“Superb”

Les Battees
Les Battees
Ranked #2 of 2 Dennevy B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 March 2012

If you are a Vegan or Vegetarian who likes cycling or walks then there is no better place to stay in France.
Forget all the anxieties of finding understanding restaurants, the quality of Roy’s food is exceptional.
There are wonderful walks and all levels of cycling within easy reach in this beautiful part of France.
Enjoy!

Room Tip: Canals are beautiful to ride and walk.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 March 2012

We had the pleasure of spending our honney moon at Les Battees.
Les Battees is a lovely 19th century farm house that is sourronded by a relaxing orchard and fields. This is a good place to get away from the hussle and bussle of the town. Les Battees is located in the proximity of many lovely full of charachter towns, vineyards and chateaux. The beauty of Les Battees is in its simplicity and its food.
Being vegetarian, we were happy to have found such a treat in France. Roy offers wonderful table d'hotes, as well as a good breakfast with tasty home made jams.
Roy is great host and we would be glad to return to Les Battees in the future!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I have to say, I am a bit late with my review but had to do it since when I returned for the third time I really enjoyed my stay (again). But what really deserves to be mentioned, besides the clean and comfy rooms and the awesome food cooked by Roy, is Roy's hospitality. He really went out of the way to accommodate my siblings in order to enable our trip to the Bourgogne! All three of us had a great time and my brother, who is not a Veggie, really enjoyed the meals! I am sure I will be back again... Oh and by the way, I HIGHLY recommend to bring some of Roy's homemade jam and honey back - that way I had a bit of the Bourgogne to remember at breakfasts.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2011

As soon as Roy showed me my room, I knew I would like it because I could smell the fresh linens already... The property was a bit hard to find when u come from the direction of Beaune but people were very helpful and showed me the way (ask Roy in advance for directions...). The B&B is beautifully hidden and thus very quiet. The best part of my stay was however, the dinner cooked by Roy! Truly great! I immensely enjoyed the meal and the conversation with Roy. I returned within two weeks and will for sure return again...

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Miez
Reviewed 18 April 2011

Delicious home cooking, comfortable rooms and charming host. We recommend a longer stay rather than a simple overnight heading north or south.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family

Been to Les Battees? Share your experiences!