US$47
US$45
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$54/night.

US$210
Santos Hotel(Datong)
US$81
US$57
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$64/night.

Star Hostel - Taipei Main Station(Datong)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$66
US$62
US$54
US$54
US$48
CU Hotel Taipei Branch(Datong)(Great Value!)
US$28
US$23
  • Breakfast included
Homey Hostel, Taipei Main Station(Datong)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$31
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmrt stationnight marketfamily martmagazines and newspapersthe hotel staffstreet marketthe breakfast areaspeak english wellwestern stylechinese new yearmin walkconvenience storepleasant staytaipeicomputerscarrefoursofa
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Stayed at Dong Wu for 8 nights during our 17 day trip to Taiwan. Used it as a base for seeing Taipei and then returning between vists to the Taroko and Alishan areas. The three rooms we had were well appointed, very clean and laundry done within a couple of hours of requesting the service. Breakfast had good choices and lovely coffee. The reception staff were brilliant both helpful and friendly, their language skills excellent. Easily accessible from Daqioutou Metro station, passing a very friendly family mart for snacks and drinks. From the outside the hotel entrance is surrounded by scooters and repair outlets, don't let that put you off excellent hotel with superb staff.

1  Thank marj47
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Stayed for 3 nights, everything is good , breakfast is good, room is clean and spacious, all amenities provided. There's a coin-operated laundry machines nearby if you don't want to use the hotel's laundry service which is more expensive. We requested for a quiet room on higher floor and was given a room on the 9th floor. The only negative is that the water from the shower is not strong enough. Will be happy to stay there again.

Room Tip: Request for a quiet room on higher floor.
1  Thank Belle N
Reviewed 29 January 2013

I think it's pretty hard to find a hotel like this in Taipei. The staff are friendly and helpful, our room is clean, the breakfast buffet has great selections, the location is convenient, and best of all, it's the cheapest hotel with all these amenities in Taipei, it really deserves the award!

1  Thank shannones1210
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Dong Wu Hotel is the best value hotel we have ever stayed in 36 cities/12 countries. Everything is perfect for price of NTD2100/night.
1. The location is good. 5-10 min's walk to Daqiaotou Station, busstop to National Palace Museum (bus 304), Ningxia night market etc.
2. The staff is very nice and considerate, always greeting us one by one. We arrived the hotel in the early morning and they have adviced us to take a rest in the restaurant at basement and 1 hr's later they noticed us immediately to check in when the room are available. They even helped us to free upgrade from standard double room to business double room.
3. The room is great. Almost everything in the bathroom (you did not need to bring anything). Our room has a window near to door but no noise at all.
4. The breakfast is just like what we eat at home. I have nothing to complain on the food as Asian/Chinese. However, the food for western is quite limited.
Overall, we are very satisfied with our 3 nights'stay and would recommend to those who want to look for a economy and comfortable hotel at Taipei.

4  Thank David_Hong
Reviewed 23 January 2013

The Dong Wu Hotel is an amazing hotel very conveniently located near Daiqotao MRT station. I chose to stay here based off the reviews here, but found myself genuinely amazed by the high level of service, attention to detail, and comfort of the room.

When I made my booking, I lodged a special request for an early check-in as I would be arriving at 5:30AM. When I checked in the staff informed me that my room was ready and had been held over especially for me at no extra charge. Absolutely amazing.

The staff were very professional, friendly, and even those who I did not meet when I checked in knew who I was and what room I was staying in. They also allowed me to extend my stay for one night at the originally booked price, which was a very nice surprise.

The room itself was meticulously clean top to bottom, and the bathroom was very well lit and contained all sorts of amenities that you could think that you might need. Other hotel managers should have a look at the Dong Wu to see how to provide value for money for their customers.

Essentially this is probably the best hotel I have stayed in in nearly 10 years of overseas travel. I would stay here again in an absolute heartbeat.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo