Grenadian by Rex Resorts
US$146
US$168
US$129
US$916
Siesta Hotel(Grand Anse)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$66
US$438
US$424
Hotels.com
2,032 results
All reviewsbeach frontfishbeachfront roomsoupspool barrex resortsbeach vendorsisland tourst georgeshotel groundsmain restaurantair canadaa la carte restaurantbeautiful islandexecutive chefaquarium restaurantthree star
Reviewed 1 September 2017

this was my first stay at the Rex on my 3rd trip to Grenada. The location is great right up the street from the airport. the facilities are good clean spacious rooms. A/C works well, wifi is open. The rooms are a way from the lobby and the cars do not come anywhere close to the rooms but the porter brings you around on a golf cart. So if you dont want to walk a lot this is not the place for you. The ocean view rooms have amazing views, the beach is clean and accessible. plenty of chairs on the beach. Food is another thing, not a lot of choices the chinese restaraunt is by reservations only. not much for vegetarians anywhere else. room service menu is limited.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank prtravel
gndgm, General Manager at Grenadian by Rex Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing our resort on your 3rd trip to Grenada and for posting a review. We are happy you had a comfortable stay but disappointed our food choices did not meet your expectation. Your concerns have been addressed with our head chef.

It was a pleasure having you and we do look forward to accommodating you on your next visit.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

On August 11th, 2017, I and my father were traveling together. I made a reservation on booking.com for a two-bed room. When we checked in, we were taken by golf cart to our room. There was one bed in the room. I told the gentleman who brought us up, that the room is incorrect and that I reserved two beds. He immediately went to the phone by the bed, and it did not operate correctly. He eventually spoke to someone at the reception desk and left out. We waited for approximately 50 minutes for a man to come to our room with a rolling bed. I was shocked. We spoke briefly and he stated that the hotel was full and that the reservation on their end did not show my specific request of two beds. He said, "we assumed your reservation was for a married couple, so we gave you the one-bed room". I pointed out to him that the phone was damaged and inoperable. He said no one could help at this time ( It was around 7:00 PM by this time). We waited another 15 minutes for house keeping to come and make the bed. My disabled father took the full-size bed, and I had to sleep on this fold out rolling bed. Later in the night before we laid our heads to pillows, We were subjected to the filthy rusty appliances and bathroom space. And there were no wash cloths to bathe our bodies. I was told that wash cloths are only provided by request.I called the desk repeatedly over the night using the last minutes of my cell phone. The house keeping staff did not provide wash cloths and towels until the next morning after I went down stairs in person again to request. This so called "resort" has a beautiful exterior, but very unkept and dated features. I was irked by it all. I eventually spoke to Ms. Arlene Marsh the general manager the morning of checkout. She was apologetic and offered me and my father complimentary breakfast. However, she stated that she was unable to reimburse or provide a refund because I booked through booking.com. I took my complaint to booking.com, and they said that it was the responsibility of Rex to meet the accommodations of the reservation and provide a refund. Aside from the nice dialogue between the staff at Rex, I was 100% dissatisfied with this expensive overnight stay. My expectations were not met at all. And no one ever came to check the broken phone in the room!!! Plus, the uncapped shower knob broke my nail.

Room Tip: this is not a resort
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
gndgm, General Manager at Grenadian by Rex Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Dear Heidi C,

On behalf of our team, I sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectation and for the inconvenience suffered during your short stay with us. The issues were raised with the departments concerned and the necessary corrective steps taken.

Thank you for choosing our resort; we trust you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you when next in our area.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

$90US for a day that ends at 6PM, all you can drink, buffet style breakfast, not very tasty, lunch buffet spread much better, but then that was only for 2 hours and the rest of the day you only had to choose from burgers or hot dogs.

Staff wasn't that great or friendly aside one guest services woman walking around once that day, and Rachel at the pool shop. She let me borrow a book and return to the desk after she had closed at 5PM.

The grounds were okay, not top shape, the pool was nice, but furniture stained a bit. Overall not terrible. It was quiet, but more family oriented. Non motorized water sports were included, and long stretch of beach but a lot of stuff in the water so you couldn't just walk into the ocean but for a few clear spots.

Room Tip: Day pass- okay
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Tamara N
gndgm, General Manager at Grenadian by Rex Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear Tamara,

It was a pleasure having you on a Day Pass.
Our day pass begins at 9:00 a.m. and ends at 6:00 p.m. and includes a full buffet breakfast, coffee/tea & pastry station in the court yard cafe from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. the grill opens from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m where you can get burgers, hot-dogs. Pizza is added from 2:30 p.m.
Our buffet lunch is served from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. and afternoon tea with sandwiches, cakes and cookies served in the Court Yard Cafe from 4:00 to 5:30 p.m.
Bar service is available all day from 10:00 a.m.
Thank you for choosing our hotel to spend your day.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

This was our first stay at the Rex despite visiting the island a number of times. The hotel is located literally 5 minutes by taxi (15 minutes walk). It is set in extensive gardens which is one of its main selling points, The gardens are laid out with frangipani, hibiscus with flamboyant and palm trees. In the middle is a pretty lake with islands and adjoining bridges. There are herons and other birds nesting there; iguanas are supposed to live by the lake though we did not see any. The gardens are well-maintained daily by an army of dedicated gardeners.
The main building is palladian in style and houses the reception, restaurants, offices some premium bedrooms.The bedrooms are divided into beachfront, seaview, lakeside and hillside (standard). We stayed in the hillview apartments as we didn't think it worth the upgrade for our needs. We were driven to our rooms in a buggy by John who arranged a lovely surprise for our anniversary - a bottle of champagne with two crossed flutes, The room had a king-size bed, with ample space in cane style drawers, wardrobe, table and chairs. The furnishings looked original i.e. looks dated - but not an issue really to us as it served its purpose. The room had a safe (key code), flat screen tv, a/c (effective), telephone, balcony (facing a hill though to the right are seaviews). The en suite bathroom has a walk-in shower and an extendable line to dry swimming clothes. I do have two criticisms of the room: first is the plumbing. The basin drained slowly also the shower controls were old and need updating. The second criticism is there were no mosquito screens on the windows (this appeared to be the case with all rooms). I think this is an essential requirement in the Caribbean even more so considering the lake. I always carry a mosquito net so I thought not an issue as having a facility to use one would have been a satisfactory alternative however there was no fitting at all. I carry a hanging kit that adapts to virtually all scenarios but was defeated here. I do believe this is an issue that needs to be urgently addressed (screens and/or simple fittings).
We had the all-inclusive option which we thought was excellent value. I should say here I note some negative reviews re all-inclusive option and I have to state this was not our experience and I honestly can't understand the comments. In order to support my review I have posted a number of photos and I invite people to view them and make their own judgement. Meals are served in a variety of restaurants: Cinnamon (breakfast/dinner), Spicer's/Grill (lunch/sometimes dinner), Courtyard (elevenses/tea) - you can virtually eat/drink all day. Meals are varied and include fish, meat, vegetables, carbohydrates and a variety of salads everyday as well as daily soups lunch/dinner (repeated weekly). As this was the Caribbean I made a conscious effort to use the opportunity to have fresh fish everyday e.g. snapper, marlin, mahi mahi, etc; also soup every lunch and dinner. I don't think puddings were as successful but to be fair warmer climates don't have that cultural tradition for pudding cooler climes have though there is obviously always fruit. Having said that the sweet potato pudding and the chocolate & peanut cake were sensational. I preferred a local breakfast e.g. fish, bakes, mangoes. We were really appreciative of all the restaurant staff especially the waitresses who were courteous, efficient and always welcoming - special mention to Deslyn.
The hotel has a well apportioned pool with loungers which is popular particularly for the 4 poster sunbeds and poolside bar. Spicer's/Spicer's Grill is adjacent and serves lunch particularly burgers, tuna steaks, chips, etc. We didn't use it though with the natural beauty of the beach.
The hotel is set on Magazine Beach - the smaller beach is used for watersports and has a sandy bottom so is ideal for swimming. The bigger beach has ample sun loungers, thatched sun shades and coconut palms. It extends all the way down to Pinguion (Pink Gin) Beach. Compared to Grand Anse it is relatively empty this is because Grand Anse is the major tourist hub with the concentration of hotels also Magazine has generally a rocky bottom (beach shoes recommended). So as well as having an empty beach to yourself Magazine is great for snorkeling - the fish swimming around your feet while paddling - the variety/colours of fish among the reefs is beautiful. We swam everyday - it was one of the highlights of our stay.
The hotel location means it does not have the atmosphere of Grand Anse hotels. Most of the guests appear to be short stay (for the airport), regional (from other parts of the Caribbean) and returners. Personally I like this because I feel it gives it a more genuine vibe. Though the hotel does appear, given its size, to be under capacity. I get the impression many guests are at a lost for things to do during the day - again no concern for us - and I think the hotel needs to consider this. There is a tour office and daily tours advertised also there is a taxi service into St George's for EC$20. We went into St George's by local bus which passes right outside the hotel - if you are experienced/adventurous enough. We did go a wonderful tour arranged by Charmaine (who was great) to the magnificent Mount Edgecombe plantation in St Mark's and I highly recommend speaking to her or contact her through reception. The hotel has an evening entertainment programme in the Tamarind bar which was unfortunately generally poorly attended. I feel this is a pity and perhaps could be made successful if promoted proactively such as the karaoke i.e. rather than just relying on advertising perhaps go among the guests during the day and advertise the event with perhaps a 1st prize. Or why not use the pool for aqua-aerobics or fun water polo competition, etc. There are alternatives locally at night short of going to St George's e.g. Dr Groom's, Dodgy Dock, Fantasia 2001 Morne Rouge, etc.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay, the simplicity and seclusion and thought it was good value for money. I hope the hotel can get up to capacity as we love the warmth of the Grenadian people. There are two types of hotel in the Caribbean - the luxurious and the local. We prefer the latter and whereas the Rex has its limitations we certainly plan to stay when we visit Grenada again.

Room Tip: If Hill view top floor furthest block to the right (has stairs but better sea view and ventilation)
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
14  Thank 777sirdon

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing our resort and for taking the time to post a detailed review.

Your comments on the plumbing and the mosquito screens have been noted and will be addressed.

It was a pleasure to be of service and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Grenada.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

The water is nice and clear but the room is the typical Caribbean mid price resort style. So you know, not luxurious or modern but comfy and good enough to sleep. They clean and make bed everyday. Kudos for that.

We stayed in mountain view room. It was fine. Nothing special. Not a type of room you can sit in the balcony and enjoy the view. From overall view and facilities, I somehow think it's not worth to pay extra for sea view but couldn't say that since I didn't try.

The hotel has all inclusive option and It's $60/p extra. We didn't go for it. I feel like this hotel is not made for all inclusive because they don't really have much things to do or any entertainment and limited choices of the restaurants. I guess the reason they offer all inclusive just to make it convenient to the guests because the hotel is isolated from the city or Grand Anse which most of the actions are over there. Plus there is nothing around. No grocery store or any stripe to walk outside. You shouldn't expect decent all inclusive here. It's just an option to make you're not staving yourself if you don't go out.

We were there 3 nights and rented a car to go around and we glad we did this. The hotel is close to airport but not for walking. We drove to eat out/ hang out in another luxurious resorts and local famous restaurants every day. Otherwise without a car, we probably stuck in the hotel and be bored. Most of the actions will be at Grand Anse. The rest of the country is all about mountains and cliff landscapes. Not much for beautiful beaches. Where the hotel is and Grand Anse are only all about it.

For guests who don't have a car, they have bus to go to Grand Anse and tours offering which will show on the bulletin board in front of the restaurant. They also have a car rental office and tour office but I always see no ones there. We talked with the tour organizing lady on the phone via front desk but didn't try any.

If you go to Grand Anse and enter the public area beach, the beach at the hotel is better in term of privacy and convenient. The water are the same but the beaches at hotel are more rocky. Just walk further to almost the end and you will be able to go in without stepping on any

This place is huge but nothing outstanding. The hotel is very very quiet. I quite not sure if this is good or bad because you can relax and no need to deal with party people but on the other hand, it loses some vibes and might be boring. I think it's too big and still they don't want to put everybody in same area even if seems like they have plenty of rooms available in each buildings because of the different prices between sea view and mountain view.

All in all, for the price I paid, I gave this 3 stars for mediocre level. Nothing very bad to complain much but still nothing very good to compliment either. Good enough to relax on the beach for getaways but not decent.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank Metira C
gndgm, General Manager at Grenadian by Rex Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear Metira C,

Thank you for choosing our resort for your recent visit to Grenada and for taking the time to post a detailed review.

Our Team enjoyed serving you and we look forward to the pleasure of doing so again on your next visit.