Lowest prices for your stay
US$56
SAVE US$66
Expedia.comUS$121
eDreamsUS$56
TravelocityUS$121
All reviews low tide sound of the waves the cliff french manager padang padang impossible beach steep stairs excellent management grilled seafood enjoyed watching the surfers private beach cold bintang spent nights here view from the balcony banana pancakes secluded location breakfast was included
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 August 2020

This place was a gem. The view you get is out of this world. You are directly on the beach and ready for sunset. If you enjoy serenity, nature and the magnificent big blue, this place will delight you. The whole place is built on a cliff and the common area for for food, drinks, sun tanning and sunset is spacious and comfortable. Christophe and the staff are very welcoming and helpful.

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 13 August 2020

I booked a couple of nights stay in Rock n Reef because I really love to be close to the ocean and to hear the sound of waves, and I ended up extending another night- I would have stayed longer if I could! It was exactly what I wanted- a super chill place to stay that I could just relax for a couple of days, listen to the waves, and look out into the horizon. You get to the hotel by walking down some steps on the cliff, which means that you're super close to the water, and there are plenty of seating areas to lounge about in the sun or the shade, although all the rooms have an amazing view of the ocean with a lot of windows, making you feel as if you're on the water, so this is one of the few hotels where you might want to spend a long time in your room!

Breakfast was included and very tasty, and in the end I just ate every meal there as the cooks were super friendly and made great food, so there's no need to leave! For a longer stay or if you want to explore the island, they offer scooter rental to get around to see the rest of Uluwatu- which I'll do next time. At high tide you can have a little dip in the water just in front of the hotel (be careful though- the current can be strong) and watch the surfers catch some waves, and at low tide you have quite a long beach that you can walk to see the different beaches on that side of the island and look at the cliffs.

The manager Christophe was super helpful and attentive, he organized a taxi pickup from the airport even though it was way past the check-in time, and all the staff were very friendly and always checking to make sure you had anything you needed, it really made you feel at home.

This is a great place to just come with a book, a sarong and a couple of bikinis to listen to the waves and get away from the world for a while, or to surf! Highly recommended :-)

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank paulap007
Reviewed 29 April 2020 via mobile

cool place with unique design. a little bit hard to find, but the view from the room and terrace worse it)) Christophe and stuff were very friendly so we felt there like home) will definitely stay there again

Reviewed 27 March 2020

We took our honeymoon unfortunately right around when the coronavirus started shutting down areas in America, and needed to stay here longer than expected. The manager, Christophe, was very hospitable and made sure we were well taken care of and comfortable. The whole staff was very friendly and started to feel like friends by the time we left as well.

My husband and I highly recommend staying here. They have delicious food, they’re right on the beach and there is a sense of adventure with the location. We will definitely be staying here again in the future if we are able to!

Reviewed 27 March 2020

The staff and manager Christophe were all very friendly, helpful and attentive to us during our stay. Gorgeous setting, close to many beaches and other attractions. Even during the unsettling times of the Corona Virus, the management team was so very helpful and Christophe helped anyway he could. 10/10 would stay again!

Trip type: Travelled with family