All reviews shampoo and conditioner reading room convenient location taroko gorge night market treadmill comb gym toilet bathtub design lobby wifi station english taxi taiwan
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

The shower gel, shampoo and conditioner (even the hand wash) smell incredibly good!!! Relaxing our minds after a busy working week!!!

The toothbrushes in different colours so we wouldn't mix our brushes up! Without makeup cotton, but that's ok.. they provide bath cap, comb and cotton buds!! Also, hair dryer and shatter!!

I've a weird habit to keep the empty bottles and waste papers aside, so I can somehow find recycle bins to put in... but we found no recycle bin in the whole city. I seriously told the hotel guy that I really need them to be recycle, and he said he promised they will be recycled. I'm so pleased :)

But cons- unfortunately my friend got sick on 2nd night becoz the air con is either on or off (we can adjust the temperate, but even when we put it 30'C, it still dropped to 21'C below... not sure why) but the hotel do not provide medicine. We used the traditional Aussie ways and got 2 lemons (hotel doesn't not provide lemons too) from market when we passed by, very weird was- the hotel actually not able to find a knife (the receptionist tried but he couldn't find it)

But so far, I really love this hotel lol

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
花蓮山知道, 業者 at Hotelday+ Hualien, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Hello Hollie Q, it's really happy to learn that you enjoyed the stay in our hotel. Thank you for sharing the detail of your wonderful experience. We look forward to seeing you again. Wish you have a nice day^_^

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Difficult to take a hotel seriously when it uses a fat white hippo looking "dinosaur or dragon" as its mascot! Yet, this place exceeded my expectations. Very clean, streamlined, modern look. Decor uses local nature theme with bamboo, gray slate and beautiful black and white photos of local mountain gorge.

Free wifi; super clean firm beds with white duvets and feather pillow;opaque glass enclosure for the toilet; extra roomy shower stall with plenty of hot water, strong water pressure and delicious scented herbal shampoo/conditioner/bath gel.

I loved the bamboo stand with an arrangement of packaged toiletry items. 2 individually packed toothbrushes, each in a sanitary plastic sleeve with a tiny tube of toothpaste! A small comb! dental floss picks and q-tips! So cute and thoughtful. There was an electric kettle with tea and coffee packets and 2 bottles of water.

Free wifi! After a long day of sightseeing and touring, we only needed a hot shower, clean and comfortable beds and good wifi to catch up on our comfort activities. This place hit all the spots and more.

Flat screen TV with Animal Planet documentary channel in English. I liked the modern lighting, the up to date bathroom fixtures, the beds...! Total quiet. The room numbers are etched into large riverbed pebbles hanging by the door: another creative and artistic use of local material.

Across the main road from the railroad station. We were too tired to tour the area much. Leave it for another day....

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
花蓮山知道, Curator at Hotelday+ Hualien, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Hello Saadia M, it's really happy to learn that you enjoyed the stay in our hotel. Thank you for sharing the detail of your wonderful experience. We look forward to seeing you again. Wish you have a nice day^_^

Reviewed 30 April 2017

I really wanted to like this hotel. It was very modern, and they had many cute touches on their furnishings, furniture, rock climbing walls. All of the thought put into the designs and layouts of their rooms, washrooms, lobby. It was a really cute first impression.

I absolutely LOVE the soap, shampoo, and body wash line they have in this hotel. It smells AMAZING. It's called cha tzu tang I believe, wow. I couldn't stop using this line here.

This hotel was very conveniently located only a few minutes walk from Hualien train and bus stations. Must try Hualien mochi! The peanut and sesame ones were our favourites. Gongzheng baozi was really good too, order the baozi, dumplings, and soup. We also enjoyed the night market! Not packed like the big nightmarkets in Taipei, but also has good food.

We were in room 503. The beds weren't that comfy.. found it hard to sleep. Going into the rooms, our carpets were stained with some red splotches and other colours it looked like they tried to clean it but it didn't come out. I think it's worth spending money to replace the carpets, because this is a horrible impression on guests. Now my impression went from clean, modern hotel to modern but too cheap to spend money on maintaining impressions. Please pay money to clean the floor! It looks dirty.

Also, the hotel staff should speak more English it was kind of difficult to communicate with them. And they were so stringent on the 3pm check-in time when clearly their capacity seemed low. But they had many of us waiting in the lobby until 3pm on the dot, which was annoying.

They do have luggage service which is a plus.

The day pass to Taroko Gorge was worth it, at 250NT if you plan to visit there. You can only buy it at the Hualien bus station.

The gym has two pieces of equipment, so it's not much but it does the job.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda-Luvs-To-Travel
花蓮山知道, Curator at Hotelday+ Hualien, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2017

Dear Linda-Luvs-To-Travel, it's really happy to learn that you enjoyed the stay in our hotel. We are sorry for the cleanness. We highly appreciate your suggestions and had cleaned up the carpets. We look forward to seeing you again. Wish you have a nice day^_^

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

We wanted a hotel for a 3 day tour of the Hualien area, one that was near Hualien station and modern. The Hotelday + seemed to fit the bill.

When I booked the hotel Last October, it mentioned their breakfast room was under construction (or words to that effect). However, as our stay was right at the end of February (i.e. nearly 4 months later) I didn't give this much thought. Guess what, on check-in we were told the only breakfast is supplied in boxes (still no breakfast room). These boxes are not only small in size, but also pretty poor quality.

Then there was the bizarre room layout. This is the first place where I've stayed in c. 40 years of business travel where the main room had a narrow, slit - like window whilst the separate bathroom had a huge picture window with a great view you could only enjoy from the bath or shower. Did someone building this place read the plans incorrectly?

On the plus side, the staff were very friendly and helpful, the location was good and the price was reasonable.

I really, really wanted to give the place a 4 score. If it had just been the quirky room, I would have done so. However, I just can't forgive them for the awful breakfast.

I'd rate it as bearable for a 1 or maximum 2 night stay.

Oh, and if you do stay there and want to avoid their boxed breakfasts, do what we did; walk back down Guolian 1st Road, walk across the first junction, turn left at the second (Guolian 3rd Road) walk straight ahead almost to the next junction (Guoxing 2nd Street) and go into Moo Dor for great omelette, hash browns, bacon and egg rolls and other brunch items. I've been trying unsuccessfully to add them to TripAdvisor, however no luck so far.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
花蓮山知道, 業者 at Hotelday+ Hualien, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2017

Dear Peter B B, thank you for the compliment and kindness suggest, our breakfast box is published aperiodically, and we're sorry for the breakfast box was no great shakes for you. By the way, we're already provide for our restaurant! We hope see you next time and wish you have a nice day^_^

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

Convenient stress free stop over. A flavor of contemporary local design. Facilities clean and inviting. Good start of eastern coast charm. Safe heaven in trips. There is a simple exihibit in lobby. Good choice for you

Stayed: February 2017
花蓮山知道, 業者 at Hotelday+ Hualien, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2017

Dear Daniel L, thank you for your compliment, and it’s a great pleasure for us to heard you having a great time in your trip!See you next time and wish you have a nice day^_^