All reviews alton towers cherry tree car park double bed service station no tea making facilities service area an extra pillow petrol station hot drinks basic room great shower pub restaurant overnight stop short stay minute drive coffee machine
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a night before heading to Alton Towers.
Had already booked for a premier inn the following night, but the Same night at the premier in was well outside my budget
Founds the beds really uncomfortable, nothing in the room whatsoever.
Sink was in the room, a toilet that flexed on the stud walls.
Had a youth hostel feel to it.
Can’t comment on food, as I chose not to eat here.
Paid £2 less the following night for premier in, and got a full working order bathroom, amenities in the room, and a much more comfortable bed.

Nothing wrong with the hotel, however the pricing to me is wrong. I’d feel much better had I paid less to warren the difference in service.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
soph123, General Manager at ibis budget Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

Dear Matt G,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment here. We appreciate all feedback from our guests, please rest assured you matter will be addressed. We look forward to welcome you here again in the very near future,

Kind Regards,

Harpreet Kandola

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Great hotel clean basic rooms, comfy beds. No tea making facilities but available downstairs 24hr. Staff helpful and friendly. Location good with pub at other end if carpark for evening meals. Breakfast in hotel basic but good

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear VShinde,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback here. My team and I very much appreciate your kind words. We are glad we could have been part of your journey and we look forward to welcome you here in very near future.

Harpreet Kandola

Reviewed 17 May 2018

Stayed here for 2 nights in May 2018. My usual hotels were booked up but Ibis had rooms available for £60 a night with breakfast. My experience of this Ibis was better than expected. The property is located on a small services park off the A50 so easy to get to. The property doesnt do meals but there is plenty of choice on the service park. Reception staff were friendly on check in. They have duel roles of looking after reception and keeping the communal breakfast/coffee/seating area clean and stocked and did this well. Rooms are small but modern, shower was nice and the bed was comfy. My room was reasonably clean though i did remove a cobweb from one corner of the toilet room. There arent tea/coffee facilites in the rooms but there is a decent coffee machine and good selection of teas in the communal area, if you have breakfast in your rate you can use this for free throughout the stay. There's a well stocked snack and drinks fridge in reception and some basic toiletries you can buy as rooms only have bar of soap. Simple breakfast had good selection considering the small space with continental and a few hot items. My areas to improve would be: my room was over reception and the ladies were taking their breaks outside and smoking until 10pm, gossiping away and moaning so they should do this somewhere else out of earshot of guests. Theres a sign in room about reusing towels for the benefit of the environment. I left mine hung up to reuse but they were changed anyway so maybe the cleaners need to be fed this information. Remove the plastic single use cups from rooms and buy the thicker plastic washable cups to reduce plastic waste. Make the ceramic mugs for the drinks machine more visible so these get used instead of the single use paper cups, again to reduce waste.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Victoria Y
soph123, Manager at ibis budget Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2018

Dear Victoria Y,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Ibis Budget in Derby and also thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
We appreciate all feedback from our guests, please rest assured your matters will be addressed.
I am delighted to learn that your overall impression of the Hotel was quite positive. Thank you very much for your kind feedback on all aspects of your stay.
I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ibis Budget Derby again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

The staff were extremely helpful. We needed a one night stay with breakfast and didn't want to pay over the odds for things we didn't need. The rooms were small but were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was a great start to the day.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Lisa A,

Reviewed 14 May 2018

I had been up since 4am and it was too dangerous to drive so I pulled into the services and parked in the IBIS car park, where there were lot so spaces. I di not see the signs telling me I could not park unless I was a guest - there was nothing to obviously show it was the start of a different parking zone in the services. The car park is monitored by Parking eye and I have just received a very rude parking fine for £60 !!!!! And it says it is a reminder letter yet i have had no letter prior to this. There is no way to appeal as the appeals section of the parking eye funnily enough does not work! Really IBIS,please look at your policy here. Surely an hour stay is OK? I was 55 mins and I just had to have a sleep or I was likely to have a crash. Or, put a barrier up and let people know. I will never use IBIS again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
soph123, General Manager at ibis budget Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Dear 880rebeccalucy,

We are very sorry to hear about this bad experience. Please contact us and we will be more than happy to cancel this fine for you.

01283 701816