See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 August 2015

Les Battées is a place where you can go for a walk, visit a chateau and eat great food. The rooms are very nice and furnished in style. If asked in advance, you can have vegetarian, vegan or even gluten-free dinner of 3 courses + aperitif and tea/coffee. I really appreciated this because looking for a restaurant where I could eat for 23 euros and have vegetarian + gluten-free meal is impossible in the area. Moreover, having the dinner with the owner and other guests was a very pleasant bonus.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Lulichen13
Reviewed 21 April 2015

We booked to stay here on our way down to the Alps with our 20 month son.

They say that owners resemble their dogs, in this case the owner resembles the accommodation, charming and a little bit quirky. Roy, the owner was a delightful host who welcomed us with an effusive greeting on arrival (especially after I had to call him as I was lost - his directions were excellent, my navigational skills weren't!).

The B&B, based in a former wine warehouse looks rustic from the outside but the inside is furnished to a high standard throughout, with a superb modern en suite bathroom.

The food was some of the best I have eaten at a chambre d'hote, all vegetarian, but don't let that put you off, with cooking this good, the lack of meat for even the most hardened carnivores wouldn't be an issue.

This was a really super place to stay, made even better by the warm welcome and stunning evening meal. Definitely one to recommend - we really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank ToscatheCat
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Les Battees is a vegetarian b&b / chambre d'hote in Burgundy, and it is very good indeed! The rooms are in an old farmhouse, large, polished wooden floors, very quiet and peaceful. Comfortable bed. Food is excellent - Roy, the owner, does an evening 3-course dinner (+ aperitifs) - always vegetarian - and he is an excellent cook. In the three nights we stayed we had a camembert, celeriac & prune quiche with potatoes and beans, a haricot bean + vegetable cobbler (v light scones), and a goats cheese & pepper tart. Great place to stay, convenient for visiting Beaune, Dijon, Autun (perfect if you like wine and old churches...).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank S-in-Edinburgh
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Wow...Roy can cook!!!! The B&B was lovely, a real hidden gem in a beautiful area, but it was the homecooked meal that really makes this place special! Even my devotedly carnivorous boyfriend loved the vegetarian feast we had at Les Battees. We caught the train to Beaune one day too - great day out and a fab little journey! Our room at the B&B was lovely, spacious, clean and comfortable; the terrace was great; and the setting was like a little French rural wilderness retreat!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2013

The house is an interesting old building and the bedroom was clean with a modern bathroom attached. It was easy to find; not far from a junction with the A6 and is set in a lovely region, Autun is well worth a visit. On the negative side it was fairly spartan and the food was mediocre, although vegans were catered for.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
enantiomorph, Propriétaire at Les Battees, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

I am sorry my client did not enjoy his food. For balance I refer the reader to the other reviews.