Lowest prices for your stay
US$171
US$180
Destinia.com
US$156
PricelineUS$173
Hotels.comUS$173
Lol.travelUS$187
1,187 results
All reviews swim up bar costa rica happy hour breakfast was included standard room lounge chairs family suite small hotel del sol dark sand overlooking the beach grounds are beautiful beachfront hotel the entire staff hotel restaurant off the beaten path pura vida
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 August 2019 via mobile

From when we first arrived through to check out, staff were smiley, welcoming and friendly, particularly Alexandria: always with a warm smile and greeting. The management should put her in charge of customer services, really. On our first day our son left his earphones on a beach sunbed at sunset and as we later returned from searching for it with a torch, the grounds keeper who puts the sunbeds away walked up to us smiling with the earphones to return to US: sums it up! Superb location on beautiful Potrero Bay, totally laid-back feel to the place, days spent lounging on sunbeds in the shade of tree cannopy, swimming in sea and pool, and you can pop to the neighbouring Costa Rica Sailing Centre to hire an RS sailing dinghy or be taken out for a trip/lesson, or to the dive centre and arrange a dive or snorkeling trip: what more could you want!. Food at hotel is good but there are plenty of options nearby, particularly recommend El Castillo for excellent food, friendly service and laid-back ambience. Sunsets on Potrero beach on which the hotel is directly set are amazing. I suspect this will be the highlight of our three week trip round Costa Rica and I know I will be back. Pura Vida Mae!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank pjsjones
Reviewed 25 August 2019

We’ve just come back from a week at this lovely hotel. There are good points and bad. The managers are accommodating and lovely. There were a few waiting on staff, the majority of which were silent, surly and slow. There was one fabulous waitress, Alexandra, who was consistently cheerful and helpful. The hotel grounds and pool are very very pretty. The deluxe rooms are fabulous. The view and surrounding beaches are amazing. You must explore! The family rooms are basic and lack any luxury feel and actually a bit tired and grubby. The bed is also not a king or super king. It’s a standard double... we had originally booked the family suite and were unhappy and the managers were so helpful in finding a solution.

I would definitely recommend this hotel ... the hotel should look into developing luxury family suites and rooms. shout out to the ground staff and housekeeping who were also lovely.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2019

Beautiful setting right on the beach with truly awesome sunset. An amazing, large and comfortable room, including the bath sitting in the corner of the bedroom! Very clean. Staff were all very helpful, particularly Alexandra and Maybelline.

Room tip: Superior room facing the garden
Reviewed 15 August 2019

A review to call out this small hotel on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica, in Guanacaste. Very relaxed vibe, lovely lush grounds and a great view for sunsets. Rooms were big and amenities good. Food also pretty good. A couple of the wait staff were very moody and sullen but it was more than compensated for by three exceptional staff members in the restaurant: Alexandra, Jean and Maricela.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2019

This hotel was exactly what me and my family needed after a hectic few days of traveling. We were greeted with a warm, genuine welcome when we had arrived; the staff all had huge smiles on their faces. At the front desk, we were offered a non alcoholic welcome beverage. A fruit drink, I forgot what fruit exactly but delicious nevertheless. We were escorted to our room by my new best friend Marcello, he was SO helpful during our entire stay and went out of his way to ensure me and my family had an exquisite experience. The rooms we stayed in were spacious and clean, the property is simply stunning. The main reason why I fell in love with this hotel though is the location. Playa Flamingo is a few minutes up the road and while it is also quite nice, it is very touristy. This location is super low key and has the feeling of having your own private beach. I miss this hotel and the staff. I will be returning.

Date of stay: June 2019