Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
US$18
View deal
Free cancellation until 08/12/21
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 October 2014

I stayed here for one week. Nothing special from this hotel. All are standard. Unfortunately laundry facilities not perfumed like others. When I try the pool, the pool was filled by local residents who swim, so disturb my comfort. Moreover, a murky pond water makes me not linger swim. Breakfast was not too attractive, versatile standard. Fortunately I get comfort when in the clean room.

Room tip: room 302 is better
Date of stay: October 2014
4  Thank mrrumba1
Reviewed 13 November 2012

The hotel is probably the best in South Samantra Backwoods region (Muara Enim,Lahat..). This place is 5-6 hours traffic to South Samantra Capital Palembang depends on the traffic.. They have a pool which is the only one in the region and the room is bright and relatively CLEAN comparing to other hotels in the region (I mean the other 'grand hotel' which is Swanadiwpa). They offer breakfast which is basic and free WIFI which is limited to the lobby.Do you a favor and don't judge this depends on your experience on other international hotels. If so, it won't even count a one star...However in such rural scenarios, the hotel gives you a sense of living in 21st century and meet your daily needs well.
Be aware of the insects when you go out in this region and do bring some repellent. And do remember to bring some entertainment on your laptop or Ipad since TV inside all are Indonesian Channelss..and network sometimes are bad.

Room tip: Those ones face the swimming pool will do. They offer you the green views to the nearby jungle roads.
Date of stay: November 2012
6  Thank Arseian
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Mudik is an Indonesia tradition of going back to your homeland to celebrate Ied with your relatives. My hometown is West Sumatera and my family frequently goes by cars. It takes 32-36 hours of driving from my house in Tangerang - Banten to West Sumatera, and we usually divide it into 3 days 2 nights trip to avoid night crime that lurks travelers.

Spending hours in a car makes you want decent place to rest. Lahat is located in Trans-Sumatran way and for years it has been used by many road-trip-travelers as a transit town. Finding hotels there are easy, but mostly the hotels are cheap and very basic. Bed, TV, drawer, that's all. And the sanitation is somehow questionable. Usually when we had extra cash and enough time we would rather continue our way to Lubuklinggau and spend the night there. But in 2009, when the budget was tight and there was a warning for night traveling, we decided to stay in Lahat again after so long. That's why I was really surprised when we saw Bukit Serelo.

Honestly, based on the name I thought this was a a cottage-type resort. It wasn't. It was just a business hotel, but still the best I've had so far in Lahat. That's why, this year (2012) we stopped by here again after three years and this time we had our 19 months old daughter with us.

My second experience was actually better than the first.

In 2009, the hotel looked nice outside but many bugs inside. I even had to pour antiseptic liquid to the bathroom floor because there were small worms crippling. The rooms were cozy and the beds were comfy. It had carpets, sofa, fridge, and cable TV. But the lights were too dimmed. They only had night lights beside the beds and one neon light near the door. Not good for reading but good for honeymooners! Lol. The restaurant menus were poor but thankfully the hotel was located in a market town square and the restaurants were just a few walks away. The sahur food was horrible. Bland and a very limited choice. We took sahur instead of breakfast because breakfast would only be available after 6.00 a.m and we needed to leave before that.

In 2012, the hotel still looked the same, but no more bugs and no more worms. Yay. The lights were still dimmed, double yay (for my husband, lol). We still ate outside but this time I was able to taste the room service menu. Apparently it tasted better than the sahur buffet. The next morning we again took sahur instead of breakfast. What a wonder: the menu was the same as 3 years ago! And still tasted as bland as I remember. But, when we checked out after 6.00 a.m, I peeped the restaurant for the breakfast and to my surprise there were more choices! The sahur menu was there too, but this time there were also breads, pastries, and pastas. Oh great, so breakfast food were more energizing than sahur food....

Bukit Serelo may not be the best hotel you've ever stay in, but if you're in Lahat on a business trip or need a room for a night rest after having a long road trip, this is the best hotel you can find so far. Your other option is staying in Muara Enim (Swarna Dwipa was a nice hotel), about 1 hour before Lahat, or staying in Lubuklinggau (more hotels option there), about 2 hours after Lahat.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank Rizka
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I have stayed at Bukit Selero twice so far - once in 2006 and now in 2012. Based on my first experience 5+ years ago, my expectations were rather low. I was therefore surprised when my colleague told me that they now had free Wifi - even though it turned out that this only applied to the lobby area as there is no network coverage upstairs. To give this place two stars sounds about right by international standards in terms of age of the premises, upkeep etc. Some features did however surprise me (flatscreen TV, suite style layout of the rooms with separate sitting room [not that you would want to spend the time there "enjoying" this feature but nevertheless...], and other amenities which are sometimes not even found in 4* hotels). Breakfast is indeed no highlight but if you go with the toast, butter and jam, you should be alright. Considering in what sort of backwater you are there, I think this place surprises on the upside... if you keep your expectations low... And before I forget: I did not experience any bites from bed bugs. People have to appreciate that hardly anybody who makes it to Lahat and actually spends a night there does so because they are on a business trip and not to enjoy the amenities of a hotel, i.e. I cannot imagine anybody to plan a poolside experience in Lahat.

Date of stay: February 2012
5  Thank C073
Reviewed 31 December 2008

The town of Lahat is situated on the Trans-Sumatran Highway in South Sumatra province. The Bukit Serelo is the best hotel and at first glance looks very appealing.

It has a large pool, which is also the only one in town, the rooms look airy and bright and the restaurant offers a fairly varied menu for backwoods Sumatra.

However, on closer inspection, the pool is a little dirty, the restaurant food was basic at best and the buffet breakfast inedible. Fried rice should contain some meat, egg or vegetables but this was plain rice colored red by chilli sauce right out the bottle. Worst of all for a place with some pretensions, we were both bitten by bedbugs. Beds in two star hotels should under no circumstances have bloodsuckers.

In spite of these facts, the Bukit Serelo probably remains the best hotel in town. But this says more about the competition than it does about the hotel itself.

Date of stay: December 2008