“Costa Rican seafood served fast”

El Banco de los Mariscos
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Phone: 2269-9090
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

This is the Tico Seafood. This is why this placed is usually packed. Good quality, fair prices, fast service. Nothing fancy, but good taste. Try the mixed ceviche, the shrimp rice, the seafood soup. They have been serving this kind of food for more than 30 years, and it has become a tradition. This is how Ticos like seafood.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

I had visited this place many times before, but my latest visit (7-6-17) was a real flop! Couples came in as late as 20 minutes after us and they were all served before us. All side salads were flavorless and it seems to me they are abusing of the butter now... the jellyfish I ordered was swamped in butter, which killed all possible flavor in it. The price, as usual, was a little high, but it was never an issue since the food was worth it... A real shame they are letting their business go down like that .

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Good portions, nice price, great place. Good for children, dont like the chairs, mariscada really good

Reviewed 26 December 2016

This was my third visit in about 15 years. Each visit was less impressive than the last. The ceviche is as good as any and the de-boned fried fish as good as ever but I've decided over-pricing is the main reason why I won't be in a hurry to return. A lunch meal for 4 with ceviche starters and a large fish and seafood rice and fries to share came to almost USD100. Soft drinks and juices are not exactly cheap either. But if you want a reliable seafood fare with local twist, the place if worth a visit, at least once.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

Our taxi driver suggested the Banco de Mariscos to us. What a wonderful family restaurant in the heart of Santa Barbara.They served delicious seafood dishes in large portions and the service is extremely fast and efficient. My family and I went twice during our 5 day stay in Alajuela. We loved fish and shrimp cerviche, it was out of this world. The waiters and staff were so pleasant, in fact our UBER driver called the restaurant to get in touch with us and they found us right away.

The restaurant is very popular with the locals. The first time we visited, it was full inside the restaurant, so enjoyed our dinner on the wonderful terrace. This restaurant was one of the highlights during our time in Santa Barbara.