
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 August 2021

This was our third time staying at this property (once pre-COVID, two post). Everyone at the Nest (Diego, Mauricio, Roque, Josue) got to know us well and was super attentive to us. We had been at the resort for a week in June, and when we walked back in for breakfast on our first day of our August trip Diego saw me and said "double espresso and an orange juice!" And he was right! Every morning, as soon as they saw us, the entire wait staff at the Nest was ready for us.
The kids club staff (Wendy, Freeda, Erika, Susana, Nicole) all remembered my daughter as well, and she was super comfortable with all of them. I am a single parent, so when I travel with my daughter these things make or break my trip. I would go back to the property just for this.
The family hosts (Nataly, Yahaira) made sure we had a special experience, and even put together a birthday party for my daughter, as she had had a birthday in between our two stays this summer. She loved it!
Hurricane Grace hit the area while we were there. The staff worked very hard to keep everything in operation, and we were still able to enjoy our time during the bad weather. The next day everything was back to operating normally, as though nothing had happened. The staff worked very hard under difficult circumstances to make that possible.
Having been to the resort two years apart, one thing that preserved the experience was the continuity of the staff. Several of the people who work there now were there two years ago. They're people I remember, who made our trips positive experiences, then and now. They're working extra hard under the weight of COVID, so please be kind to them if/when you visit. Looking forward to going back soon.

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 25 June 2021

Pros:
- BEAUTIFUL resort. The rooms (we stayed in a loft) are large, clean and updated. Beds were comfortable.
- Lots to do!The spa and gym are great, there are tons of daily activities at the pool. We didn't make it to the Kids Clubs, and aren't sure if they were open.
- Buffet food was great (see below), but my bar is low.
- They provide beach toys, inflatables, beach bag - Ask for it!
- Beach - really close, nice sand. There were lots of chairs and umbrellas. They come around asking for drinks, but no food.

Cons:
- Check-in - we took the Lomas van and waited over an hour at the airport (we had enough people to fill two vans). Check-in at the hotel took an additional hour.
- Butler Service - We do Family Selection (or a similar version) at our resort as we have young kids; They give you a WhatsApp butler service. They were extremely unresponsive. See photo.
- Golf Carts - the resort is HUGE and with kids and wedding events, we needed golf carts as transportation. We sometimes waited for more than 30 mins in the blazing heat.
- Food - The people in my party were very disappointed with the food. The room service (marketed as 24/7) always took over 2 hours or never came.
- App - the App is not up to date. They tell you about all the restaurants and times upon arriving, but it isn't written anywhere and difficult to figure out.
Beach - Lots of kelp at certain times of the day. You can't get food at the beach either.
Service - People are really nice, but quite unresponsive.

Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank AdrianQJones
Reviewed 11 May 2021

Wonderful service, incredibly helpful and friendly staff. The gentlemen here made us feel part of their family and looked after us. Great drinks and service with a smile from every server. Thank you Hugo, Raul, Miguel, Alan!!

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2021

We have just come back from a week vacation at Family Selection. The facilities are very nice and the staff is very friendly. The golf cart service around the resort is impressive. We never had to wait longer than 2 minutes.

There are many workers I would like to mention, but first of all I want to thank Wendy whose help really made our stay so amazing.
Attention parents of 2-6 year olds!!! There is an animator lady enterntaining your kids from 10-11am at the little kids club adjacent to the Family Selection lounge/the Nest restaurant, and then at 11am Wendy moves to the FS pool and keeps working with your kids until around 4.30pm. They do crafts, face painting and lots of other stuff right by the pool while you are having a mimosa on a bali bed and watching your kid having fun. When Wendy was off, Cecilia filled in very well.

I am going to mention many workers because I hope it gives them some kind of benefit.

FS pool team: Vanidi, Pavel, Russel and Leo.
The Nest waiter Diego
Sumptuori: chefs Jorge and Oscar, waiters Luis, Alejandro and Armando.
El Dorado waitress Carolina
Bellboy Alfredo
Anni the concierge helped us with all the dinner reservations in advance.

Thank you guys!

Date of stay: April 2021
2  Thank Nadiya K
Reviewed 27 December 2020

Wendy- from kids club she is super nice and kind with the kiddos so sweet and caring. Highly recommend her can’t wait to comeback and see her... the hotel it’s so beautiful people are super nice and super clean and great program for the kiddos

Date of stay: December 2020