“5+ years of Steak Nights, and NO disappointments. 100% perfection.”
Review of Royal Oak

Royal Oak
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Westwood
Price range: US$4 - US$41
Description: The Royal Oak Since starting our food venture back in mid 2018 our chefs and owners have pushed the business to new heights, new opening hours and new menu consisting of wonderful local pub food, a Signature Ploughman's lunch and more! Steak night happens every last Thursday of the month, Serving fresh British beef steaks from 8oz to 32oz. Sunday Roasts have become a staple of the Royal Oak and consistently delivering the best roast around using locally sourced ingredients. The pub had a new refurb in May 2019 and now has a contemporary feel and modern country twist. With Bi-folding doors to the rear of the building it really opens up the magnificent views to the countryside especially in those gorgeous summer months. Block paving to the front in black and red really lifts the picturesque traditional country pub. The Royal Oak Westwood is certainly not a place to be missed.
Reviewed 25 September 2020

The food at this place gets better and better over time, especially ever since Nathan & Stacey completely took over the kitchen. I get value for money every single time I eat here, and I've been a regular Steak Night customer for over 5 years.

Staff/servers are always friendly, helpful and in good spirits.
The pub always has a relaxed and cozy atmosphere.
Unlike most other places, they never make you wait too long for your meal.
As for the most important part, the food is always perfect.
No complaints whatsover. There's no better place for a steak!

I would also like to add that my 80-year-old Nana claims that the Royal Oak served her "the best scampi she's ever had"!!
My mother and I parrot this opinion about their onion rings.

No matter what it is, in our experience they've given us the best possible version.
Eat at the Oak, you won't regret it. Satisfaction every single time.

1  Thank 4zacharyr
Write a reviewReviews (62)

Reviewed 5 September 2020

Great little stop on our travels. Very welcoming staff and lovely clean and cosy pub. With a visit if you are out and about. Food lovely home cooked. 10 out of 10 for me.

1  Thank Stephen T
Reviewed 3 September 2020 via mobile

Not been for months so tonight was a real treat, two 12oz Ribeye steaks and a bottle of wine £35 , cooked to perfection, Once again can’t fault this little place,excellent food from Nathan,Stacey ,Laura xx Thanks

1  Thank boxerdog7890
Reviewed 28 August 2020 via mobile

I had a beef pressed burger n it was really tasty. The decore was grate ill be rebooking soon. Best food iv eaten in a very long time.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 27 August 2020

Having seen the reviews on Trip Advisor my pal and I had lunch to try out the Royal Oak, and what a fine time we had!
The decor is light, comfortable and modern, and we were looked after with great charm and courtesy by Laura, daughter of the owner. Laura told us that fish and chips is a popular choice, so that's what we had, and my word it was excellent. The menu is varied and will accomodate every reasonable taste, and the quality superb. I have no hesitation in awarding five stars.
We booked again immediately for lunch next week, and I'm looking forward to recommending this gem of a pub to all my friends.
Don't just sit there whittling on about Covid; get down to Westwood and start living again!

Date of visit: August 2020