“Michael byrne”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

After a most picturesque drive from our villa in guiglia we found il forte in sestola. It was another little gem, with brilliant location, great food and service. Pasta choices were numerous and the best we have tasted in Italy. Other choices excellent but the wine selection was small for vino Blanca, but the local very adequate.

1  Thank m0siej

Reviewed 26 September 2016

We ate here as a last-minute decision and I'm so glad we did! The food was great, as was the service. It's a charming place, and in a lovely location right in the heart of Sestola, overlooking some really pretty historic buildings. Even with some wine, I thought the prices were OK, especially considering the quality.

Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

The ambience is nice (they even have a flat tv looping old black and white pics of the city and some local landmarks) and so was the service
The "crostini misti" croûtons with mushrooms, speck, cherry tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese were very tasty
However my fettuccine with local seasonal mushrooms did not cut it. The habdmade pasta was very good but the sauce was not very tasty.
I also wanted to order roast beef with roasted potatoes first because both are two dishes usually underestimated while I think they can easily range from awful to great and for the roast beef while a good piece of meat is easy to find around here, the sauce in my opinion is what makes it or breaks it
The roasted potatoes were cut super small in size but very tasty while the roast beef was good meat but with no sauce at all, on a bed of lettuce (!!)
I had apple crumble for dessert and that was very good

Reviewed 17 July 2015

Nice surprise when we got to have dinner at this restaurant: the inside is perfectly decorated, nice taste on every wall, and the outside has a magnificent view of the mountains and the watch-bell tower.

The meal we choose was a two course dinner, starting with a well made pasta dish (pappardelle and spaghetti) with two different sauces which were excellent. Then for second course we choose the roast beef and beef filet with saute porcini mushrooms.

The wine we tried was a house white which was perfect for the first pasta course, and with it's acidity survived the beef second dishes.
All in all the experience was good, the price was on average which means a good quality/price ratio. I would return if I get the chance.

1  Thank Porthos C
Reviewed 25 May 2015 via mobile

In a rush to escape the rain on a cold Saturday afternoon, we ended up stumbling upon this Italian oasis. We were greeted by a friendly waitress who did well to communicate the basics to us in English and made us feel welcome. What we didn't expect was to eat the best pasta of not only our entire Italy trip but perhaps the best pasta we had ever eaten!

Not only was the food superb, but the cappuccino was delicious and the gratis ice cream left us just completely blown away.

If you are ever in sestola you'd be missing out greatly not to pop in and enjoy this warm and modern ristorante.

I wish I could give it a 6 out of 5!

1  Thank Cameron S