Birch Cottage
US$122
US$79
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

Aultguish Bunkhouse Ltd(Garve)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$76
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$90/night.

Mackay's Hotel(Strathpeffer)
US$96
US$90
US$179
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsevening mealdecent sizeexcellent foodwonderful hostsmarcrayaccommodationhillwalkinghighlandswestsceneryvillage
Reviewed 4 March 2018

This was an unplanned stay as I got stuck in Garve late at night whilst travelling back to Edinburgh from a camping trip, due to an accident just outside the village. My wife booked me into Birch Cottage. Marc and Debbie were so welcoming and friendly. Although it was very late they had a room ready and gave me something to eat as I was tired, hungry and cold and hadn't eaten since lunchtime. The room was cosy and comfortable and the breakfast was great (full Scottish!). When I'm up in the north west for hillwalking/camping in the future I will definitely consider Birch Cottage as a place to break the journey home. Great B&B.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
marc H, Owner at Birch Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Thank you for the lovely review, we were so glad that we could be of assistance, it was nice meeting you.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Myself and a friend booked into Birch Cottage for a night whilst hillwalking in the area. I can't speak highly enough of Marc and Debbie who have just recently taken over the bed and breakfast cottages great people and lovely hosts. The accomodation is great and reasonably priced for two blokes who were exhausted from a day in the hills and I know Marc and Debbie have great plans for the future of the property. Debbie made our evening meal, lasagne or chicken with mushroom sauce, superb, and breakfast was equally good. The location is also great especially for local walks and Ben Wyvis including beautiful scenery. Not a lot more I can say, it was brilliant, and when they get a drinks licence it will be super brilliant.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
marc H, Owner at Birch Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Thank you ever so much for your glowing review, much appreciated. We really enjoyed your company and loved hearing about your adventures! Debs

Reviewed 9 September 2017

My husband and I used this as our first stop on North Coast 500 trip. Debbie and Marc have only recently taken it over but it didn't seem that way. Everything was great- our evening meal was lovely (big portions!) and lots of choice at breakfast. Older reviews say this place is tired but from speaking to them both, they have big plans! Our room was very comfortable and we had a good nights sleep. We would stay again!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
marc H, Owner at Birch Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Thank you for your lovely feedback Claire, we enjoyed meeting you both & hope you had a really good trip. Keep an eye on @CottageBirch for those refurbishments :)

Reviewed 5 September 2017

I had a lovely stay at Birch Cottage which I found to charming and very comfortable. It is under new management and the present owners are friendly and accommodating. The room I stayed in was large, the bed wonderfully comfortable, the bathroom a very decent size, Debby made breakfast the best meal of my day, and the garden is very pretty. All in all I got the best value for my money at Birch Cottage and I would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in or around Garve.

Stayed: August 2017
marc H, Owner at Birch Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thank you for your lovely kind words Valmaio - it was lovely having you stay with us.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

This little B&B is a definite recommendation. The rooms are nice and functional, the location is great, the bed was very comfy but the food...THE FOOD! Nearly a year has passed and we still talk about Ray´s excellent food! Chicken breast stuffed with haggis wrapped in bacon with a whisky sauce? oh yeah! there were other great options, my husband had a lovely piece of salmon with fresh homegrown veggies, but that stuffed chicken I will never forget.
The hosts are all round lovely people, very helpful and kind.
Couldn´t have wished for more.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple