Dukes Place(El Cove)
Agoda.com
All reviewsmaster suitegolf carexplore the islandarmandomuleshostsnoisebeachesscootertours
Reviewed 1 May 2017

I stayed in this hotel, in the main suite.

The problems began:

+ The room is very big and nice
+ The owners are friendly.

-The variety of breakfasts is very poor. Only one or two options.
-If you ask the waitresses to prepare something, they do not like it and make you feel bad.
-The hotel is very retired from EVERYTHING. If you are going to go out at night, or going downtown is difficult to return. Or you would expect a taxi costing 15USD or a bus that runs every 30 minutes.
-There are no beaches nearby to swim, they are lies.
-The jacuzzi in the main room is very bad neat, and full of mosquitoes. We do not use it after acquiring a skin allergy.
-If you're not a foreigner they do not treat you very well, it's a fact.
-we pay USD 185 per night. Never again. Please go to MS San Luis Village, Decameron San Luis, a lot better, better location, instalation, and two true hotels. I feel cheated with my money....pay too much for little service, ...

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Juan L
Reviewed 6 April 2017

Spent a weekend with my girlfriend, The owners will personally welcome you to the hotel and give you great recommendations. They are co owners of the best restaurants in the island, making it a lot easier for reservations. Food is really good too. Rooms are not that big but it doesn´t matter because they are properly distributed. Bathroom is prefectly clean ( my gf was really happy about this ). The hotel is located in the south aerea of the island, you won´t be as close to the center as some people may want t; nevertheless there are plenty of transportation arangements they will help you with.

Room Tip: Make your reservation with enough time
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicolas C
Reviewed 17 March 2017

What can I say I simply adore this place! Casa Las Palmas was my home away from home during my stay on San Andres Island! From the minute I got there I was greeted warmly by my hosts and throughout the stay they went out of their way to make me comfortable, set up any activities I needed and make me feel like part of their family!

I stayed in two different rooms during my stay and both were absolutely lovely, both modern and comfortable and tastefully decorated. The staff is warm and helpful and on one night Armando and Gloria (hosts) cooked the best paella I have ever eaten!

While some may feel the property is far from the city center I feel it's located on the best part of the island,(and I biked the entire thing for 12 days so I feel confident in this statement), because it's super close to the best beaches and the best diving spots. And if you want the clubs or the busy El Centro they will call you a cab or they will set you up with a the mules everyone drives or a scooter. I opted to use a bicycle but that's just me!

Anyways if you want personal touch with comfort and class stay at this place!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank shoshie_9
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Perfect stay! The hosts are so helpful, the food is so delicious ( breakfast is free, but you can order dinner as well), the pool area is so relaxing, the house is so beautiful. PERFECTION!! It's such a relaxing place with beautiful decor - native art and awesome palm trees and plants. Ask them to organize a taxi to pick you up from airport and then go straight to the hotel and hit the pool! The hosts are super knowledgeable about all that San Andrea has to offer, so let them know what you're interested in. I wanted and that's what I found. Couldn't have been better.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank citycountry
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Best ever!! Magnificent hosts/ rooms/everything!!! Loved staying there and wish I could live there forever! Highly recommended if you want luxurious San Andrés....forever grateful to hosts and ...their restaurant!!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo