4 people are viewing this hotel
US$173
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$177
Trip.com
US$141
Hotels.comUS$177
PricelineUS$173
Lol.travelUS$193
1,187 results
All reviews swim up bar costa rica happy hour breakfast was included standard room lounge chairs family suite small hotel del sol dark sand overlooking the beach grounds are beautiful beachfront hotel the entire staff hotel restaurant off the beaten path pura vida
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 June 2021 via mobile

Excellent service, great breakfast. Super attentive team. They helped us get a car service to nearby towns, also set up the required COVID test before our return. The massage was fantastic! We had the superior room and it was clean and pretty nice! Súper comfy beds. The drinks by the pool are amazing! Servers where super nice, specially Heiner.

Room tip: Breakfast is great! Tips your servers!
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank CatalinaB249
Reviewed 30 May 2021 via mobile

I want to give Bahia a higher rating, but as I am sitting in my room battling a bug infestation, I cannot in all honesty give this hotel a higher rating. We have had our room sprayed with bug spray twice in the 5 days we have been here. While I am certainly aware that we are in a tropical climate surrounded by varying plants, insects, etc, it is unacceptable to have an army of bugs stationed in my room. Additionally, our power has gone off twice during the middle of the night since we arrived. One of those times (4am) caused the air conditioning to stop working for several hours. We went to the front desk to ask for help, but no one was around to assist us in anyway. Luckily, it restored itself 3 hours later. Furthermore, no one told us that the hot water heater and air conditioning cannot be ran simultaneously. If you make that mistake, you will trip the breaker and you will lose power.

I do want to include some positive things about our stay. First, the hotel staff is incredibly kind and are absolutely some of the friendliest people I have ever met. Second, the hotel grounds near the beach and pool are impeccable. The lounge chairs under the trees, the swim-up bar, and the delicious drinks are truly a glimpse into paradise. Third, this hotel is small, so you do not feel like you are at a big party, but rather a friendly gathering.

All-in-all, if the hotel will get the insect situation under control and work on their power issues, I would consider returning. However, I am currently scratching my bug bitten legs and thinking otherwise.

Room tip: Bring Off spray, Benadryl, and fly swatter
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank FRH1999
Reviewed 19 May 2021

My husband and I spent a long weekend here for our honeymoon and loved it! The hotel is located right on the beach with a beautiful pool and swim up bar as well. We ate every breakfast, one dinner, and a happy hour here and the service, drinks, and food was all excellent - especially being able to eat right next to the beach! I loved the secluded feel of walking through the jungle to get to the hotel rooms. We also received a couples massage that was very well done. Playa Potrero gives you all the best of Costa Rica without as many tourists as nearby Tamarindo.

Reviewed 18 May 2021

Really nice place right on the beach. Staff is super helpful and friendly. Food is excellent, drinks are priced right.
Room is Studio style, big and spacious. Spa is excellent as well.
Easy check in..

2  Thank OCDane
Reviewed 6 April 2021 via mobile

Our Family both local and from abroad gathered at this charming Hotel during Easter week this year. A fun friendly vibe was felt from the time of registration to check out. The gardens at this facility are lovely and meticulously cared for. Our room was comfortable and clean with a very nice open bathroom design concept. However, the hot water was something that nobody told you was adjusted down to near 0 after every guest left, leaving you to discover that the water heater is an electric gadget inside the closet and completely out of sight. Not smart.
We made heavy use of the pool and the bar contained within. My special thanks to Wil. The swim up pool bartender. He was particularly good at his job and in my personal opinion a person who takes pride on his craft. He produced great mixology accompanied by even better service. If you happen to visit, say hi to Wil and enjoy the fruits of his love for his craft. Thanks to the staff in helping our large group some of who were not east so deal with.

Date of stay: April 2021