Birch Cottage
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Garve
See available hotels
Ben Wyvis Hotel(Strathpeffer)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsevening mealdecent sizeexcellent foodb bmarcrayaccommodationhillwalkinghighlandswestsceneryvillage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 September 2017

I had a lovely stay at Birch Cottage which I found to charming and very comfortable. It is under new management and the present owners are friendly and accommodating. The room I stayed in was large, the bed wonderfully comfortable, the bathroom a very decent size, Debby made breakfast the best meal of my day, and the garden is very pretty. All in all I got the best value for my money at Birch Cottage and I would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in or around Garve.

Stayed: August 2017
marc H, Owner at Birch Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thank you for your lovely kind words Valmaio - it was lovely having you stay with us.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

This little B&B is a definite recommendation. The rooms are nice and functional, the location is great, the bed was very comfy but the food...THE FOOD! Nearly a year has passed and we still talk about Ray´s excellent food! Chicken breast stuffed with haggis wrapped in bacon with a whisky sauce? oh yeah! there were other great options, my husband had a lovely piece of salmon with fresh homegrown veggies, but that stuffed chicken I will never forget.
The hosts are all round lovely people, very helpful and kind.
Couldn´t have wished for more.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KatMcNaney
Reviewed 27 August 2016

Didn't expect that you could have such a delicious meals. Dinner and breakfast were without comparison over the whole Scotland Tour. An absolute MUST HAVE if you come here.
Small drawback: Road outside is a little noisy.

Room Tip: Don't miss the Dinner!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Jochen M
Reviewed 23 July 2016

Absolutely Brilliant, Ray and Linda couldnt do enough for me, a lovely couple. Made me a packed lunch as I was leaving earlier than the breakfast time. The room was nice and clean and cosy. Food was amazing, Top restaurant quality! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank frankiecampbell
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Stayed here for 2 nights
Excellent chef Ray, reasonable prices, served well and no hurry.
Lovely couple to chat to, particularly Linda.
Very helpful in guiding us in what to do and see.
Tired bedroom & decor, but comfortable and homely.
Although there was free Wi fi you had to stand outside their house to receive it !!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple