I booked a four day stay via telephone specifically requesting an air conditioned room and agreeing to pay an additional 6 euros per day for the same (an excessive and prolonged heatwave in Italy was in progress.) Even after setting the thermostatic controls at 5°, the single room remained suffocatingly hot. The following day, after complaining to staff, I was told that everything was functioning normally and that nothing could be done. I was also told that it was hotel policy to turn off their air cooling system between the hours of 9am and 2pm and referred to a 5" x 7" posting at the front desk stating as much and was told that I was at fault for complaining as it was my responsibility to have taken notice of the same when I checked in. Further complaints:
1) Fresh towels were not provided on a daily basis.
2) Sheets were not changed throughout our four night stay.
3) Rude and unhelpful front desk manager (overflowing with the sort of false sincerity that one encounters from religious bigots.)
4) WIFI that functioned badly or not at all.
5) A continental breakfast that included meat products unfit for consumption.
An horrendous experience to avoid at all cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only 100m from Trasimeno Lake in a panoramic location, the hotel is 4 km from Magione and 18 from Perugia.All the 48 guest rooms have en-suite bathrooms and balconies, telephone, TV, mini-bar and safe; some are air conditioned. Swimming pool and garden, parking, bar and restaurant. Lift. Wi fi free. Beach located at 200 mts. Bike rental ... more less