Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews yoga and meditation doctors and therapists deluxe cottage wonderful place to relax and unwind herbal water special diet weight loss body and soul blissful experience big waves biggest compliment natural medicine surrounded by palm trees beautiful environment small hill direct access to the beach ayurveda centre
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 June 2016

The most romantic place ever we have been. Everything is just so beautiful full of love and beauty. We loved every moment of our life we spent there. We were there for two weeks and wanna go again. Somebody told us that in pictures it doesnt look at all what it should be but you have to be there to feel the beauty and its so true. I cant thank enough the staff they were very welcoming and extremely helpful. They upgraded our room for two nights for my boyfriend's birthday. We met there for the first time and Somatheeram gave us most loveable memories...The food, nature, hygeine everything is too good. I would recommend this place to all.....

Date of stay: October 2015
1  Thank Jashpree
SomatheeramAyurveda, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Somatheeram Ayurvedic Health Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2016

Dear Jashpree,

thank you for the good words! It was a pleasure for us, to accommodate you and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Kind regards,
Your Somatheeram-Team!

Reviewed 5 April 2016

I visited somatheeram ayruvedic health resort for two weeks and it was by all means the best.
Every single positive comment you read in other reviews are so true! The place is very clean, friendly , beautiful, relaxing, doctors and therapists are efficient, yoga and meditation classes are the best, food is delicious ....etc
I noticed there are different room categories...I stayed in the special cottage with air conditioning which I am glad I did cause the weather was humid at the time of my visit. The resort is doing some renovations and I think for the better for sure.
My only comment is that some of the treatment rooms needs renovations and as I've seen they are already building new treatment rooms over looking the ocean.
I insisted on my last day to try the treatment rooms for the men which overlooks the ocean and I was really thrilled about it. My next visit I will hopefully get either the new ones they are building overlooking the ocean or the MEN treatment rooms
Any way in conclusion , this is the right place for ayruvedic treatments and I will definitely visit again and again.
P.s. Forgot to mention that I also lost 4 kg in two weeks and lost another 2 the following week back home

Room tip: Choose a special cottage at least for an a/c just in case the weather is very humid and preferably with sea view
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Jaylantayeh
SomatheeramAyurveda, Manager at Somatheeram Ayurvedic Health Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2016

Dear Jaylantayeh,

thank you very much for your review! We are very happy that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed your time in our resort!
We appreciate your feedback and we are going to renovate all our treatment rooms during May and June this year! Afterwards, you definitely have to come back and experience the new changes!
We are also glad to hear that the Ayurverdic treatments showed further effects at home!

In behalf of the entire Somatheeram Team, we wish you a wonderful time back home and hope to welcome you again in Somatheeram Ayurvedic Health Resort!

Reviewed 26 March 2016

The reception at Somatheeram is horrible. I would say it is unorgansied, but this word doesn't describe it enough. The people at reception are just not able to do anything. There was supposed to be a car service between Somatheeram and Samana, but the reception was unable to organise a car. Whenever I had a question, I had to repeat several times, as they just don't understand anything (me: I would like to know at what day I can make the city tour... reception: you can do the backwaters tour on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.. me: not backwaters, city tour.. reception: let me check with my colleague... ok, so my colleague also said that you can do the backwaters tour on Mo, Wed and Fri.. ??)
Whenever you finally manage to make them understand what you want, they will tell you that they don't know and have to ask someone. They tell you: come back at that time. By the time you come back, there are either different people at reception, who of course have no idea about your issue (why should you talk to your colleagues when there is a shift change?) or there are still the same people who in the meantime have forgotten about your issue and anyway didn't do anything in that matter. So you end up going five times there for every problem you have. Before my checkout three different shifts (!) told me I have to pay my bill for drinks I never drank or ordered. They couldn't give me a receipt that I ordered (you always have to sign a paper when you buy something there), but insisted that I have to pay. Three different times I had to argue with them about that. One shift (the man with curly hair and glasses who takes the evening shift) even wanted me to pay for the use of the swimming pool, even though it is for free. It's horrible and I will definitely not come back.

Room tip: Cottages on the top of the hill closer to spa, restaurant etc.
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
11  Thank islenska2016
Reviewed 21 March 2016

I went on the one month immunisation programme at the Somatheeram Ayurvedic Health Resort (not to be confused with the very similar sounding hotel resort next door). As a result, a problem with my hip has been completely sorted, I lost five kilos (and wasn't even on the slimming programme) and feel very balanced and much more informed about diet, exercise and the philiosophy and understanding behind Ayurveda. I particularly enjoyed the pranayama (breathing) yoga at dawn every day, relaxing in the swimming pool with fresh coconut juice, more traditional yoga for an hour and a half before lunch, daily consultations with the doctor and an hour and a half treatment every day. The food was delicious and we were given lots of advice on the right combinations for us.

Don't expect the massages to be as in the west. They range from full body massages with a lot of herbal oil, to herbal 'baths' to being pounded with pouches, to oil baths, to the rice pudding treatment or 'cleopatra' baths with milk. Then there is the purgation day (or night) and possibly some enemas. I.e. expect treatments rather than always relaxing massages!

The weight disappeared automatically with the lifestyle there. Actually I wouldn't recommend the slimming diet quite so much as sometimes it looked a little uninteresting compared with the range of foods I was eating. Everyone was able to lose weight during the month whatever programme they were on.

I was there in Feb/March and it became very very hot in March, so I wished I'd chosen a 'special cottage' with air con. Fans didn't always reduce the heat enough. However, the standard cottages are fine and would be at the less hot times of the year.

Bring some extra money with you for tips. I'd say about £50 for a two week stay, as these are very much appreciated by the staff.

And if you like shopping, then you're in for a treat in terms of clothes, pictures, jewellery etc. There's lots in Trivandrum although we particularly liked FabIndia - more expensive than most places but top quality crafted goods.

We enjoyed the backwaters trip and also one to the Neyyar Dam, but try to get to the latter before 9 when the elephants are being washed. And check in case you want to book a boat ride to see the lions (yes lions!) - as this may need to be booked the day before.

All in all, a great break and highly recommended. And did I say how friendly and helpful the staff were, from the receptionists, to the restaurant, to the yoga teachers, cleaners, gardeners, and lifeguards? Highly recommended, although we might come at a slightly cooler time next time.

Date of stay: February 2016
4  Thank Frances E
Reviewed 7 March 2016

- Maily Frequented by Foreigners only, very less Indians stay may be because they don't advertise themselves within India
- Superb Food from Veg Steamed Food to Fresh Fish cooked for the Dinner
- Excellent Sea View from Cottages
- The Massages are Out of the World Experience
- Clean Beach just Few stairs Down
- Must Visit Beach in Morning when Fishermen come with catch of the day
- A Must Experience

Room tip: Cottages with Sea View are Best
Date of stay: September 2015