Lowest prices for your stay
US$158
eDreamsUS$138
Trip.comUS$125
getaroom.comUS$158
2,339 results
All reviews free shuttle magic glass chinese restaurant the executive lounge an early flight next morning breakfast buffet every half hour stuffed panda shuttle service glass wall high speed china airlines short stay late arrival stayed one night taoyuan international airport
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 February 2020 via mobile

Dear Reception Manager / Management of Novotel Hotel Taoyuan,

This is to bring to your notice that I am extremely disappointed with the service given by your reception and hotel management on the 25th January 2020 (First Day of Lunar New Year). It is truly a bad experience which has ruined what was supposed to be a happy holiday.

It was during Chinese New Year this year that my family and I (10 of us) have travelled to Taiwan and booked 5 rooms with your hotel. Upon arrival, we discovered the severity of the current novel coronavirus as it was just announced that someone from Taiwan was infected.

We noticed many hotel guests including staff were wearing masks. As we did not bring any, we asked the reception for the nearest convenience store and was directed to go to the airport as most stores near the hotel were closed for the Chinese New Year holidays. I travelled all the way back to the airport only to discover that all masks were sold out.

I then took a taxi to town and managed to purchase 5 masks which were the last few left on the shelves. My taxi driver even kindly gave me 2 masks. Upon returning to the hotel, I requested with reception to spare me 3 masks for my family members. The lady who was working at that time (and wearing mask) did not bother to even understand my situation or even check if they have any spares. She just said ‘not available’.

I then emphasized to her that if they could not spare us any, I will have to go out by taxi again to town and find some more. Bear in mind, this was during Chinese New Year Eve dinner time. That did not change a thing and I was told that hotel do not provide masks. It wasnt until I have entered the taxi for the second time when another staff came chasing after me to let me know they have some but it was too late as taxi has left.

I could see that all your hotel staff are wearing masks. I am appalled by the lack of empathy given by your front desk service even after understanding my situation. I did not demand for the hotel to provide masks for each and every one of my family members but only spare a few as we could not purchase any outside at that time.

The indifferent behaviour or as Chinese say, the lack of 人情味 has made me think twice about returning to your hotel. I have been a loyal customer of your hotel whenever I’m taking business trips to Taiwan and have always appreciated the customer service you offered.

However, this experience and the behaviour of your staff has left a bad taste in my mouth. I hope that in the future, your hotel should be well prepared to handle such type of situations better to make your guests feel safe, comfortable and well taken care of.

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank pllee1309
EricRimbeuf, 總經理 at Hotel Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2020

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport. At Novotel, I would like to apologize again due to the availability for the mask. I will share this to our team and educate them for the better service. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Eric Rimbeuf
Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport

Reviewed 5 February 2020

I have stayed twice in the Novotel Taipei Taoyuan Internation Airport within a month. Novotel is located in a 5-10 mins ride from the Terminal and they provided shuttle from/to airport terminal every 30 minutes. Or else, you may also choose to take the Metro to A14a Airport Hotel Station. And the hotel entrance is just a few steps from the station.

The room is stylish and spacious. The airport view is awesome from the room especially for airplane lover. But if you are not airplane lover, you may still hear some airplane engine sound as it's really close to the runway and taxiway. The bathroom is spacious. However, for my both stay, the magic glass in the bathroom is not working at all.

The staff are helpful and polite but sometimes queue will be formed to wait for check-in.

Overall, it's a hotel worthy to stay especially if you need to catch a early flight in the morning.

Room tip: Airport View Room is great for Plane Lover

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport. We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Eric Rimbeuf
Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport

Reviewed 26 January 2020

I’d stay in the for 7days, it’s a nice location! Nice staffs! I try the in balance massage ! Jessie has magic hands to treating me! I’m very recommend the spa
我会在这里呆7天,这是一个不错的位置! 员工不错! 我尝试平衡按摩! 杰西(Jessie)有魔力的手来对待我! 我非常推荐水疗中心

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2020

First, it took us a long time to get to our room. We got a priority welcome since I’m an accorplus member but our flight is night time and we’re all tired yet it took them a long time to give our room. Next day we were surprised to hear banging on our walls also in the ceiling. We have our 4month old baby with us and it was so stressful. I dont understand why they need to place us in a room where there are on going construction and we informed in advance that we have a baby. It was a very unpleasant experience for a 5 star hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank gracelago8
Reviewed 15 January 2020

Spotlights:
* Hearty Breakfast Buffet, esp Taiwanese Omelet available!
* Enjoy airplanes taking off right thru your room window
* Comfy Bed, a Goodnight's Sleep
* Free Shuttle from Hotel to Airport

Pity:
Overall in-room equipment is a bit old, and the bathroom wasn't 100% clean when I first entered the room. The Bath/Shower cube should be completely separated cuz the water easily spilled out onto the floor, quite slippery and dangerous. No tissue box in the bedroom, instead it's embedded in the bathroom sink! My friend and I didn't feel 5-Star quality during our stay.

Blog & FB Page : 席克偉 Foodie Chicvé
IG @chicve02

Room tip: Could request renovated room, cuz the room we stayed seemed a bit outdated.
Date of stay: November 2019