Lowest prices for your stay
US$419
Trip.com
US$384
US$375
Hotels.comUS$375
Preferred HotelsUS$454
eDreamsUS$419
All reviews bedroom pool suite kamala beach personal chef thai food villa staff infinity pool guest experience the general manager spa treatments shuttle service silk luxury gym phuket buggy khun asia
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We went as a family for a 4day vacay in their 2 bedroom Villa. The Lobby is so grand and very cozy, the staff were all very warm and service is impeccable! The Villa is awesome, high end to every detail even in their bathrooms, top brands for kitchen appliances, complete kitchen cutlery, supplies.. everything! It's like you can live there. The Main pool is totally relaxing, ambience everywhere you go is breathtaking. I have so much praises for this resort, the only thing that frustrated me a bit was the beach... this resort is not beach front, but they provided the service to go to their beach. But everything else... amazing and Indeed LUXURIOUS!

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Daniel M, General Manager at Andara Resort and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Thank you very much for your review of our resort. We are very pleased your stay was enjoyable, and everything was to your liking. We understand as a resort not having access to the beach directly can be a bit problematic (there are no private beaches in Thailand and only a few resorts/hotels that are built where they have direct access to beaches). We are glad however our complimentary shuttle service delivered you to our Beach Lounge or Beach Club. Best regards, Daniel Meury, General Manager.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

Unfortunately, my fiance and I will not be getting married at Andara because we could not arrange a trip for our family members from SC to Thailand. However, I completed just about all of the planning for the wedding through emails with Andara's Business Development Executive, Mod.

I was thoroughly impressed with Mod's professionalism and attention to detail. She was accomodating of my every need and my many many questions. Mod was extremely flexible. I never received an email response more than 24 hours later. The ease of planning a wedding from across the world made the experience very enjoyable. I also felt a trust for Mod. Every document she sent me was detailed and professional (everything from floor plans for the villas to profiles for the wedding officiants). I can't speak to the success of an actual wedding day, but I felt confident that every detail was covered and that Mod truly cared about making our wedding day perfect and memorable.

Date of stay: August 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your glowing report about our Business Development Exec K Mod and her efficiency and effort in helping you with wedding plans! Even though you did not get to Andara for your wedding we certainly look forward to welcoming you some time in the near future. Best regards, Daniel Meury, General Manager

Reviewed 15 September 2012

Being a repeated client and Phuket addict , the island has no secrets for me !
I have made almost all the said best 5 stars of the island and I can confirm that I never found a better place , better atmosphere than in Andara
The hotel is just the best place you can go and enjoy a relaxing time
The staff is great and the service is up to expectation within 5 stars hotels , which is not the case for some of the said best hotels in Phuket
The food is also great and no chance to be disappointed on any points
The rooms are beautiful and generous
The spa has the best therapist I have ever found in Thailand
The beautiful beach of Kamala is just 5 minutes away from the hotel and the beach staff will take of you as you are the only VIP guest on the beach
More I go to this place more I want to be retired there !
In conclusion just go there and enjoy life !

Room tip: For fair budget choose the penthouse suite with beautiful pool on the top of the room with sea view For no limit budget just book the Villas ! Generous sea view villas , with pool and staff
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Daniel M, General Manager at Andara Resort and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

Thank you for your great review. We are so pleased firstly that you are a return guest, and we had the opportunity to welcome you back, and it seems you really know how to enjoy your holiday and enjoy life...we salute you. We do hope you will return again, and look forward to welcoming you. Best regards, Daniel Meury, General Manager.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

We have started our two week holiday in Phuket with a 3 night stay in a one bedroom pool room at the magnificent Andara Resort in Kamal Beach, Phuket, travelling with our 10 month baby (now celebrity - the Thai's love him!!) We absolutely want to give this place 6 stars - it is outstandingly breath taking whilst at the same time genuinely welcoming. Having travelled extensively but also acknowledging that people come to Phuket because of its affordable luxury, we feel comfortable in saying it is the best place that we have stayed in.

Airport pick up by hotel driver was seamless having arrived at 9.30pm from Sydney, we were shown our room. The obligatory room tour was both ongoing and necessary. The kitchen is magnificent and fully equipped (twin ovens). The dining and living area is huge (table for 8). The bedroom makes you want to sell your house and move here. Huge flatscreen and Bose sound system in both living area and bedroom. Bathroom off the living room and ensuite (with massive bath) come with every amenities needed. Huge sliding doors from the living area allow you to choose if you want to relax on any of 4 lounges - in or outside on the deck. The four sun lounges allow you to choose you best sun baking angle during the day.

The private infinity pool requires you to forget where your swimsuits are. It is also large enough to do mini laps (larger than the private pools at Likuliki in Fiji for example, more like Villa Kubu in Bali). To further blow your mind, the pool and deck over looks the uncrowded Kamala Beach, around 10 minutes taxi ride north of Patong..

Anadara has a shuttle that takes you any time of the day to their beach club. Yes it is a public beach, but the towels, water, sun lounges and facilities are for guests only. There is a child minding service (we didn't use it), free Wifi (read our 50 odd other reviews - charging for Wifi is like charging for air). It has a fully equipped gym and tennis court (which we didn't consider using in paradise), large hotel pool and a fantastic pool bar (happy hour from 4pm to 6pm). The Andara spa is also superb.

Service is well documented on Tripadvisor - it is wonderful. The food at Silk restaurant (breakfast and dinner) is so good it gives you another excuse to not leave during your stay (and wish you are never leaving)!!

So what would we change if we owned the resort - block our curtains in the bedroom. Now we are being picky....

Room tip: Try booking through Jetsetter or one of the discounter companies to get 50% off.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank WheresDuke

Thank you for your great review...truly appreciated all that you mentioned from airport pick up (after flight arrival from Sydney), to being introduced to your residence, and with your 10 month accompanying you; we are so pleased you were able to venture to our beach club, especially given it isn't the best time of year for pleasant beaches, but that you were able to indulge in other things certainly was great to hear. And we are pleased you indulged in our spa and enjoyed Andara happy hour by the poolside. We do hope you will return, and we look forward to welcoming you back. Best regards, Daniel Meury, General Manager.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

This is one of top exclusive properties in Phuket - the perfect getaway if one is looking for a sense of space and tranquility, great panoramic views, excellent cuisine and warm Thai hospitality. We were a group of friends including a kid and everyone had a fabulous time. We stayed in most of the time and at no point did we feel the need to step out of the expansive space and facilities that the villa offers (think large infinity pool overlooking whole of Kamala bay - one could never get tired of this amazing view; entertainment room which includes a pool table, private gym and spa room, huge living rooms, private sala, BBQ areas, etc). The only time we headed out was because we had booked the resort's Celebrity Yacht - which was another gem. Totally worth it - the only thing we would have changed is to have booked it for a whole day instead of half!

I am from the luxury travel industry myself and travel extensively throughout the year - this is indeed one of the top properties I have seen. For me, Andara's top unique points are its great views and the fact that the resort is set amidst lush greenery, providing a great sense of space and privacy. Compared to the other luxurious counterparts in Phuket, Andara's accommodation (both the suites and villas), as well as public places are very well maintained and of high quality finishing.

Location is also ideal as it is just a short drive to touristy areas like Patong, Karon, Kata, as well as Surin.

I would certainly recommend this property be it for a couple's romantic weekend, or a retreat with family and friends.

We will be back!

Room tip: We had villa number 9, which has four bedrooms and one of the most spectacular views one could ask for....
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank I_Langlois

We thank you for your review. We are so glad you were able to truly experience Andara on land and by sea as you took the opportunity to charter one of our yachts; certainly a bonus for anyone visiting us. We do look forward to your return visit. Warmest regards, Daniel Meury, General Manager