City Suites Taipei Nanxi(Datong)
US$73
US$71
US$62
US$55
Trip.com
CU Hotel Taipei Branch(Datong)(Great Value!)
US$26
US$25
  • Breakfast included
US$50
US$44
US$178
US$139
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$155/night.

All reviewsmrt stationnight marketfamily martmagazines and newspapersthe hotel staffstreet marketthe breakfast areaspeak english wellwestern stylechinese new yearmin walkconvenience storepleasant staytaipeicomputerscarrefoursofa
Reviewed 2 March 2011

Good value for your money. Around 8-12 minutes away from the mrt (daquiatou station) Free breakfast was ok, not too outstanding. Room smelled a bit musty, but space was adequate for 2. Just remember that this is a budget hotel, so don't expect too much. Free wifi in the
room, plus 2 macs in the dining area for your connectivity needs.
Big lcd tv in the room was another
plus with good selection of english channels. Staff were english speaking and extremely helpful in
giving directions and providing maps. A 711 nearby is also a big plus. For it's price, Overall
experience was quite satisfying.
By the way, a short walk away is fun cafe, a quaint coffeeshop that serves coffee, tea, cakes and even
dumplings, you got to give it a try.

• Stayed: February 2011
4  Thank TimmyKar
Reviewed 1 March 2011

We stayed at the hotel for one week. Staff is very accommodating and friendly. Location is accessible to bus and MRT. Room is spacious and clean. 7-11 is just around the corner. Free internet. Small price to pay ( include buffet breakfast) ; thumbs up for service. Will surely stay in this hotel in next trip.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2011

Really very nice hotel, staff are extremely friendly, accommodating, and helpful, speedy in attending your needs.

Rooms are very clean and comfortable.

Site is quite okay, accessible to mrt and bus stations.

Although some of the breakfast food are a bit cold, but still can be acceptable.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2011

My wife and I were travelling from London to Australia over Christmas and we went via Taipei. We booked the Dong Wu hotel online. I found the web site a bit confusing but things were quickly sorted-out via email. We found the hotel staff very polite and helpful and our room was a good size, clean and well appointed. There is free WLAN and a good choice in the breakfast buffet.The Dong Wu is something of an oasis in a 'traditional’ but perfectly safe area of Taipei. The Metro is nearby, about ten minutes walk away. We hadn’t booked a hotel for the return leg of our journey but the choice was simple, we just re-booked!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2011

Good-
• Top notch Reception staff – they were friendly, helpful with tours, maps to the local area, printed out a few things from the Internet for me, and knew English quite well.
• The breakfast (included) was excellent. They had a nice selection of both Western and Eastern food selections. I especially like the Cappuccino maker.
• The Manager was excellent. In the middle of my stay, I couldn’t access the WIFI in my room. Being very computer literate, I knew it was a hotel network problem. I reported it to the Reception and they told me it must be an issue with my laptop (typical answer). But the Manager overhead it, and took the initiative to troubleshoot the problem (a port on their network wasn’t working – and that isn’t something an average person can diagnose themselves). He came to find me eating breakfast to tell me what the problem was and that it was fixed. That’s service that you don’t get in too many places.
• Everything in the hotel and room is very clean and up-to-date.
• Their magazine and newspaper selections would rival most libraries (honestly!)
• The bathroom amenities (toothbrush/paste, shampoo, etc.) were a very good quality.
• I liked the two bottles of water they gave you each morning (no extra charge).
• There’s a street market just a few minutes away that is city wide known to be quite good.

Bad-
• My first room had only two little windows overlooking an alleyway. I spent the extra $6 USD and upgraded to a room with a street view – well worth it!
• It was a bit chilly in the room and the thermostat didn’t have a heat setting. I found out later that I could have asked for an electric heater.
• They didn’t have any Sweet N Low (or equivalent) for my coffee in the morning.
• The elevator doesn’t go to the Lower Level floor where the breakfast is served. Being a “big boned” American I notice these

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo