All reviewsmain buildingpleasureinteriorcastlestyle
Reviewed 23 June 2017

This hotel put itself on airs and we actually don't see any reason they should.

Common areas are over decorated, full of furniture pretending to be fancy and antique, but are just old and tacky. But anyway this could depend on one's personal taste.

Then the room. Small, very small, hot as you cannot imagine (almost impossible to sleep, and outside temperature was only 20°) and the bed and pillows uncomfortable as I never found before.

The breakfast. Poor and absolutely overpriced. It is only worth it because you have absolutely none other option in sourranding area. But it is poor, very poor, with almost not variety and when something just run out of stock, the time to make it available again is loooooong ...

The service. We saw few people but only talked to two persons: the guy who gave us the key of the room (the restaurant's waiter), who was kind but told us where was the room and nothing more. And last day some lady in administration. Do you know when someone is smiling you but what you feel is actually a crude rudeness? That was my feeling. She wasn't impolite and always with a wide smile, but all I could feel was rudeness and airs. It was uncomfortable and disgusting. And we didn't see the cleaning people, but we did see the same dead clothes moth in the floor of the room for the whole three days.

The environment. Wonderful. The surrounding forests and the garden. The garden is so so beautiful and peaceful, I could stay there for days just wandering. Sadly our room was one of the very few facing some inside patio despite the hotel seemed to have plenty of free rooms. And the only one without a garden table in the little terrace.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over the garden
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Located near attractions such as the Kronborg and Frederiksborg Castle. More or less every room were decorated for Christmas, too mush for my taste! The style is old fashion regarding the interior, but I guess it fit the desired style.
Participating in a seminar at the place we had the pleasure to eat lunch (therefor I do not know the price of food). Food were ok, a lunch buffet, fresh and well prepared. Friendly observant service. Lovely outdoor environment
The castle was completed in 1914 and built by a so-called "goulash baron", a man who knew how to make money as a merchant in World War One delivering food to the belligerents countries.
Overall a good experience.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
6  Thank springbank
Reviewed 13 October 2016

I have been there in June 2015, but I guess it hasn't changed that much by now. We went there with a voucher - got a good deal via a package dealer. We had included a dinner and a breakfast - was totally worth it. We came by car and it took 1h. As the time of visit was June everything was green and their enormous backyard was full of flowers. The interior of the restaurant reminds a lot of a castle, however there are indeed 2 types of rooms - one belonging to the old looking building (where I slept but which quality of room was actually pretty good) and the other one looking like a real castle- room. The food in the restaurant was delicious and the 5 course meal was more than filling...
I would def come back there if the opportunity arises.

Room Tip: The view towards the backyard is lovely
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2016

Even if this is promoted as a castle hotel, the main building is quite small and has limited rooms. Instead most of the rooms are in a connected building - most likely constructed in the 1980's. Be aware that the beds are not double size and the pillow is extremely small, so bring your own. The food is fantastic, so order the 5-course menu and the wine menu.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2015

arrived in the afternoon lovely sunny day , we could sit on the balcony and drink aglass of wine present from the hotel .... enjoyed dinner good food and service ..
In all a pleasent stay , a birthday present from my husband ,,,,,, will go again ,,,,,, Margaret

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple