All reviews low tide sound of the waves the cliff french manager padang padang impossible beach steep stairs excellent management grilled seafood enjoyed watching the surfers private beach cold bintang spent nights here view from the balcony banana pancakes secluded location breakfast was included
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 December 2020

From the first interactions on What's App with the manager Christophe, I detected a lack of trust regarding money transactions and also some sarcasm.

Having traveled in Bali extensively, I have never had someone demand full payment up front (even for a scooter rental) and usually there is an inherent trust which creates a nice vibe for planning a vacation.

I ignored my intuition on this (big mistake), chalked it up as a fluke and decided to move forward with the booking.

I had chosen 2 rooms through online pics, and chose the one with the more elevated view. Got there, to find that it was the only room near construction (hammer pounding). Asked if I could move to the other room I had chosen online and the manager said it was already booked.

I decided to stay in the original room, hoping that I wouldn't be too disturbed by the construction. Discovered after a few hours of being there, that the floor was not even and being motion sick, started to feel like I was on a boat! This is no exaggeration!

Between the motion sickness and the random pounding of the hammer, I asked for a refund as the other rooms did not compare with the original ones I was interested in.
(I should also add that I was treating myself to a special weekend in Uluwatu b/c of a ceremony I was doing to honor my parents passing).

I had shared with the manager that this was a special weekend for me, so the other rooms wouldn't work and asked to be given a refund for the next 2 nights.

He said that it wasn't an option and literally laughed at me when I told him I was motion sick from the very uneven floor.

Also, bed was extremely uncomfortable and the decorative pillow cover had strange schmutz on it and looked like it hadn't been washed in a very long time.

The view was incredible and the private beach there was stunning, however there are other options of places to stay near Impossible Beach, where you will be met with a lot more grace, understanding and respect.

Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank Laura F
christophe Pierre, General Manager at Rock 'n Reef Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2020

Hi Dear Laura,

Glad you leave a review about your experience at Rock n reef Bali and feel sorry that you didnt't enjoy it.
I think we start with a wrong foot together and understand your disappointment about our services.

Like you explain you request for two rooms and wanted to choose the best for your stay, and i agree to keep both till you choose one, you decide a Bungalow ocean view so i give the other rooms to another guest. ( Sorry i cannot keep my hotel empty just because you cannot decide directly online).

On this difficult time we ask full payment for any booking, we are 50% discount on our original price and wanted to be sure that all booking are paid and confirmed, nobody complain about that and everyone feel right to paid upfront.

Sorry for the construction beside your bungalow but you find your way to avoid noise , paying the worker 20$ to make them stop the time of your stay don't really sounds respectful for this local worker about them job.( Some People Are So Poor All They Have Is Money).

We try to help you to change rooms because of your motion sickness and find another solution, like refund one night if you stayed only the first night, but no refund if you will stay for the two nights and you decide to stay...

Our staff and myself tried everything we can to make your stay enjoyable but sometimes its deosn't work on the other side.

Hopefully see you another time.
Sincerely

Christophe

Reviewed 25 October 2020

the room is big, oceanfront, and most importantly for those who needs to work : internet there are very very fast! And since there are a lot of steps to reach the hotels, you won;t find any children there, perfect for those who seek a peaceful getaway.

Room tip: The steps to the hotel are very steep.
Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 23 October 2020

The hotel has overcharged me on my credit card and have not been refunding since.
I had to leave the hotel early to make it to the flight and there was no one to do the payment. One employee charged me an amount that is apparently much higher than what we should've paid. The manager agrees that it is an over-payment but is refusing to refund to my card or transfer.
I have been sending messages to the manager but he is constantly telling that he will contact "his boss" for the refund.

Date of stay: January 2020
christophe Pierre, General Manager at Rock 'n Reef Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2020

Hello Hasan,

We are quite confuse about your review and explanation, let's take a look on your case.
You had to leave the hotel early to take a flight, and you wanted to do your done payment for food and beverage.
You didn't find any staff to help you with your bill ? (What time did you do you check out ?)
But you find someone to help you!!
You paid by credit card and didn't check the total of your bill, and realise a month after that you been over-charge.
If all this information are correct we will help you to solve this situation.
Sorry you had a bad experiences with our service and will improve it.
Sincerely
Christophe

Reviewed 14 September 2020 via mobile

It’s been my second time at Rock N’ Reef and it won’t be the last!!! I’m just totally in love with this place. The rooms are amazing, the location couldn’t be better, on the beach in front of an amazing wave. The view from the rooms is priceless!!!!! The staff very friendly and helpful with anything you need. The beach is a paradise!!! Can’t wait to come back again very soon!!!
Thanks to all the team from Rock N’ Reef for these amazing days!!!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2020 via mobile

Private turquoise beach, great surf right in front of your beautiful room, delicious food, friendly and caring staff and all just a few minutes away from some of the best surfing spots in the world... what else can you ask?? Can't wait to come back!!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple